Mists of Winter OOC

Online roleplaying at the Café
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: Mists of Winter OOC

Post by ewancummins »

tarlyn wrote:Few questions in pm ewan. And one on Facebook concerning his xp.
Will check FB.

Others have been answered in PM.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

alhoon wrote:Good... how much is the comfortable life-style in Richemulot? Including a couple of sets of clothes for comfortable life-style people?
Yes, I know Richemulotease place more importance on the secrets you know than the clothes. Raen still wants a couple good sets.
You can use PHB prices as guidelines.
Houses and strongholds get a 10% reduction in cost, should you invest in that sort of thing. Good houses are few, but empty buildings and salvageable materials are very plentiful.

Suffice it to say, he's come up in the world.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

alhoon, I pmed you for something ...... :lucas:
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Would any of you guys/gals be open to pooling our gold to get a nicer place to live in/share?

Franz' post will deal with Mathilde and her father, as well as Raen (hee hee hee).
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

Well, aside of setting in a big house (not mansion) and spending a bit of money for redecoration and then money on looks... Raen plans to spend lots of money on spells and to create scrolls.
So, let's say he is willing to put 500-600 gp for a common big house.
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

alhoon wrote:Well, aside of setting in a big house (not mansion) and spending a bit of money for redecoration and then money on looks... Raen plans to spend lots of money on spells and to create scrolls.
So, let's say he is willing to put 500-600 gp for a common big house.
FRanz will assuredly join Raen in spending gold on spell components, scfrolls as well :mrgreen:
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

Clothing: Courtier's outfitx2: 60 gp
Cold weather outfit: 8gp
Chest (To store expensive staff), arcane locked by him + good lock: 82gp
Good lifestyle (DMG pg 130): 100 gp/month
Hireling (trained) for valet: 9gp/month
First deposit to repair house: 500 gp
Spells bought: 1000 gp
Scrolls: 150 gp + 12 XP (12 XP)
Magic amulet: 900 gp (72 XP)
Total: 2700 gp + 109 gp/month
Assuming 6 months:~3350 gp worth of expenses

What's the cost of buying spells? PHB doesn't set it. I have a long list of spells I want to buy.
Also to supplement his income Raen is willing to do spellcasting for a price, for non-nefarious reasons. Arcane locks = yes, locate object for family heirloom = yes, scry on a competitor = no. That kind of thing.

More or less Raen will stay in a good inn with his new servant and set eyes on an abandoned "grand house" (original price 5000gp) and start paying repairs for it. No more couch-surfing on Kat's house.
He has knowledge engineering so I believe he could chose a grand-house that's in moderately good condition and could do some supervising of the workers so that they work efficiently and don't cheat.

After resting for a couple of days, finding the servant and arranging for the repairs of the house, he'll start making scrolls and start trying to buy spells. Once he finishes with these... he'll start slowly looking how he could help. He likes being rich and all, but his main purpose is to help people. He'll assist the gendarmiers with investigations (detect thoughts, clairaudience, locate object, use of his knowledge skills, web on suspects, glitterdust to break up riots etc) for free. He won't shy from a fight, but he won't kill unless he or an innocent is directly threatened.

Anyone wants to split money for repairing a house?
Last edited by alhoon on Sat Nov 29, 2014 8:24 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
My DMGuild work!
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

alhoon wrote:Clothing: Courtier's outfitx2: 60 gp
Cold weather outfit: 8gp
Chest (To store expensive staff), arcane locked by him + good lock: 82gp
Good lifestyle (DMG pg 130): 100 gp/month
Hireling (trained) for valet: 9gp/month
First deposit to repair house: 500 gp
Magic item crafting: 750 gp + 60XP (I'll send you the list of scrolls once I buy spells)
Total: 1400 gp + 109 gp/month

What's the cost of buying spells? PHB doesn't set it. I have a long list of spells I want to buy.
Also to supplement his income Raen is willing to do spellcasting for a price, for non-nefarious reasons. Arcane locks = yes, locate object for family heirloom = yes, scry on a competitor = no. That kind of thing.

More or less Raen will stay in a good inn with his new servant and set eyes on an abandoned "grand house" (original price 5000gp) and start paying repairs for it. No more couch-surfing on Kat's house.
He has knowledge engineering so I believe he could chose a grand-house that's in moderately good condition and could do some supervising of the workers so that they work efficiently and don't cheat.

After resting for a couple of days, finding the servant and arranging for the repairs of the house, he'll start making scrolls and start trying to buy spells. Once he finishes with these... he'll start slowly looking how he could help. He likes being rich and all, but his main purpose is to help people. He'll assist the gendarmiers with investigations (detect thoughts, clairaudience, locate object, use of his knowledge skills, web on suspects, glitterdust to break up riots etc) for free. He won't shy from a fight, but he won't kill unless he or an innocent is directly threatened.

Anyone wants to split money for repairing a house?

Count Franz in. He will also be taking care of Mathilde.........
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

But... we didn't find her!

Welcome aboard Tarlyn! How much did Franz set down for the repairs of the house?
My DMGuild work!
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

alhoon wrote:But... we didn't find her!

Welcome aboard Franz! How much do you set down for the repairs of the house?

Wait for my post before you say we did not find her......... Had a chat with ewan last night concerning Franz and my upcoming post and his plans as well.

I will put down as much as Raen does. So if you pur 500, so will Franz. Good?
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

Yeap. That's the first installment to start the repairs. Say clean the house from debris and support the structure. Raen according to what he can pay after other expenses, will pay for further work till the house is repaired and furnished and we could move there.

We could also offer Matilde a job and, when the house is ready, a roof. Depending on how skilled she is she could be a maid, cook or something.
My DMGuild work!
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

alhoon wrote:Yeap. That's the first installment to start the repairs. Say clean the house from debris and support the structure. Raen according to what he can pay after other expenses, will pay for further work till the house is repaired and furnished and we could move there.

We could also offer Matilde a job and, when the house is ready, a roof. Depending on how skilled she is she could be a maid, cook or something.

Franz will share the costs half and half with Raen.

And cool for Mathilde.
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

PLAYER KNOWLEDGE (though Franz will probably have figured it out before next game)

Mathilde's father ran from the Pcs earlier because he had taken her back from the house where Franz had put her up and then sent her back on the streets to work her trade for his benefit.

Jenny was bluffing you guys. She never had the girl.

But she had been following the party and spying on you, so she knew what to say and how to set you up.
Invisibility and disguise powers make a nasty combo.

steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

I kind of figured as much about her father.

How much downtime do we have, btw? I might like to add something to my post if there is more than one day ......
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

I certainly need more than 1 day to heal, buy spells, make scrolls and find a house.

Ewan, so how much is the cost to buy spells? I.e. how much wizards around ask for letting you copy a spell from their spellbook?
My DMGuild work!