Chronicles of Vieliria

Online roleplaying at the Café
Roddek
Conspirator
Conspirator

Re: Chronicles of Vieliria

Post by Roddek »

Roddek moves past the stranger, axe in hand and staring into the darkness to see if he'd been followed by who or whatever gave him that gash. "Were you followed," asked the well armored dwarf.
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

Tyrem seems to realize there's a newcomer but seems reluctant to come out when there are obviously better suited people to take care of the situation. He asks, in a carrying, but not loud voice "Who's there? Who is the new guy? What happened to him?" in order to not upset his family.

Arneu steps out of the small wooden storage too, his hand on his rapier's pomel and looks around looking for danger. "Don't worry Tyrem. A wounded man showed up, but I'm sure everything will be fine. We will take care of the newcomer and his wounds ourselves. Go back to your bed. If there's any need we will give a shout"
That doesn't seem to placate Tyrem at all actually. "Wounded man? Who wounded him?" he asks in a worried voice. Sleep seems to have been removed from the poor farmer's thoughts. He stands with his head out of the door, not wanting to let his family in danger, but not wanting to get out in the danger either. He calls the dog to himself and pets it, which seems more to reassure himself than calm the animal.

Arneu gives an apologetic shrug to any of the others that give him a stare (or a piece of their mind) for upsetting the farmer.
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
Roddek
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Roddek »

Roddek grunted something. He wasn't happy with the way he was being treated by these farmers so that seemed to be the best reassurance he could muster. He continued staring to make sure nothing came from the darkness. "Back home I would never be treated like this," he muttered to himself and his companions.

(Edit:) After a moment, Roddek nodded. "Looks to be clear to me," he said, stepping over to the stranger. "Want to tell us what happened?"
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Boiros lowers his sword and turning slightly his head to face Tyrem says:

"Please Mr Tyrem I understand you are worried but we will take care of the newcomer`s wounds and we will make sure nothing gets close to your house. You and your family will be safe."

Without waiting the farmer`s reply the cleric gets closer to the newcomer and checks if he has other wounds or if he needs magical heaing.

"Better give him some space till he feels better then we can ask him."

With a cautious moves Boiros helps the man sit on a nearby crate and says:

"Hello, can you tell me if aside your dizzyness and obvious headche if you are anywhere else hurt? I`m a cleric I can help you."
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

Tyrem seems to be reassured by the group's efforts and guarantees. He seems more calm and after he watches Boiros silently examining the wounded man and the armored dwarf watching the night without fear, he thanks them for their dilligence, brings a little milk, water and pie leftovers for the newcomer and bids them goodnight.

As Boiros examines the wounded man, he soon comes to the conclusion that his head wound wasn't serious nor was caused by bandits since he still has his belt pouch and equipment.
Boiros comes to the conclusion that the man, probably confused or scared, slipped and hit his head. He seems to be somewhat dehydrated too. The combination of fear, dehydration and dizzyness puts the poor fellow in his present state.
It seems to be nothing that some water, a little of salt and a good night's rest wouldn't take care of.

As Boiros examines the man, Arneu approaches and says in a low voice. "Be careful my Anchorite friend. I don't know what you're used to, but last time I was in this land, clerics and priests were not allowed to touch a man with the divine powers of their Gods unless he asked for the service. Even then, you need to be carrying a special token, I don't remember what, signifying you're certified by the local church of Ezra and trusted enough to not do anything terrible to the man that trusts you.
Using divine magic without permission on someone else is considered quite bad in this land. Using divine magic even with permission, without the right token, carries a fine."
After a small pause, Arneu adds looking at the others.
"Obviously most uses of the forbidden arts of arcane magic are swiftly and severely punished. Even using an enchanted item carries a risk."
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
My DMGuild work!
Varrus the Ethical
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Varrus the Ethical »

Will takes out his kit of healing supplies. "I'm good with more mundane forms of healing. Let me see what I can do."
"Most men would rather deny a hard truth than face it."

George R.R. Martin.
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Boiros tilts his head a bit to the left so Arneu can see the surprise all over his face.

"So you tell me that I can't heal someone if not carrying this token? Never heard something like that before. Devine magic is a gift from my godess. I should protect and take care of all those that worship the Lady of Mists and purge the darkness and who tries to harm her followers. This is who I am and what I have to do. Nevertheless I will respect thisland's customs as long as it doesn't interfere with my faith. Thank you Arneu. Anyway his man just need some water and a good night sleep. He is dehydrated and bumped his head, tomorrow morning he will be fine."

Seeing Wil getting closer with his medical kit Boiros steps aside in order to give him some space.
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

Wilfred tends the wound but seems to be able to do little about the mild concussion the newcomer seems to be suffering from.
Arneu looks at the others "He has mentioned a "Gate". Does that ring any bells to any of you?"
My DMGuild work!
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Boiros studies Wilfred while he takes care of the new comer and admires Wil's healing skills. It is clear to the cleric that the ranger is better than him. When Arneu mentions the gate Boiros just shrugs.

"I hanen't heard a place like this but he might mean the gate of a castle or a city gate. Guess we have to wait till he feels better and can answer our questions. Meanwhile I sugest we take watches to make sure nobody comes close to the store or the mainhouse. Do you agree?"
- W H A T ! ? !
Naliamegod
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Naliamegod »

-as he comes to, he looks aroind the rkkm and immediately jumps up defensively. After learning he is in no danger, he relaxes- I can tell noone is from the sword coast by the way you speak. Where am I and who the heck are yoy people? You can call me G for now
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Boiros's hand instinctively gets to his sword as the newcomer jumps up but then seeing that the man is as lost as they are he relaxes a bit.

"Calm down buddy, you have had a concussion and you are dehydrated as well. You will be fine with some water and rest. I'm Boiros, an Anchorite of the Lady of Mists and these are Roddek, Arneu and Wilfred. I haven't heard the place you mentioned, but all of us came here out of thin air, out of the mists to be precise. Guess we are all from different places and we need to find out why we are here, why us, and why we can get back."

Thinking that Arneu has already been at this land Boiros adds:

"You said you have been at this land before Arneu, can you tell us how you arrived here, how is this land called and how we can go back to Darkon or whereever the others are coming from?"
- W H A T ! ? !
Naliamegod
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Naliamegod »

-relaxes a bit more after realizing he is in no immediate danger yet- Lady of the Mists, eh? I Never heard of that title before. Is she a head of a family or a major maam? -looks around a bit more before focusing on Arneu-.
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Boiros looks at G really concerned now, he doesn't consider himself an expert in geography so not knowing the so called sword cost isn't big deal for him but someone not knowing the Lady of Mists strikes really strange at the cleric. He tilts his head to the right giving the newcomer a side look and shows him his holy symbol.

"You tell me that you have never heard the Mighty Ezra, the Lady of Mists? She is a goddess of great power and I'm honored to worship her. You have never seen this holy symbol? The shield that protects her followers and the sword that strikes her enemies? Where are you from G, how is your land called? Maybe Arneu knows it."
Last edited by VAN on Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- W H A T ! ? !
Roddek
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Roddek »

The dwarf pulled a water skin from his pack inside the barn and handed it to the stranger. "I can't say I've heard of Ezra myself. But I haven't heard of the Sword Coast either. You might be a stranger to this world, like myself." He kept glancing out into the night to make certain there weren't any dangers lurking in the darkness.
"You're in the company of friends, for now," Roddek said, though he was probably the least friendly face of the bunch. "Much more than that I can't say, though our bard friend might be able to tell you more. How about you? How'd you get here?"
Varrus the Ethical
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Varrus the Ethical »

Wil repacks his healing kit once he's done. "Seems like all kinds of interesting people ended up getting grabbed up by the mists."
"Most men would rather deny a hard truth than face it."

George R.R. Martin.