Chronicles of Vieliria

Online roleplaying at the Café
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Chronicles of Vieliria

Post by alhoon »

Mists covered the small peaceful lake at the base of the grassy hill in this chill autumn afternoon. If someone was overlooking from the top of the hill, or from the apple orchards dotting the gentle slope that led to the lake, it would seem an unatural sight. The Mists covered the lake like a soft white blanket, a blanket made up of roiling vapor, but seem to dissipate and thin unaturally fast on the shore, extending barely a few dozen yards outside the still waters of the lake.
As fate had it, nobody was standing on the slope to witness as the mists started to part and the peace of the water was suddenly disturbed.

One by one you realize that you're not where you have been minutes ago, when the fog thickened around you. At first, you can barely see your own legs. In a couple of heartbeats the Mists lessen and you can see a few yards away to the shore of the lake. The feeling that you're watched starts to subside finally. And then you realize you're not alone in the waters. A few feet from you, others stand. Humanoid forms, cloaked in the thinning fog. One is unaturally short and stocky for a human. Whether your first instict it is to run, or draw weapons, a gut feeling, something you may not understand completely where it comes from, seems to suggest those people are not enemies.
Yet.
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Re: Chronicles of Vieliria

Post by VAN »

Boiros walks at the rear of the group having a strange feeling this morning. He keeps his eyes focused on the road and instinctively few times looks at his sword as to make sure it's still there. It couldn't be the feeling of returning back to Carnival, he has been there for few months now and he has become a part of them, even if the mysterious Isolde makes him feel unease sometimes. The Anchorite cannot tell exactly why, but there is something different in Isolde, her glance, her posture, even the way she talks and how she treats everyone in Carnival. Boiros lets these thoughts fade and starts a small talk with his companions. But soon mists started to gather and become thicker, few seconds later have engulfed the cleric clouding his vision. Boiros can barely listen the others, the voices seem to come from far away, he calls at them but gets no reply. He extends his hand to get his friend Percy that was walking beside him, but his hand gets only thin air. The voices become to taunt him now and Boiros cannot see neither where he is standing. He keeps walking hoping to come out of the mists and always calling his friends, but no reply. Only taunting voices, but when Boiros looks around he can see nobody.

The ground under his feet changes and becomes wet, as if was he is walking in water. Boiros stops walking and looks around really afraid. Finally the mists clear a bit and the cleric can see that he is now in a lake. A dwarf and another human are standing few feet to his left and they seem as confused as he is. The cleric looks at them and gets few steps back looking around hoping to see his companions as well. But he doesn't see any familiar face, his companions are missing and he has no idea where he is.

He barely fights his first instinct to draw his sword but gets his holy symbol instead. Feeling stronger knowing that his goddess is with him he makes a small prayer to Ezra to relax. He raises his hands in a not threatening way and getting out of the water he studies the others. Apparently they are also lost at the mists and better have allies at this new place. He decides to speak at all the languages he knows since he doesn't know where these people coming from.

"Hello, I'm Boiros. Do you know where we are? Guess the mists got us all here same time so we need to figure out why and how to return back. I suggest get out of the lake start a fire and talk."
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
Varrus the Ethical
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Varrus the Ethical »

WILFRED

Wil chuckles. "I was about to ask the same, myself." He looks around. "I don't suppose anyone saw the exit. There are people who need my help."
"Most men would rather deny a hard truth than face it."

George R.R. Martin.
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Boiros raises an eyebrow.

"The exit? Where do you come from?"
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
Roddek
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Roddek »

It took a bit longer for Roddek to struggle to a place where he could stand with his head above water. He looked about, trying to get his bearings and failing. "Where in the hells are we?" The dwarf sloshed forward through the water to the shore, weighed down by heavy armor. "We talk on the shores, humans. Not all of us can stand above the water."
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

"Here, let me help you."

Boiros gets closer to the dwarf and tries to help him get out of the water.
- W H A T ! ? !
Varrus the Ethical
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Varrus the Ethical »

Wil sloshes up to help Boiros pull the dwarf to shore. "I was in Falkovina until just a moment ago. No idea where we are now."
"Most men would rather deny a hard truth than face it."

George R.R. Martin.
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

As the group moved to the shore to discuss about their situation, the mists thinned even more. By the time they were all in dry ground, they could easily see a couple of miles in each direction, and further than that, they could see the outline of mountains in the east. As the sun started painting the clouds and the remaining fog with a deepening orange light and shadows lengthen, a little breeze picked up.
The place they found themselves was colorful, with the evergreens swaying lightly along thick soft grass and even some flowers while a few brown leaves danced lazily as they dropped from the trees. Birds were returning to their Nests for the night and a squirel could be seen on an oak watching the group till he turned and ran into the folliage. The colors, sounds and smells were a clear antithesis with the gray foreboding intangible barrier of mist that stood in the distance.
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
My DMGuild work!
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

"Well that makes two of us...I was in Darkon merely walking with some friends. What the odds get two people from different lands and bring them here same time and I bet our friend dwarf here is from a different place as well."
- W H A T ! ? !
Roddek
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Roddek »

VAN wrote:"Here, let me help you."

Boiros gets closer to the dwarf and tries to help him get out of the water.
Varrus the Ethical wrote:Wil sloshes up to help Boiros pull the dwarf to shore. "I was in Falkovina until just a moment ago. No idea where we are now."
Roddek impatiently bats the hands away trying to help him. As he came out on to shore, his ornate armor came into view, and judging by the quality and craftsmanship of it, it looked as if he was from a noble family. "Aye. I was leaving the land of the Greyaxes, not far the kingdom of Girethon on my way to war when I ended up here." He looked about once more. "Where is 'here' anyway?"
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

"A kingdom, an exit and me from a road. We all have different stories and gotten from different places. We do need get out of the water and think straight."
Last edited by VAN on Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- W H A T ! ? !
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

VAN wrote:"Well that makes two of us...I was in Darkon merely walking with some friends. What the odds get two people from different lands and bring them here same time and I bet our friend dwarf here is from a different place as well."
"More than three I am afraid" a voice somewhere to their left said as a lad step out from behind an oak. "Were you also tricked by the vistani?"
The youth seemed to be a little older than a teenager, with brownish blond hair that reached to his shoulder and a short beard framing his elegant features. He's dressed in comfortable, good quality clothes, a rapier hangs by his side and a backpack is strapped on his back.
The young man looks around in frustration keeping his distance from the armed group "100 gold scandals to get me to Dementlieu and the rascals dumped me in this place"

Wilfred could remember that "Scandal" was the gold piece of the land of Richemulot, and the man's atire was similar to what a youth with some coin and a taste for fancy would wear there.

The young man's gaze turned to the armored dwarf after he speaks. "That is a good question monsieur." Seems a bit hesitant and then he makes a couple of steps towards them as they stand on the grassy earth, water still dripping from them. "I mean no harm, should I assume you mean no harm to me either?"
My DMGuild work!
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

"Hi there, so you were going to Dementlieu. What a coincidence I'm from there even if I currently was in Darkon. Vistani aren't trustworthy. What's your name and where do you come from?"

Looking at the others Boiros asks:

"Does any one you know how to start a fire? Guess all of us can benefit of that so our clothes get dry."
Last edited by VAN on Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- W H A T ! ? !
Roddek
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Roddek »

"I'll do you no harm so long as you mean none to me," Roddek said. Roddek shook his head, pulling his shield and backpack off. "Can't say that I can, not with everything soaking wet. Wouldn't mind a warm fire though."
Last edited by Roddek on Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

"I'm Boiros, Anhorite of the Dementlieu sect."

Turning to the dwarf the cleric asks:

"You mentioned a Kingdom Roddek, but I have never heard of it. Do you know any land nearby, or a mountain or anything else that can help us figure out where are you coming from?"
- W H A T ! ? !