There's always something to lose.

Fraternity of Shadows Discord
https://discord.gg/AM6Kp95ekf
Zilfer
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: Seeking players for a Pathfinder-based Ravenloft game

Post by Zilfer »

Alright currently have a sheet that is made I think....

Rendon

No Back story yet but i'm thinking a currently a Locksmith who has a battered up leg from a hunt long ago. In short spurts he's able to get around, and he's not necessarily "crippled" but he usually takes it slow unless he 'needs' to move.

:)

Edit: Typed up a small background

VIEW CONTENT:
Rendon was born in a much different place than he found himself now. His earlier life was dedicated to survival in the forests of Verbrek, and he had learned to fight well enough to survive the harsh environment. He was taught from an early age on the lore of werewolves, and other possible Lycanthropes though he had his number of run ins he eventually ended up leaving after receiving a nasty claw wounds on his legs from such an encounter. It left him with chronic pain in his leg that only presented itself intermittently. Knowing such pain at the wrong moment in the forest could kill him he sought to get away from the forests of his home knowing it was no place for the weak.

Traveling through a thick blanket of fog he came to Paridon a much different “Jungle” so to speak. He’d spend the next ten years here, eventually learning how to become a locksmith since it made a marginal amount of money and was one of the few ways he’d be able to keep a thieves from stealing from his home. A problem he hadn’t had back in his homeland.

He has made few friends while in Paridon, but those who do know him know better than to ask about his leg. He walks around with a cane gifted to him by a fellow craftsmen in Paridon, and he uses it to get around, though he doesn’t require it. He finds it a comfort since walking around Paridon with a sword got him looks when he had first arrived. Now he has a fine blade within the Cane so that just in case he ever needs it he has that to fall back on. His main weapon however still remains to be his crossbow which he takes out to practice shooting when he gets the chance.

blackaeon
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by blackaeon »

Alright, so I have the sheets and at least partial backgrounds for Niamh, Rendon, and Miranda currently. I anticipate possibly one other person joining, so it looks like we'll be at about 5 players to start. I'll be contacting everyone individually with any other comments/questions and such that I have so we can get this pulled together.
Zilfer
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Zilfer »

Sounds good to me just let me know when your up and going and I'll hop right to it.

Metaflux
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Metaflux »

Going with a front line oracle of battle. I'll have him posted this evening.
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Just curious, where will he be posting? ..............
Metaflux
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Metaflux »

I'll have his PC sheet and stats posted in a link on here; much like what Zilfer did.

Edit: Wenson

Bio: Born between the mating of an elf and a human, Wenson never really knew his mother, since she was killed by a human raiding group a decade after he was brought into the world. Raised by his human father, Wenson slowly watched as Sir Wenson Brakblade III, his then known parent, aged faster and faster than he did since half of Wenson's own blood was fey. Brought up in the culture of knighthood, with honor, respect, and integrity bred into his nature, Wenson found out why his father joined the militia, and why he still served; a drive to better the humanity around him.

When the only family he had left was lost during a patrolling accident, Wenson put himself to the road in an attempt to process the trauma. Eventually, the Mists enveloped him, and the world he awoke to was different from the won he'd fallen asleep in. He also found he was capable of martial prowess almost surpassing his own father's. With this new revelation, he wandered the roads until he found the city of Paridon, wishing only to join their forces in an effort to put his sorrows behind him.
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Ah ok. Sorry, I am old school. Only the DM sees my pc sheet.
Metaflux
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Metaflux »

No worries. Like my first character related post on here, I'm a goody (somewhat...Zilfer can attest to this) two-shoes by nature, so I trust people when it comes to my characters' info. Besides, this character won't be healing much, but I figured we needed a healer anyways, so I made an NG oracle of battle. His health will be high, and ac is reasonable, so all I need to do now is get him rolling.
Zilfer
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Zilfer »

tarlyn wrote:Ah ok. Sorry, I am old school. Only the DM sees my pc sheet.
I'm not sure that's quite "Old School" since our DM played the original box set that came out and still has the original dice and played throughout his growing up and never mentioned or enforced such a rule. :D I think it's more depending on the group.

And yes, Meta usually plays good characters.

steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Zilfer wrote:
I'm not sure that's quite "Old School" since our DM played the original box set that came out and still has the original dice and played throughout his growing up and never mentioned or enforced such a rule. :D I think it's more depending on the group.

I've been at it since 1977 and I've always done it that way.

Some people like to share their sheets with everyone like in Nemesio's game which is their choice.
Zilfer
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Zilfer »

tarlyn wrote:
Zilfer wrote:

I've been at it since 1977 and I've always done it that way.

Some people like to share their sheets with everyone like in Nemesio's game which is their choice.
Yeah our DM is my friend's dad. More specifically Meta's dad and were' only in our twenties so you can imagine he's around your age and been playing since he was young as well. I was just saying I'm not sure it's an old school ideal to not share character sheets. I really think it depends on the group you play with. Meaning that certain players are ok sharing their sheets with the group, others aren't ok with it. For the most part in our groups we don't 'hide' anything but we don't necessary hand it around for everyone to look at either. :D

steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

I think it mostly depends, tabletop, who you are playing with.

Catch you later.
Zilfer
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Zilfer »

I agree completely. :D

So just a quick question for Meta, what bonus' does the battle oracle get? O.o'

steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Oh yeah, Miranda is a Monk from the Temple of Divinity of Mankind in Paridon who has studied languages at
the University in Martira Bay.