Ravenloft the Reckoning

Discussing all things Ravenloft
Jimsolo
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Ravenloft the Reckoning

Post by Jimsolo »

So this weekend I finally gave in and ran a Deadlands game based on Ravenloft. A gothic southern mansion stood in for the castle, with retired Colonel Stewart Kingson taking the place of the good count.

All in all very entertaining. In the conversion, I think I made Strahd a teeny bit too weak, which I may tweak if I ever run it again.
jamesfirecat
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: Ravenloft the Reckoning

Post by jamesfirecat »

Jimsolo wrote:So this weekend I finally gave in and ran a Deadlands game based on Ravenloft. A gothic southern mansion stood in for the castle, with retired Colonel Stewart Kingson taking the place of the good count.

All in all very entertaining. In the conversion, I think I made Strahd a teeny bit too weak, which I may tweak if I ever run it again.
Did he look like he normally does or did he have white hair and a mustache? Did he at least wear a white suit?

Colonel Stewart's Kentucky Fried PC!
Dark Angel
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Dark Angel »

Jimsolo wrote:In the conversion, I think I made Strahd a teeny bit too weak, which I may tweak if I ever run it again.
He was tired, the Antebellum era is exhausting.
"One does not stop playing when they get old, they grow old when they stop playing" George Bernard Shaw
"If you could be either God’s worst enemy or nothing, which would you choose?" Chuck Palahniuk
Jimsolo
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Jimsolo »

Dark Angel wrote:
Jimsolo wrote:In the conversion, I think I made Strahd a teeny bit too weak, which I may tweak if I ever run it again.
He was tired, the Antebellum era is exhausting.
Deadlands is ridiculously lethal, and I didn't want to make him impossible to defeat. If I ever run it again I'll know to step it up.
MichaelTumey
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by MichaelTumey »

Who were the Vistani and Madam Eva in your antebellum conversion?

I could see a female slave hoodoo witch or oracle serving the role of Madam Eva - maybe devise a system of reading thrown bones, as an alternative to Tarroka (though the Tarroka deck fits too.)
Jimsolo
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Jimsolo »

Madame Eva was an old Carribbean slave, and the Vistani were slaves of the Colonel, but under the protection of Baron LaCroix. (To give them a bit of supernatural backing.)