Stupid Question...

Discussing all things Ravenloft
Dark Angel
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Stupid Question...

Post by Dark Angel »

Real quick, where are the 2nd edition Sea Zombies? I thought they were in the monster compendiums, but they are not and I had a Jolly Roger who had a crew that didn't have stats. Does anyone know where it is located?
"One does not stop playing when they get old, they grow old when they stop playing" George Bernard Shaw
"If you could be either God’s worst enemy or nothing, which would you choose?" Chuck Palahniuk
Catman Jim
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: Stupid Question...

Post by Catman Jim »

There is a version of Sea Zombies in the "Quoth the Raven" netbook #9, starting on page 77. Netbook can be downloaded over in the Library.
I only wish I had retired sooner!
Dark Angel
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Dark Angel »

Yeah, I saw that one and I just made due without the 2nd edition stats (regular zombies with a swim rate and gaff hooks), but I am looking for the original source and *hope* I had not gotten rid of it at some point. This is more the obsessive compulsions that make me the wonderfully retentive DM that my players fear.
"One does not stop playing when they get old, they grow old when they stop playing" George Bernard Shaw
"If you could be either God’s worst enemy or nothing, which would you choose?" Chuck Palahniuk
High Priest Mikhal
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by High Priest Mikhal »

I would imagine it would be in one of the Ravenloft Monstrous Compendium Annual books, but I'm not sure. Never had the books.
"Money is the root of all evil...I think I need more money."
Dark Angel
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Dark Angel »

I checked those, twice. I know it's in the back of one of the supplements (and maybe in another one or two), but I'll be damned if I cannot find it.
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Gonzoron of the FoS »

Ahem...
http://fraternityofshadows.com/wiki/Sea_Zombie

:)

It's a tricky one. The perfect thing to check Mistipedia for... ;)
"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."
Dark Angel
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Dark Angel »

Gonzoron of the FoS wrote:Ahem...
http://fraternityofshadows.com/wiki/Sea_Zombie

:)

It's a tricky one. The perfect thing to check Mistipedia for... ;)
I was two seconds away from going through the Drawing Room area looking through every supplement for this (I knew they list new monsters in the printed material). It was in my more difficult to get to storage area, hence my reluctance to dig it out without knowing for sure, Thanks Gonzoron!
Dark Angel
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Dark Angel »

Well, I am glad I now have made an avenue for my stupid queries....

While perusing the forum, I noticed every member has a title of sorts under their names (conspirator, evil genius, etc). How are these determined?
Zilfer
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Zilfer »

They are determined by post count save for the mods who get their own special one it seems. Or long time members that seem to have received a special title in honor of them being around for a long time or probably being friends with the mods. :D

I wouldn't mind having the title "Knight of shadows" though.... :P
There's always something to lose.

Fraternity of Shadows Discord
https://discord.gg/AM6Kp95ekf
Nathan of the FoS
Fiendish Enforcer
Fiendish Enforcer

Post by Nathan of the FoS »

Zilfer wrote:They are determined by post count save for the mods who get their own special one it seems. Or long time members that seem to have received a special title in honor of them being around for a long time or probably being friends with the mods. :D

I wouldn't mind having the title "Knight of shadows" though.... :P
The "special titles" are mostly based on a) being a present or emeritus member of the Fraternity or b) having participated in a past campaign.

One Halloween we ran a "real time" Fraternity adventure unfold in which the in-game Fraternity of Shadows were betrayed by one of their members (my character, actually :shock: :wink: ) and had their stronghold burned down around their ears, in honor of the transition from 3e to 4e. Several of the people who played in that got special titles based on their characters in that adventure. You can see what happened and the aftermath in the "Evening with the Fraternity" board down in the Cafe de Nuit. Hence alhoon being "Invisible Menace", Rotipher being "Thieving Crow", and so on.

Le Noir Faineant (I think I'm spelling that wrong) also ran a long campaign, and he talked us into giving the people who completed it the title "Champion of the Maiden", so you'll see that one around too.
[b]FEAR JUSTICE.[/b] :elena:
Zilfer
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Zilfer »

Yep all of those I have seen. :D^

Maybe if I stick around long enough.... :P
There's always something to lose.

Fraternity of Shadows Discord
https://discord.gg/AM6Kp95ekf
Dark Angel
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Dark Angel »

Good to know. Good thing I don't have much going into my schedule for the next decade or so!
The Giamarga
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by The Giamarga »

This is the Monster Manual version:
Sea Zombie 2e stats. Apparently they were in on of the annuals..

They were also in:
1E:
TSR 2023, Greyhawk Adventures, p. 33/34 (several designers named, main designer James Ward) ;
TSR 2107 MC 5 Greyhawk Appendix (“Zombie”) (several designers named);

3E:
WW 8387 “Tome of Horrors” p. 283/284 (“Brine Zombie”) (Scott Greene);
Dungeon 106, p.48-50 (Drowned One template) (Greg Vaughan)

The Ravenloft version might differ from them...
Last edited by The Giamarga on Sat Sep 21, 2013 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Matthew L. Martin
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Post by Matthew L. Martin »

Sea zombies are also found under the "Zombie" entry in the 2nd Edition Monstrous Manual.
Dark Angel
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Dark Angel »

So renewing this thread with a less than stupid question/query: Is there any resource out there that take the Sithican novel, Spectre of the Black Rose, and lay it out in a concise manner? My group just detoured through there and I may want to throw that scenario against them. I know there is information in the 4th Gaz and I have the Dragon Magazine articles with the 2nd edition npc stats for the Cobbler, Inza, Azreal, and the Wandering Spirit (cannot recall his name/title).
I ordered the book online, but fear I will not have it here in time and read to prepare for what I know is a cool point in the tale of Sithicus. I am not planning on running them through the novel verbatim nor in the place of the novel's protagonist. I am looking for something with overarching storylines of what occurs, when, and potentially how players can be involved (without screwing up the events of the novel itself). Any help or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.