Hazlan, Land of Monsters OOC

Online roleplaying at the Café
Nathan of the FoS
Fiendish Enforcer
Fiendish Enforcer

Hazlan, Land of Monsters OOC

Post by Nathan of the FoS »

Character discussion and getting-to-know-you here!
[b]FEAR JUSTICE.[/b] :elena:
NeoTiamat
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: Hazlan, Land of Monsters OOC

Post by NeoTiamat »

Been quite a while, but hello everyone!
Ravenloft GM: Eye of Anubis, Shattered City, and Prof. Lupescu's Traveling Ghost Show
Lead Writer & Editor: VRS Files: Doppelgangers; Contributor: QtR #20, #21, #22, #23, #24
Freelance Writer for Paizo Publishing
Isabella
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Isabella »

Hey, I remembered my password!
"No, but evil is still being — Is having reason — Being reasonable! Mousie understands? Is always being reason. Is punishing world for not being... Like in head. Is always reason. World should be different, is reason."
DeepShadow of FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by DeepShadow of FoS »

Greetings! Looking forward to a great game, and especially to being a player instead of DM! I can't remember the last game I played as just a player. I think it was about 20 years ago...maybe?

I'm not sure what else we should do to break the ice--should we describe our characters, or save that for the main thread?
The Avariel has borrowed wings,
The Puppeteer must cut the strings
The Orphan Queen must take the throne
The Queen of Orphans calls them home
NeoTiamat
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by NeoTiamat »

Isabella and Kage and I have already been discussing our various characters (and Kage and I coordinating spell lists), so that seems reasonable to me?

I present to you, Baroness Elena von Zarovich, Bard
Ravenloft GM: Eye of Anubis, Shattered City, and Prof. Lupescu's Traveling Ghost Show
Lead Writer & Editor: VRS Files: Doppelgangers; Contributor: QtR #20, #21, #22, #23, #24
Revka et al
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

Post by Revka et al »

Hello everyone!

As I'm starting to get into my character, I'm really starting to get excited. I am DeepShadow's wife, and I love playing in Ravenloft. I look forward to getting to know you all, and your characters.

I plan to change my username to my character's name as soon as I get a last name.
Revka "Eisenmadchen" Regess
"A sword does not a warrior make." --Kara's Daughter's Motto
Kaitou Kage
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Kaitou Kage »

Allo! Team sorcerer reporting for duty :)

I'm playing a Mulani sorcerer of the Rakshasa bloodline. He will be a fantastic liar, and also incredibly handsome for a guy with literally no hair.
NeoTiamat
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by NeoTiamat »

Hello Mrs. DeepShadow! I have been reading bits of the Kara's Daughter's campaign stuff as has been posted on the forum for ages, very impressive campaign it sounds like!

And I promise not to make fun of your character's male pattern baldness, Kage. [rolls Bluff]
DeepShadow of FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by DeepShadow of FoS »

Wow, Neo, I'm glad I'm not the only one who's writing a small book about their character!

Here's a challenge to all of us PC's: write a BRIEF summary of what is PUBLICLY known about your PC. I recommend you keep yourself to the traditional seven-sentence writeup.
The Avariel has borrowed wings,
The Puppeteer must cut the strings
The Orphan Queen must take the throne
The Queen of Orphans calls them home
NeoTiamat
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by NeoTiamat »

DeepShadow, I have been known to write short stories for my characters (not a joke).

Baroness Elena von Zarovich is a Barovian diplomat and member of the gentry hailing from southwestern Barovia, on the Hazlani border. She's a ravishingly gorgeous woman with pale skin and long, dark hair. Her charm and persuasiveness is unrivaled (Charisma 22, Bluff, Diplomacy, and Sense Motive +17 each), and she's possessed of an unusually broad education (Bardic Knowledge), courtesy of the University of Dementlieu, and her postings in occupied Gundarak, Kartakass, and Nova Vaasa. A Barovian patriot and an idealistic political thinker, Lena tends to keep her eye on the main chance all the same. Though she can play the simpering debutante and terrifying von Zarovich with equal ease, Lena tends towards a combination of sly flirtatiousness and mordant wit when left to her own devices. There's probably very few subjects about which Lena doesn't know something -- she has a magpie's mind. She's never seen without her familiar, a mischievous red fox named Bystroushka (or Ushka for short) nearby.

On the note of Barovian naming practices:
Elena von Zarovich = Formal (in court settings)
Lena = Familiar (friends, co-workers)
Lenka = Intimate (family, lovers, childhood friends)
Kaitou Kage
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Kaitou Kage »

NeoTiamat wrote:Hello Mrs. DeepShadow! I have been reading bits of the Kara's Daughter's campaign stuff as has been posted on the forum for ages, very impressive campaign it sounds like!

And I promise not to make fun of your character's male pattern baldness, Kage. [rolls Bluff]
I will likewise promise not to make fun of your character's terrible singing ;) [uses silver tongue, rolls Bluff]
DeepShadow wrote:Here's a challenge to all of us PC's: write a BRIEF summary of what is PUBLICLY known about your PC. I recommend you keep yourself to the traditional seven-sentence writeup.
I shall do this! As soon as I figure out more details about who my character is.

Like...y'know...his name... *cough*
Isabella
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Isabella »

Hello, nice to meet everyone! Team paladin reporting for duty! I am the party's divine caster and meatshield rolled up into one. I think we're doomed.

I am also going to be carrying all your bags, and at 17 charisma, I think I'm the ugliest one in the party.

Anyway, this is Richard Blackwood, a Mordentishman. You may have met him before. Wave hello, Richard. Why yes, I do feel rather silly about playing someone from the completely wrong side of the world, and who worships a god counter to the state religion here. But, he has some Hazlani friends here that he's come to visit.

Richard Blackwood is a Mordentish nobleman hailing from Grimshaw, the son of the current Lord Blackwood. He is a tall, wiry man, with a carefully trimmed black beard, curled black hair, and strikingly mist colored eyes. Richard, like many Mordentishfolk, is much stronger than his willowy frame would suggest (Strength 18), and is also rather sheepishly charming (Charisma 17). He is an extremely pious young man, and wishes to make some good of himself by helping the lives of others. He acts with the best aristocratic manners he can manage, but has a streak of awkwardness that can make him act stiffly. As an aristocrat he has a certain affinity for animals, namely horses, and his anchorite training leaves him with some skill in mending wounds and binding bones. He has a series of raised scars on both his hands, one resembling the shield of Ezra and one a shattered mirror, and he has a slight stutter that can make him seem soft.
"No, but evil is still being — Is having reason — Being reasonable! Mousie understands? Is always being reason. Is punishing world for not being... Like in head. Is always reason. World should be different, is reason."
Isabella
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Isabella »

That being said, Neo is suggesting we buy him a pair of sunglasses and pretend he's Barovian.

I am super curious about this eidolon, Deepshadow. :D (Also your character.)
Nathan of the FoS
Fiendish Enforcer
Fiendish Enforcer

Post by Nathan of the FoS »

Everybody's here! How exciting!

Dark glasses are something of a campaign tradition...if Richard gets some he can hang out with Cyrus and Darius (PCs from a past campaign who will eventually be NPCs in this one) and it'll be just like this (except with three of them of course):

[b]FEAR JUSTICE.[/b] :elena:
Isabella
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Isabella »

He hasn't got any Perform Ranks.