Seeking players for a Pathfinder-based Ravenloft game

Online roleplaying at the Café
A G Thing
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Location: Currently the Frozen Wastes of Mount Pleasant Michigan

Re: Seeking players for a Pathfinder-based Ravenloft game

Post by A G Thing »

Is the sixth spot still open for this game? I would enjoy another Ravenloft game to play if you'll have me!
"There is only one true answer to any and every question. The rest are just vagaries and obfuscations."
blackaeon
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by blackaeon »

Based off of everything that I've seen, yes, we still have slot #6 open. As far as sharing sheets goes, I'm neither for nor against it, so consider it player prerogative. Once we've been playing long enough, most people should have the gist of what the character is capable of anyhow.

Additionally, I plan on running the game right here, to answer a question that was asked quite a bit ago; I figure it'll be easier if I just make a game thread and an OOC thread once we get started. I was intending to send out PMs about the state of characters, but have spent the last 24 hours or so waiting for them to clean up the remnants of my mango tree that dropped on a power line in the back yard. Only bad thing about FL is the weather whipping the trees around, so I guess I should count myself lucky. PM's will be going out today.
A G Thing
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by A G Thing »

Then I will have my character to you asap... Sorry to hear about both your tree and your power! Hope everyone is safe and well!
"There is only one true answer to any and every question. The rest are just vagaries and obfuscations."
Metaflux
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Metaflux »

Zilfer wrote:So just a quick question for Meta, what bonus' does the battle oracle get? O.o'
When you look at a cleric, they have their two domains, with abilities corresponding to the domains that they've chosen. They have complete access to all of the spells their gods grant them, and their combat style switches from martial during the earlier stages to more caster type during the higher levels.

An oracle, on the other hand, gains spells like a sorcerer, wears and uses the same type of equipment as a cleric, but does not gain a favored weapon. Additionally, rather than gaining special abilities at a set group of levels (ex: domains grant abilities at levels 1, 4, 6, or 8, depending on the domain), oracles gain abilities, or revelations, through mysteries they choose. The revelations come from a list of abilities corresponding to the mystery that they chose, and since mine is battle, I chose this:
War Sight (Su): Whenever you roll for initiative, you can roll twice and take either result. At 7th level, you can always act in the surprise round, but if you fail to notice the ambush, you act last, regardless of your initiative result (you act in the normal order in following rounds). At 11th level, you can roll for initiative three times and take any one of the results.
Additionally, I gain a revelation at levels 3, 7, 11, 15, and 19. The downside is that as an oracle, I don't have access to every spell in the book like a cleric, and when I pick a mystery that applies to my character, he becomes more and more specialized in that field. I won't be as effective later in the 10+ levels since my abilities aren't focused around spells, they're focused around martial combat. One revelation grants me heavy armor proficiency and martial weapon proficiency for all martial weapons. Another allows me to sacrifice two spells to quicken a heal spell.

But yeah, those are my abilities. Oh! One, last thing, oracles have a curse that they must take. Taking influence from a friend of ours' belonging to Nemesio's game, oracles take a curse, and the one I've chosen is Haunted. Story-wise, Wenson is haunted by the ghosts of sword, shield, and bow.
Haunted:

Malevolent spirits follow you wherever you go, causing minor mishaps and strange occurrences (such as unexpected breezes, small objects moving on their own, and faint noises).

Retrieving any stored item from your gear requires a standard action, unless it would normally take longer. Any item you drop lands 10 feet away from you in a random direction. Add mage hand and ghost sound to your list of spells known.
Adversely, even curses have benefits; this one granting additional spells known as I level. Others make you deaf, blind, rotting, disfigured, and all sorts of awesome stuff...although, that last one isn't preferable in a Ravenloft campaign...people might look at you weird.
blackaeon
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by blackaeon »

So, really quick update, I'm ready to get rocking with the storyline; after doing some thinking on the matter, there really wasn't much more information that I needed background-wise from anybody (and I spent most of the weekend putting in a new mailbox and fixing my garage door, so I wasn't online much). I'm going to make up an OOC thread and a game thread here shortly. For the time being, it looks like we're going to have five characters. I'm willing to incorporate a sixth down the line, because I think this game is going to kick some serious ass and people're really going to enjoy it, but here's the starting cast:

Miranda Cornelius, Monk of the Divinity of Man and talented linguist
Pavel Lawrence, former member of the Paridon city guard and a crack shot
Niamh Enders, mysterious and sultry, with a silver tongue and the power of the cosmos within her
Rendon, woodsman cum locksmith who has adapted to the new wilderness of the city
Wenson Brakblade, the heart of a warrior and the strength and cunning to match

I think that this campaign is going to end up an interesting one due to the relative size of the domain and the fact that it's more of a set location. Of course, if the group decides to head off on a Mistway, well, that's fine too, I have stuff worked out for that, so I guess just consider this a smaller sandbox set within a larger one :azalin: I look forward to getting a chance to work on a really cool, interactive story with everyone. First in-game post should be up tonight in a separate thread.
blackaeon
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by blackaeon »

And as a side note, I STRONGLY urge everyone to download the wonderful Zherisian Gazetteer from the FoS main site, especially if you're not that familiar with the Zherisia cluster. I won't be using the QTR 2 Shining Bay cluster even though I think it's great. I just prefer the Paridon/Timor dichotomy and besides, there's a Mistway to Nosos in Paridon, so it's not like you won't get to see it if you really want to.
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

blackaeon wrote:And as a side note, I STRONGLY urge everyone to download the wonderful Zherisian Gazetteer from the FoS main site, especially if you're not that familiar with the Zherisia cluster. I won't be using the QTR 2 Shining Bay cluster even though I think it's great. I just prefer the Paridon/Timor dichotomy and besides, there's a Mistway to Nosos in Paridon, so it's not like you won't get to see it if you really want to.
I did and I think I have it printed out if I am not mistaken. Been while since I looked at my books.
blackaeon
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by blackaeon »

Actually, first post'll be up tomorrow. I've always kind of had a thing in pbps where the first post really sets the tone, at least in my experience, and I'm a bit too tired to give it my best, so I'm gonna grab a few winks and finish up what I have when I wake up (it's gonna be a decent-sized first post).
Zilfer
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Zilfer »

blackaeon wrote:Actually, first post'll be up tomorrow. I've always kind of had a thing in pbps where the first post really sets the tone, at least in my experience, and I'm a bit too tired to give it my best, so I'm gonna grab a few winks and finish up what I have when I wake up (it's gonna be a decent-sized first post).
Sounds good to me. :azalin:
There's always something to lose.

Fraternity of Shadows Discord
https://discord.gg/AM6Kp95ekf
A G Thing
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by A G Thing »

Looking forward to it! :)