Birthright: Tuornen, Chapter Ten

Online roleplaying at the Café
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Re: Birthright: Tuornen, Chapter Ten

Post by VAN »

Filbert looks around and says in low voice.

"I'm sure you did Sir Roald. But I had an interesting meeting as well. Better we go talk to my room, we will be more comfortable."

Once at his room the halfling offers a glass of wine to Roald if he wants something to drink something and then takes a seat at the small table at the center of the room.

"I'm sorry I called you here Sir Roald, but I think you share my concern that might be spies at the palace. I may sound paranoid but I trust close to anybody these days...Anyway, I was at the tavern downtown and I met there Atli the Moneylender, a how to say...a dwarf that knows almost everything and is willing to share his information for the right price...Anyway he told me that South of the city, at the horse fair, there are Alamiens soldiers and there will be there tomorrow morning. Don't ask me how he knows but I trust his sources, they are far better than mine. I already send a guard to call here Captain Rennault but your help will be very appreciated as well Sir Roald. Can I count on you to get these soldiers? I don't know how many they are, their plan and for how long they will remain there. I just know that we have to move tomorrow morning."
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
Varrus the Ethical
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Varrus the Ethical »

ROALD AND FILBERT

"It does strike me as a bit odd that there would be Alamie soldiers on this side of the river, what with the war going on and all. Perhaps its part of some plot to try and rescue their Duke?"

He shakes his head.

"I can help with that matter in the morning. We should speak with Sir Rory to see if he can spare a few of his men. I was planning on speaking with him, anyway. You may actually want to hear what I have to discuss with him."
"Most men would rather deny a hard truth than face it."

George R.R. Martin.
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

"Yes that's what I was thinking and that's why I didn't want to discuss this at the corridor and have sent a guard to call Captain Rennault here as well. Thank you for accepting to help Sir Roald, I knew you never say no to a challenge! I agree that we should inform Sir Rory as well and ask his men to help as you suggested. And yes I will be glad to join your meeting with him."
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
kintire
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by kintire »

Safana's eyes light up and then turn a little hungry.

"An easy choice my Lords! Wealth is fleeting..."

her smile turns a little forced for just a moment as if that remark turned a little personal

"and rank is gained or lost in moments, but knowledge is a treasure that can never pass away. I choose Knowledge"
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

A short while later...

FILBERT AND ROALD MEETING WITH SIR RORY THE CASTELLAN IN THE COUNCIL CHAMBER, NIGHTTIME

Sir Rory enters the chamber, dressed in lightweight evening robes but wearing his silver chain of office and a belted poignard. The old castellan runs his hands over his tousled gray hair, patting it down to his skull.

"You requested an immediate audience, Sir Roald. What is it you wished to discuss?"

The old man glances down at Lord Filbert.
''Hello, my lord.''
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

SAFANA

kintire wrote:Safana's eyes light up and then turn a little hungry.

"An easy choice my Lords! Wealth is fleeting..."

her smile turns a little forced for just a moment as if that remark turned a little personal

"and rank is gained or lost in moments, but knowledge is a treasure that can never pass away. I choose Knowledge"

''So be it.''
The middle figure reaches into his embroidered green robes and pulls forth a small book bound in dun leather.

''This book details certain creatures and characteristics of the Shadow World."

The figure rises and sets the book on his empty chair.

The others also stand.

"Keep a sharp eye on the special prisoner at Caer Haes. He is extremely dangerous and not to be trusted. When Duke Devlin returns to the city, you must be ready to defend him from fire, poison, and assassin's blade. Watch out for the Toymaker's gadgets, as well--our sources indicate that he isn't dead or fled far away. We will contact you if it becomes necessary. Now we must depart. You have the gratitude of our Order, my lady."

The antlered men file out of the room through the door by which they had entered.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

FILBERT AND ROALD MEETING WITH SIR RORY THE CASTELLAN IN THE COUNCIL CHAMBER, NIGHTTIME

Filbert offers a smile at the Castellan.

"Hello Sir Rory. Actually both of us have important news to discuss with you."

Filbert tells Sir Rory what he found out from Atli, without telling him which was the source though.

"Sir Roald was kind enough to accept to help me tomorrow morning to get these soldiers. I wander if you could give us few men to help us accomplish this task as well Sir Rory."
- W H A T ! ? !
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

VAN wrote:FILBERT AND ROALD MEETING WITH SIR RORY THE CASTELLAN IN THE COUNCIL CHAMBER, NIGHTTIME

Filbert offers a smile at the Castellan.

"Hello Sir Rory. Actually both of us have important news to discuss with you."

Filbert tells Sir Rory what he found out from Atli, without telling him which was the source though.

"Sir Roald was kind enough to accept to help me tomorrow morning to get these soldiers. I wander if you could give us few men to help us accomplish this task as well Sir Rory."
"'I'll send a few of the Duke's guards. I can't spare many men; they are needed to keep watch over Carilon Alam, and to hold Caer Haes in the event of a surprise attack."

VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

"I understand, Duke's guards are fine. Thank you Sir Rory. I plan to go first and scout the area and find out how many are these soldiers and if is possible set them a trap, I prefer to avoid having an encounter at plane sight where innocents mights get hurt or get hostages. I would prefer strike fast and leave. So if you can tell to the Duke's guards to remain close to Sir Roald unseen and we will decide a signal so they can come and arrest the enemy soldiers at the best occasion."
- W H A T ! ? !
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

VAN wrote:"I understand, Duke's guards are fine. Thank you Sir Rory. I plan to go first and scout the area and find out how many are these soldiers and if is possible set them a trap, I prefer to avoid having an encounter at plane sight where innocents mights get hurt or get hostages. I would prefer strike fast and leave. So if you can tell to the Duke's guards to remain close to Sir Roald unseen and we will decide a signal so they can come and arrest the enemy soldiers at the best occasion."

"Yes, of course. I can draw on the city garrison to bolster the castle defenses if I must--but I don't want to weaken the wall guard by sending out a large force. If the Alamiens don't mind spending blood and treasure, they could cross the river again soon. A sizeable enemy host has been gathered and stands ready in Lofton, despite all the damage you and your friends have done. Boats could be had. Haes is yet in peril.''

VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Filbert frowns at the news, he hoped the situation for once has turned to their favor but instead they were about to face another threat...

"Do what you think is best to save the palace, Tuor and keep Duke Carilon safe Sir Rory. I trust your judgement more than anyone. I will take any help you think is best suited for my mission."
- W H A T ! ? !
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

VAN wrote:Filbert frowns at the news, he hoped the situation for once has turned to their favor but instead they were about to face another threat...

"Do what you think is best to save the palace, Tuor and keep Duke Carilon safe Sir Rory. I trust your judgement more than anyone. I will take any help you think is best suited for my mission."

"'I'll send what help I can. You should also consider taking Safana. Magic might come in handy.''

VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

"Yeah I had in mind both her and Gunnar actually, just didn't have time to call them yet. As soon as I arrived at the palace told a guard to call Captain Rennault and then went to find Sir Roald. But after this meeting I will send someone to find both Lady Safana and Gunnar and ask them to meet us tomorrow morning. If they don't want to join the task force, well they can just take the day off and relax hoping of course there isn't need to defend the palace of the Alamiens..."
- W H A T ! ? !
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

"Indeed. Gunnar does have other duties, you know. He's guarding the Captain's younger sister. But I don't know if he can go with you-- you will need to check with him."

Adam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Adam »

CORMAC

"Aye, well, tha's the problem wi' goblins," the northman agrees, "There's never any shortage of 'em about."

With that he takes his leave, assuming the Duke has no more need for him. He finds a messenger, scribbling out a quick letter to his men at the church.
VIEW CONTENT:
Lads,
I'm well. Had a spot of trouble with a raid into enemy territory, but I'm out and on the lookout for new opportunities. Hope construction is going well. There's a raid into goblin territory coming up soon, and the noble-types need some more swords. Dietric, Ned, and Hob should come as soon as possible.

-Cormac.
With that he seeks out a messenger and dispatches his letter with directions to the site of the church's construction.
"Of course," Benn mutters, "It would be a damned shame if we ever knew what the hell was actually going on."