Birthright Chapter Nine

Online roleplaying at the Café
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Re: Birthright Chapter Nine

Post by VAN »

Filbert bows and says:

"I will most definitely will. Thank you again Your Holiness and I'm sorry for my hast and my poor judgement."

Looiking around unsure what to do now, waits for the Archprelate to dismiss him or the others to talk and say something. Filbert realizes that anything right now will be preferred than the conversation he just had.
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

CORMAC
Adam wrote:Cormac scratches at his beard.

"Well, guess it's visitin' hours."

No new visitors enter the cell. Lady Mirraele leaves along with the guard. When he gets on the other side, the man reaches to close the door...
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Filbert waits outside the room for the others, he has a strange feeling that he knows a shortcut from Lofton. When Renn and Roald exit as well he says:

"I'm sorry my friends, I know I messed up. But I think I know a shortcut for Lofton. If I can see a map I think I can show it to you. Maybe our friend Cormac isn't lost yet."
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
RocEter
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by RocEter »

Foerde joins Filbert outside the meeting room.
Filbert waits outside the room for the others, he has a strange feeling that he knows a shortcut from Lofton. When Renn and Roald exit as well he says:

"I'm sorry my friends, I know I messed up. But I think I know a shortcut for Lofton. If I can see a map I think I can show it to you. Maybe our friend Cormac isn't lost yet."
"Well that's good news." He says. Then he kneels down close to Filbert and whispers in his ear. "In my opinion you did good, I would have done it back in Lofton if I didn't have to ditch my sword and armor."

Standing Foerde looks at Filbert with a wide grin on his face. "Come to think of it, I may know a way into Lofton too.."
History prefers legends to men. It prefers nobility to brutality, soaring speeches to quiet deeds. History remembers the battle and forgets the blood. What ever history remembers of me if it remembers me at all, it shall only be the fraction of the truth.
Brock Marsh Runoff
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Brock Marsh Runoff »

Before leaving the room, Renn pauses to add something. "Your Eminence, there is one more thing. Before Count Riegon tried to escape, he confessed that his brother was indeed the one who sent the Toymaker to assassinate our Late Duke, and that he'd meant to slay Duke Devlin as well. There are guards who will bear witness to this fact." He bows to kiss the Archprelate's ring before leaving.

Once outside, Renn look at Filbert. "Well if one of us had to do it, it may as well have been you. Now, let's go get you that map."
"You said I killed you--haunt me, then!...Be with me always--take any form--drive me mad! only do not leave me in this abyss, where I cannot find you!” -Wuthering Heights
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

"Thank you Foerde, but I'm honest that wasn't intentional. Anyway now better focus getting our friend back. We have no time to lose."

Filbert follows Renn.
- W H A T ! ? !
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Studying the map, which depicts the two duchies and neighboring lands with routes of transit marked, Filbert begins to wobble a bit.

Filbert sees-
VIEW CONTENT:
City streets unrolling from Caer Haes' doorstep to join with a path made of plank walkways, old stone roads of the Empire, country lands of hard packed dirt, wagon trails; all flying past faster and faster, with the light of the sky pulsing from light to dark and the world changing colors on either hand. The vision stops with a fixed image of Filbert and his friends gathered in a circle, clasping hands in the shadow of Caer Alam's closed gate.
The Halfling gasps.
VIEW CONTENT:
The vision fades.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

COUNCIL CHAMBER CAER HAES

The Archprelate scratches his pen over the parchment, writing the diplomatic message to Duke Carilon...

END OF CHAPTER NINE