Mists of Winter: Chapter Three

Online roleplaying at the Café
Brock Marsh Runoff
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: Mists of Winter: Chapter Three

Post by Brock Marsh Runoff »

"We have no idea of knowing where Jenny is, especially not with the ice covering so much of the water. I am thinking we should help Franz's friend first. Besides, I've a feeling that finding one may lead us to the other..."
"You said I killed you--haunt me, then!...Be with me always--take any form--drive me mad! only do not leave me in this abyss, where I cannot find you!” -Wuthering Heights
kintire
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by kintire »

Kat nods

"I think we have no choice. As long as everyone is aware that this is a trap, almost certainly by Jenny, and is prepared for that. Just saying..."
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

"It might haff sometink to do with her father who I suspect might be doing unnatural tinks to her. Shall ve go?"
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Vlad slurps down the dregs of his beer.

''Yes, let's be going."

The party moves out in search of Mathilde...
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
Adam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Adam »

Bennedict stands, his torso clinking suspiciously beneath his large overcoat. He shrugs. "Like you said, time to be prepared." He flashes the coat open, showing his breastplate and crossbow.

He follows the others out to the hunt.
"Of course," Benn mutters, "It would be a damned shame if we ever knew what the hell was actually going on."
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Sara has just finished her beer when the barmaid gets the parcel to Franz. Listening to her companions she just nods and says:

"I agree with Kat, this can be a trap but for sure we can't look away we should help her. Better start from her house, maybe we can find something there and of course try to find her father."

Then exits the tavern following the others.
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Franz leads the way, gesturing Dorgio to join him.
Brock Marsh Runoff
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Brock Marsh Runoff »

"Unnatural?" Dorgio's expression takes on a flint edge. "Yes, let's be going."
"You said I killed you--haunt me, then!...Be with me always--take any form--drive me mad! only do not leave me in this abyss, where I cannot find you!” -Wuthering Heights
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

SEARCHING FOR MATHILDE

The party looks for Mathilde, first checking her father's home.
The man bolts down a back staircase the moment he spots Dorgio and Franz approaching his apartment in the tenement house.
Despite their best efforts at pursuit, the investigators lose Mathilde's father in a maze of derelict buildings, iced-over drainage ditches, and dark alleyways.
Franz may notice that
VIEW CONTENT:
the man moves very quickly for someone who supposedly suffers from a back injury.
A search of the shabby rooms where Mathilde had been living with her father turns up unwashed clothing, stale bread, and a half-empty jug of grog. Munchen sniffs out a set of torn off-white petticoats amid the heap of laundry piled on the floor. These appear top be the right size of a girl Mathilde's age.
A little blood spots the inside of the cloth.

The neighbors--if they are home-- don't answer their doors, no matter how loudly any of the investigators might knock.

Hustling across town and asking at the boarding house Franz put Mathilde up in provides a little more more information. The landlady tells Franz,
"She left this morning, early. Said she had to go to work. She's someone's apprentice girl, is that it?"

The day passes as the party investigates...

She's still missing by evening.

Now, as the sun sets, the party has made a complete circle and arrived back at the pub where Franz was given the note.

A waitress, older and heavier than the pretty one who brought Franz the note, ambles over to the party.
She looks Franz up and down, staring a moment at his branded forehead.

"I was told to give this to the big Falkovnian with the blades. That must be you."
She thrusts a piece of off-white cloth at Franz.

Inside, he finds a message
VIEW CONTENT:
LUMBER BARGE WEST DOCKS TONIGHT
VIEW CONTENT:
The handwriting looks identical to the earlier note. So does the greasy ink or paint.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

Raen, cold and disappointed moves near to Franz. "What is it Franz? Any clue about Mathilde or her father?"
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

FRanz looks at Raen with a smirk. "Ja. It looks like a trap is being set for us tonight."

He shows everyone the pieces he got.
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

Raen sighs. "Do we at least have time to get dry and warm first, before we go again out in the cold and snow?"
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
My DMGuild work!
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Vlad opens his coat near the fireplace.
"Best be getting some heat from here, Raen."

The Barovian hunter points towards the window where failing daylight glints through the frost on the pane.
"We have to go over the river. Are you wanting to do that very soon, or later-- in the dark of the night?"

alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

"The dark of the night annoys me less than the cold. I'd prefer to do it later, under magical lights but unfortunately... it'd be even colder then."
My DMGuild work!
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Vlad turns towards Raen, fastening the toggles on his coat.
"You call up witch-lights?'
He frowns.
"I am thinking now of the eyes she controls."