Fields of Silence OOC

Online roleplaying at the Café
Zilfer
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Fields of Silence OOC

Post by Zilfer »

The usual OOC topic for OOC discussion/rolls/ect.

:D

You can also let me know if your interested. (You can find more details in the Recruiting Stickied Topic. :))

Also should one need a Point buy Calculator for Pathfinder here it is.

Calculator
There's always something to lose.

Fraternity of Shadows Discord
https://discord.gg/AM6Kp95ekf
Metaflux
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: Fields of Silence OOC

Post by Metaflux »

What's the point buy number?
Zilfer
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Zilfer »

Metaflux wrote:What's the point buy number?

Vorcoth
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Vorcoth »

How do you want to handle dice rolls?
SkiBird
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Post by SkiBird »

<Reposting interest in this thread>

I could see playing a caster (I'm playing a fighter and a rogue elsewhere, and it would be a welcome change).

Perhaps a Witch of Hala (Human Cleric 2)? In less dramatic times, a provider of support and succor to the downtrodden of Pont-a-Museau. This character would have made inquiries about some of the missing …

Or maybe a scholarly mage's apprentice (Human Wizard 2)? Having concluded a period of study at the House of the Sages, this character would simply be returning home, to Pont-a-Museau, before being drawn into the adventure …

Don't really have either idea fleshed out yet. The first one jumps out to me a bit more than the second. A motivation beyond adventure for adventure's sake, I guess.

Has anyone else got an idea of what they'd like to pitch for this game? For party creation, I'm very much from the round-out-the-group camp.
Vorcoth
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Vorcoth »

I'll be pitching a rogue/fighter (aiming for the duelist PrC)
Metaflux
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Metaflux »

I'll be playing a Human Warpriest based around liberation and luck (in his case, fate). He was raised as an orphan by soldiers of the local militia. As far as his role in the party goes, he wields a tower shield and flail, and prefers defending people over killing them. He's also a decent survivalist.
SkiBird
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Post by SkiBird »

Sweet, sweet. :D

I'll go with the arcane caster then. Let's say this guy is a resident scholar at the House of the Sages, returning home after a period of study.

Perhaps he wasn't always scholarly, or well-to-do. He could have a 'local boy done good' flavor to his backstory. Originally, he'd have been just another child of the streets in Pont-a-Museau (orphan maybe?). Someone (don't know who yet) recognized this PCs innate talent and apprenticed him out young enough that he was able to join the ranks of the scholarly and leave that life behind him.

Of course, he'd look in on the old neighborhood from time to time, and would get drawn into this when some of his own went missing ...
Zilfer
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Zilfer »

Sorry about the lack of response thus far. My real life game is on Saturdays so weekends are usually tied up for me when it comes to posting. :)

Glad I already have what appears to be 3 members, and it sounds like we'll have an, arcane, divine and warrior of sorts. That sounds good. There's a few ways you can do dice rolls. Invisible Castle i've used in the past and then just posted the link to the roll. The site itself does have a dice roll code but it does not add moddifiers so when i'm posting here most often i do....

[dice]0[/dice]+3

Code: Select all

[dice]1[/dice]+3

Doing it this way I believe causes an error?

[dice]2[/dice]

Code: Select all

[dice]3[/dice]

Zilfer
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Zilfer »

Anyways you'll see better once you experiment a little. But yeah you can do either or. That first roll for example however you manually have to add the roll of 5 +3 from down below to get the total. After it rolls you can go back and edit the post to manually add them for the total or you can leave it up to me to add doesn't matter.

As for reasons you guys are there it sounds good thus far what you guys have come up with. I look forward to seeing the more detailed write ups that you guys come up with.

Also you guys can choose if you know each other or not or if you guys meet in that opening scene i posted up. :D

SkiBird
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Post by SkiBird »

I have most of the mechanics down already. For equipment purchase and such, are you open to adding spells to a starting spellbook (and if so, how much gp per spell level to transcribe?).

I'm open to an intertwined background, but just as happily will stumble onto the scene.
Zilfer
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Zilfer »

SkiBird wrote:I have most of the mechanics down already. For equipment purchase and such, are you open to adding spells to a starting spellbook (and if so, how much gp per spell level to transcribe?).

I'm open to an intertwined background, but just as happily will stumble onto the scene.
Well the cost of the scroll, and i'll say that thankfully you studied and were provided Ink in the house of Sages so you can ignore the cost of writing into your book for character creation. :)

Zilfer
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Zilfer »

I just await your PM's (To a character sheet) and your replies to the scene laid before you. :P of course I realize a few things still need to be hashed out. I'll let you know if I see anything wrong, not sure if you'll keep your character sheets secret from one another or not. I'm cool either way. xD

Anyone else have any pressing questions?

SkiBird
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Post by SkiBird »

I'll finish the sheet and get something up. :D
Zilfer
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Zilfer »

Quick question for the current players. Do you guys want another character to try and round out the Party? I can make up a PC really quickly to throw in as well, but on the same note, I don't want you guys feeling like its a GMPC to railroad you guys in a specific direction or anything, and I'm more than capable of killing off my own PC. XD

If so I'll go ahead if not that's cool. I try and tailor the encounters to the group and not throw too many things they can't handle but it is ravenloft so who knows what i might throw to keep you on your toes!