The Halls of Medeia - OOC

Online roleplaying at the Café
Ail
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: The Halls of Medeia - OOC

Post by Ail »

Hi everyone,

I'd like to know how you're enjoying the game so far. This is the Prologue, and although I could simply have explained in several cut-scenes what I want from this Prologue, I thought it could be more fun to play through it. Basically, its function is to explain the setting, let important characters, both PCs and NPCs, develop and become known to you, and sow the roots for what will happen in the real game.

Which means that there should not be much action now, and the game can get boring, even soap-opera-ish. Since a game only should exist while the players are having fun, I'd like to know if you're happy with it by now, if the posting frequency is ok, and what I could improve for you and your characters. Personally, I'm most worried with Alastor, as I think AG and Tarlyn are having fun. But I want to be sure. I loved Alastor's input regarding the sufragettes, that fits perfectly with what I intend, and is a way to bring him more into the action, but since there is not much happening now except introducing characters that will be for the most part students, Niles may get a bit neglected and I don't want that to happen or discourage Alastor from the game.

So, any feedback would be welcome. This is my first time running an online campaign, and I am worried about losing players.

Thanks all.
Zumba d'Oxossi (A Stitch in Souragne)
Brother Eustace (The Devil's Dreams)
Robert de Moureaux (A New Barovia)
Ail
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Ail »

Tarlyn, I tried to access your sheet in myth-weavers, but I've got a bad id. If you changed it, could you send me the new URL please?
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

I'm cool with the game thus far. Obviously AG and I are roleplaying and not with Niles.

I sent you via pm George's link, Ail.
A G Thing
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Location: Currently the Frozen Wastes of Mount Pleasant Michigan

Post by A G Thing »

It has mostly been bad timing and us trying to tie the story together in the roleplay. If you want to suggest to Alastor that Niles head toward George and Christine's location. He can arrive and we as players can wait for him to respond. I really would like to get all of us in on this as well and I think we just had a few awkward starts at it is all. No ones fault really. Just happens at some points. We will get it! So come on Alastor... Just get in the conversation and we will wait for you! :D
"There is only one true answer to any and every question. The rest are just vagaries and obfuscations."
Ail
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Ail »

Ah, I didn't mean that. And surely it's not bad starts. It's natural for George and Christine to get together, but we don't have to force Niles into it. I hope that other opportunities will present themselves, and I am preparing scenes for Fiachra to shine too. You will join eventually, there's all the prologue for that, I hope :)

I did not mean my post as a criticism of any kind, just a mean to let you express what you think I could improve.
A G Thing
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Location: Currently the Frozen Wastes of Mount Pleasant Michigan

Post by A G Thing »

Don't worry Ail... Like I said... No ones fault really at all... But LETS DO THIS!!! LOL!

I am just pumped for all of us to have fun together on this game!!! :D
"There is only one true answer to any and every question. The rest are just vagaries and obfuscations."
Alastor
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Alastor »

I've been enjoying the game so far. It's a good thing that the characters are interacting naturally, even if that means that they act seperately for a while.

You're not in danger of losing anyone, Ail.
Above the conquered folk,
the draconic citadel
awaits rebellion.

Not the daimon, just a namesake.
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Looks like Niles is headed our way. I suppose we could rp a little more until he arrives which shouldn't be too long.
Ail
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Ail »

That's fine by me. I am at a conference this week. It ends tomorrow, but that is mainly the reason why I have not posted yet and will not do it before tomorrow.
Ail
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Ail »

Hi,

I should warn you that I will be travelling tomorrow. For the next week, I will have a different schedule and although nothing much should change, there could be some trouble posting. Just so you know, if I begin responding with a different frequency.

I will take this computer, which means I will have access to all my files related to this game.

Have fun.
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

[dice]0[/dice]

+3 Sense Motive
Ail
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Ail »

George is oblivious to Harriett and does not notice anything.
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Even if he noticed something he wouldn't say anything in front of others, only to her in a private way.
Alastor
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Alastor »

It looks like my previous die roll didn't work, so here is another attempt:
[dice]2[/dice] + 5
Above the conquered folk,
the draconic citadel
awaits rebellion.

Not the daimon, just a namesake.
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Hey Ail. George will try to also find out if there are any bookstores in town and where they are, ok?