Birthright 2: Promises to Keep OOC

Online roleplaying at the Café
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: Birthright 2: Promises to Keep OOC

Post by ewancummins »

VAN wrote:Sounds cool :)

Any chance to get a magical leather armor for Filbert, one made by halflings or gnomes? I will post that in my epilogue, he is trying to get one and will go to ask Dominica as well since she owns such a business.
Filbert's inquiries about buying special light armor will lead him to a certain newly-set up trading operation, Barilla and Associates.

You guys (Van and Tarlyn), feel free to exchange PMs.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

ewancummins wrote:
VAN wrote:Sounds cool :)

Any chance to get a magical leather armor for Filbert, one made by halflings or gnomes? I will post that in my epilogue, he is trying to get one and will go to ask Dominica as well since she owns such a business.
Filbert's inquiries about buying special light armor will lead him to a certain newly-set up trading operation, Barilla and Associates.

You guys (Van and Tarlyn), feel free to exchange PMs.
Duly noted oh EVULZ one.
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

ewan. .. P.S

Domenica will bring Filbert with her to Atli's, along with GIMP. I will just edit so they meet Filbert there in front.
Last edited by steveflam on Thu Apr 23, 2015 6:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Meet Foerde?
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

ewancummins wrote:Meet Foerde?

OOPS!

I meant Filbert LOL!
RocEter
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by RocEter »

I posted my epilogue.
History prefers legends to men. It prefers nobility to brutality, soaring speeches to quiet deeds. History remembers the battle and forgets the blood. What ever history remembers of me if it remembers me at all, it shall only be the fraction of the truth.
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

RocEter wrote:I posted my epilogue.

I like it.

Nice way to leave things tense, uncertain.

VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Tarlyn, just read OOC which replies to my PM question where they met. Feel free to post if you want and I will post after that :D
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

VAN wrote:Tarlyn, just read OOC which replies to my PM question where they met. Feel free to post if you want and I will post after that :D

Ok VAN. I also asked something else of which I also asked alhoon in pm. Feel free to reply.

I will post in the thread Filbert meeting Domenica and GIMP and her bringing him to see Atli for the armor Filbert
wants.
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Ok I posted.

VAN, feel free to add to mine. Any questions you can ask in pm. That is basically how Filbert will get his armor.
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

Where will this happen? Where is the shop?
Could a guy lost happen to stumble in that place to ask for info or he will be kicked out unless he pays?
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

RE; Atli's place of business:

It has guards, low key but alert and armed. Nobody just wanders in off the street, and the staff check swords and such at the door.

But Atli might already know your character, ALhoon.

Some options;

1:
Atli has hired your character as a guard and general lackey, not in a trusted or permanent position, but just to shoo away riff-raff and to sometimes move low value items. If he proves himself, the dwarf might promote him to more important tasks, but not yet. Atli doesn't let just anybody get close to his gold.
Given your guy's CHA and bardic influence ability, the dwarf probably likes him-- but like doesn't matter to Atli when it comes to the yellow metal.

2:
Maybe your PC recently pawned some stuff to Atli and has since redeemed it.
In the process of that transaction, the dwarf banker may well have questioned him a bit about his origins (since he appears to be, like Atli, from foreign parts). If the dwarf gets the impression your PC is an adventurer who can handle a sword, speak well, and knows the ways of the road, he may suggest that your PC look for work in one of several places. One of those places would be a new trading outfit that ATli's associate, Domenica, has recently set up.

----------------------------

NOTE TO ALL:

Our baby arrived a week early. I'll obviously be pretty busy for a while.

But please do write up the epilogues, and ask questions here or by PM as you need to do.

We can restart/pick up the game at a later date.

Thanks,

Ewan

VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Congrats Ewan!!!

I will be out for few days but will post my epilogue when we sort out how alhoon's PC will meet with Filbert so I can include him at the post.
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

ewancummins wrote:RE; Atli's place of business:

It has guards, low key but alert and armed. Nobody just wanders in off the street, and the staff check swords and such at the door.

But Atli might already know your character, ALhoon.

Some options;

1:
Atli has hired your character as a guard and general lackey, not in a trusted or permanent position, but just to shoo away riff-raff and to sometimes move low value items. If he proves himself, the dwarf might promote him to more important tasks, but not yet. Atli doesn't let just anybody get close to his gold.
Given your guy's CHA and bardic influence ability, the dwarf probably likes him-- but like doesn't matter to Atli when it comes to the yellow metal.

2:
Maybe your PC recently pawned some stuff to Atli and has since redeemed it.
In the process of that transaction, the dwarf banker may well have questioned him a bit about his origins (since he appears to be, like Atli, from foreign parts). If the dwarf gets the impression your PC is an adventurer who can handle a sword, speak well, and knows the ways of the road, he may suggest that your PC look for work in one of several places. One of those places would be a new trading outfit that ATli's associate, Domenica, has recently set up.

----------------------------

NOTE TO ALL:

Our baby arrived a week early. I'll obviously be pretty busy for a while.

But please do write up the epilogues, and ask questions here or by PM as you need to do.

We can restart/pick up the game at a later date.

Thanks,

Ewan
Congrats Daddy-O !!!!! :)
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

DOMAIN TURN, SPRING 2015

Character Action: Lieutenant (add baby minion)