Birthright
15%

Total votes: 13

ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

interest in PbP

Post by ewancummins »

Note that these are listed in order of how soon I could start running each, and also in order of most to least flexibility about the player roster(because of established PCs and the need for continuity).

This poll is open (that's why it's not in PM) and results are not binding. I'm just looking to gauge interest. I'll make decisions about what to run and when based on player response, real life factors, and so on.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
Zilfer
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: interest in PbP

Post by Zilfer »

This just for your players? o.O'
There's always something to lose.

Fraternity of Shadows Discord
https://discord.gg/AM6Kp95ekf
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Zilfer wrote:This just for your players? o.O'

It's an open poll, so feel free to respond.

Pendragon would be a fresh start, so while I certainly want and expect return players, it need not be any particular line-up. New players would be cool. I'm not holding a spot for anybody, yet.

Birthright and Ravenloft would be continuing games/sequels, so slots would go first to guys with active PCs carried over from previous games. That doesn't mean new players are unwelcome. It's just a question of whether there is room. I won't know that until I get a better idea of interest and availability. Players come and go. Sometimes somebody wants to play, but is too busy with other stuff, and decides to sit one out.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

Brock Marsh Runoff
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Brock Marsh Runoff »

Much as I like Ravenloft, I think I'm up for Pendragon this time. And I'm not saying that just because I need ideas for my post-apocalyptic King Arthur novel-in-planning. :D
"You said I killed you--haunt me, then!...Be with me always--take any form--drive me mad! only do not leave me in this abyss, where I cannot find you!” -Wuthering Heights
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Since I have never played Pendragon I prefer Ravenloft or Birthright but this doesn't mean that if you decide to run a Pendragon game I will not be interested, just need to tell me the base rules, how to make char etc :) But an Ewan's game is a must for me!
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
Metaflux
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Metaflux »

I'm willing to join. I've got a couple PCs that have been bound to Ravenloft, but haven't had much action for a bit. Namely, two paladins (human level 6). Although, if the need arises that I make a new character, I can do that, too.
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Metaflux wrote:I'm willing to join. I've got a couple PCs that have been bound to Ravenloft, but haven't had much action for a bit. Namely, two paladins (human level 6). Although, if the need arises that I make a new character, I can do that, too.

Level 6 sounds about right based on characters from the pervious Ravenloft game.

If we end up playing that game, one those PCs may work well.

Of course I can't guarantee a slot in advance, not till I figure out:

A: Which of the three games I will run.

B: Who will play (I'm giving preference to return players with active PCs in the latter two games for the sake of continuity and out of courtesy to the players).

steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

ewancummins wrote:
Metaflux wrote:I'm willing to join. I've got a couple PCs that have been bound to Ravenloft, but haven't had much action for a bit. Namely, two paladins (human level 6). Although, if the need arises that I make a new character, I can do that, too.

Level 6 sounds about right based on characters from the pervious Ravenloft game.

If we end up playing that game, one those PCs may work well.

Of course I can't guarantee a slot in advance, not till I figure out:

A: Which of the three games I will run.

B: Who will play (I'm giving preference to return players with active PCs in the latter two games for the sake of continuity and out of courtesy to the players).

If Juergin counts, then yes, I am in. Otherwise na.
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

tarlyn wrote:
Juergin might be a borderline case.

Benn did extend a cautious sort of invitation to him to look the party up if he came to Pont-a-Museau.
On the other hand, maybe the PCs on the whole would be unwilling to accept him, knowing something about his murderous deeds.

I'd want a PC who could fit into the party, both for your sake and for the fun of the others.

If I ran a BR sequel, either of your two PCs might return.

Dominica was sent away with the official reason being the need to protect her from the vicissitudes of the war. The war has ended. No reason she can't return, although maybe she would not want to.

A certain dwarf is not welcome at court unless he apologizes to the duke, but might be welcome among other PCs.

In a Pendragon game, all PCs would be new, so the field stands open.

Zilfer
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Zilfer »

Well looks like Ravenloft is pulling ahead thus far.... xD I guess we'll have to see how it goes! xD
There's always something to lose.

Fraternity of Shadows Discord
https://discord.gg/AM6Kp95ekf
kintire
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by kintire »

I was enjoying the Birthright game, but I'll play anything!
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

I really liked your BR character, Kintire. She came into play later in the game, so we didn't get as much opportunity for story development with her, and yet she accomplished quite a lot of impressive deeds and made some significant political connections.

kintire
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by kintire »

It was a fun campaign, and an interesting change of style as well
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

ewancummins wrote:
tarlyn wrote:
Juergin might be a borderline case.

Benn did extend a cautious sort of invitation to him to look the party up if he came to Pont-a-Museau.
On the other hand, maybe the PCs on the whole would be unwilling to accept him, knowing something about his murderous deeds.

I'd want a PC who could fit into the party, both for your sake and for the fun of the others.

If I ran a BR sequel, either of your two PCs might return.

Dominica was sent away with the official reason being the need to protect her from the vicissitudes of the war. The war has ended. No reason she can't return, although maybe she would not want to.

A certain dwarf is not welcome at court unless he apologizes to the duke, but might be welcome among other PCs.

In a Pendragon game, all PCs would be new, so the field stands open.

Don't know Pendragon. As for BR not interested and RL only if Juergin would be in it.
Metaflux
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Metaflux »

Crud...looked into the Birthright setting and I wish I could change my vote...