Whispers of the Dark Mother Chapter 1

Online roleplaying at the Café
JMaytr
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: Whispers of the Dark Mother Chapter 1

Post by JMaytr »

Inside the Laughing Dragon

The barkeep smiles plopping down new wooden tankards and filling them with a dark brown ale.

"You've got good timing stranger," the barkeep, an aging man with grey at his temples and a soft belly from his ale says. "That woman there knocked over those boys' drinks with that sword of hers. Never seen a blade that big in any hand except an ogre's."

He spits a gob of tobacco into a nearby bronze tin. Seeing Amara walking over, he wipes his chin.

"Welcome to Brighton. What brings the both of ya to town?"
"Seven Seals...Seven Rings...Seven Brides for the Scarlet King..."
JMaytr
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by JMaytr »

Arriving at the temple, Junis sees a few clerics wandering the graveyard behind the structure. They appear to be clearing weeds and performing other groundskeeping duties.
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

TEMPLE
JMaytr wrote:Arriving at the temple, Junis sees a few clerics wandering the graveyard behind the structure. They appear to be clearing weeds and performing other groundskeeping duties.

Junia approaches the clerics and inquires as to where she can leave an offering to petition the goddess for swift healing.
Last edited by ewancummins on Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
Adam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Adam »

OGRE ALLEY

Looking between the young lad and the cleric, Herman raises an eyebrow questioningly. "Seems you're right. That lad's Da' is about to get strung up."

He taps a member of the crowd on the shoulder. "Why do you think that man did it? He looks addled. That fellow in the cart was killed by a pro, not some rube off the street. I'll get paid for hauling two to the temple as well as for hauling one, but it's a mighty long way and not that big of a cart."
"Of course," Benn mutters, "It would be a damned shame if we ever knew what the hell was actually going on."
kintire
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by kintire »

Lyrana frowns.

"That man is too drunk to stand up never mind kill anyone. This was done by a trained warrior with a large weapon, you can't just cut someone's head off with a pocket knife. You just sit him down somewhere he can sober up and wait for the guards!"
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

JMaytr wrote:Inside the Laughing Dragon

The barkeep smiles plopping down new wooden tankards and filling them with a dark brown ale.

"You've got good timing stranger," the barkeep, an aging man with grey at his temples and a soft belly from his ale says. "That woman there knocked over those boys' drinks with that sword of hers. Never seen a blade that big in any hand except an ogre's."

He spits a gob of tobacco into a nearby bronze tin. Seeing Amara walking over, he wipes his chin.

"Welcome to Brighton. What brings the both of ya to town?"
"My grandfather wishes me to go out in the world to adventure and learn of other cultures. Thus here I am, " comes her reply.
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Terrik still under a bit of shock from the haul and the masacre of the merchants gets closer to the barracks and knocks many times on the gate yelling at the same time:

"Hello! Please let me in, I need to speak with whoever is in charge. It's extremely important! There is a giant nearby, you might be in danger!"
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Inside the Laughing Dragon

Clearly interested, but somewhat intimidated by being inside the establishment, Amara looks around, taking in the scene before her.

As her eyes pass the table where she overturned the men's drinks, she reaches back and unstraps her Great Sword, leaning it against the bar next to her.

Grabbing the tankard of ale in her hand, she brings it to her nose to sniff the contents. Not too terrible, though not comparable to elvish spirits, she
muses. Taking a sip, she swirls the ale in her mouth to savor it. Satisfied, she swallows and takes a large swig of it, downing it all in one gulp. She belches
rather loudly even as she wipes her mouth with the back of her hand. Peering at the barkeep, who handed out such fare for coin she asks him "Another, please?"

After handing over a few coins, she settles back and waits, still taking in the crowd, ambiance and overall experience of her first Inn.
JMaytr
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by JMaytr »

Terrick

The door to the Barracks swings inward and a stern looking man with dark, nearly ebony-skin peers out, a snarl across his face. He wears the blue and grey colors of Brynndell on his tunic, which is thrown over rugged, scarred leather. His bronze bracers are dented from strikes.

"Who goes there? Giant? What's that you say?"
JMaytr
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by JMaytr »

Amara

The barkeep smiles and pours Amara another drink.

"It's odd to see a woman drinking in here alone," he says putting the dark ale in front of her. "If you're out to learn of other cultures I'm guessing you're not from around here...Do I see traces of Gallfaen? My Great grandpappy was Gallfaen. Here, this one's on the house. Zuchar's Black, finest ale in all of Brynndell and brewed right 'ere, well...in town. Zuchar runs the Ogre's Belly, but its not the type of place for any gal-even with a sword like that.
"Now if it's adventure you seek, there is always the Beast of Bright Mountain...but if its more substantial employment you really need, I hear Lady Canterville has been looking for workers for her strange garden."
JMaytr
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by JMaytr »

In Ogres Alley

Lyrana's words fall over the crowd. Some digest them quickly, while others visually seem to struggle with them. Herman's additional comments appear to convince the more sober men in the crowd.
VIEW CONTENT:
Lyrana can make a diplomacy check to convince the mob. Herman can also make a diplomacy check, or Aid Lyrana's roll.
JMaytr
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by JMaytr »

At the Temple

Junia is directed past a funeral service into the grand temple. The main worshiping hall is devoid of followers, except for 3 clerics in white robes polishing the wooden pews. The shine, their rich browns, and reds nearly gleaming in the light. Tall stained glass windows spill in grey and blue light. Images of the Grey Maiden flanked by two of her psychopomps; crystal owls, stare in judgement down at the chamber.
One of the clerics, waving a censer of burning sage, approaches the scarred woman.
"Welcome to the Temple of Eternal Rest. What is it you seek wayward soul?"
JMaytr
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by JMaytr »

Tiberius

The strange pointy eared woman appears to ignore him an walks to the bar. He overhears the barkeep mention the words 'beast' and 'work'
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

JMaytr wrote:At the Temple

Junia is directed past a funeral service into the grand temple. The main worshiping hall is devoid of followers, except for 3 clerics in white robes polishing the wooden pews. The shine, their rich browns, and reds nearly gleaming in the light. Tall stained glass windows spill in grey and blue light. Images of the Grey Maiden flanked by two of her psychopomps; crystal owls, stare in judgement down at the chamber.
One of the clerics, waving a censer of burning sage, approaches the scarred woman.
"Welcome to the Temple of Eternal Rest. What is it you seek wayward soul?"

Junia looks about for an altar niche or collection box.

"I need healing. 'Pede bites. But I'm not a beggar. I came with an offering for the goddess." She executes a crude curtsey towards the nearest image of the GreyMaiden.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
RocEter
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by RocEter »

Laughing Dragon Inn

JMaytr wrote:Tiberius

The strange pointy eared woman appears to ignore him an walks to the bar. He overhears the barkeep mention the words 'beast' and 'work'

Tiberius regains interest in the conversation, "Beasts? Work?" He says. "What manner of beast?"
History prefers legends to men. It prefers nobility to brutality, soaring speeches to quiet deeds. History remembers the battle and forgets the blood. What ever history remembers of me if it remembers me at all, it shall only be the fraction of the truth.