Birthright 3: The Worm's Supper

Online roleplaying at the Café
kintire
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Re: Birthright 3: The Worm's Supper

Post by kintire »

"If such a thing is legal in this land, I could use the backing of some illusions for the climatic battle in the end of the story."
And after a small pause he adds. "And tomorrow after the contest, perhaps you would like to join me to a visit in Lolton, the twin city of Haes to see how people fare there"
Safana enjoys the attention bestowing pleasant smiles on those who seem friendly and such conversation as does not interrupt the bard. She drinks cautiously, though, despite being free with the drink when buying for others, seeming to desire a clear head. At the bard's request she gives a cheerful smile and leans close.

"I'll do my best, but make sure its been made clear which side wins..."

When the time comes, the climactic battle is played out in grand panorama. No balance is attempted: the good guys are noble and valiant and the bad guys are leering moustachioed villains with much goatee-stroking!

At his invitation she looks thoughtful.

"A trip aross the river eh? well, why not? My last visit was a bit hasty, i didn't get to see the sights...."
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

Termelan, Safana

Termelan seems to easily adapt the climatic battle descriptions on Safana's panoramic illusions there are no directing the action, he just essentially zooms in part of the action in his description as the malevolent goateed evil guys and their army of monsters (which are as Safana makes them) are defeated by the dozen by the handful valiant heroes in their shiny armor.
Concluding the show, Termelan, hungrily drinks his mead to wet his throat.

At Safana's reply he rises an eyebrow "You have been across the river my lady? You are full of surprises!". Again he whispers to her "I thought that sight-seeing would have been a tad difficult with the war and I bet there's a story worth telling there but perhaps another time. Now it's time to bask in applaud of the crowd."

Then he returns his attention to the crowd they given such a show for. "Madam Safana and Termelan" he tells the crowd. "Remember the names for the contest tomorrow by the bridge!" He cheers happily and orders a round for all 5 of them in honor of the duke, a man he never met but that has brought him so many wonderful occasions to celerate his wedding.
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

VAN wrote:The thieves

Filbert looks at the closed door with the iron lock then whispers:

"The wine should be kept in here. I will try the lock first but I'm afraid will be a tough one."
Crowley nods, holding up the light source for Filbert's benefit. He keeps an eye on the top of the stairs and an open ear as well.
RocEter
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by RocEter »

Adam wrote:SEARCHERS

"Ye knew Foerde?" Cormac asks the bard, "Or had ye jus' heard o' the huntsman, his alter ego? He was...is a good friend o' mine. We've been through many troubles together."

As the night progresses, Cormac will regale the bard with the story of how he and Foerde met and fought the Battle of the Bell.

At the end of the night, he will decline to stay with the officers and sleep in the barn with his men.

The Bard has been silently listening in on the conversation between Cormac, Renn and the Knight-Captain; when she is introduced to them, she bows slightly. "So Foerde and the Huntsman are one and they same?" She says.

She listens intently to Cormac's story, seemingly fascinated by the events. "The Knight-Captain has told me Foerde has strange looks, what does he look like? Also, do you know why the Manslayer has gone through such trouble to capture him?"
History prefers legends to men. It prefers nobility to brutality, soaring speeches to quiet deeds. History remembers the battle and forgets the blood. What ever history remembers of me if it remembers me at all, it shall only be the fraction of the truth.
Adam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Adam »

"To yer second question, I don't know," Cormac answers, "Foerde always kept things fairly close to the vest. I never even knew he had dealings with them."

He strokes his beard. "As to the first, let me ask ye this. If I told ye he looked like a demon, or scales like a lizard, or cloven hooves fer feet, would it change yer interest in him? The man worked hard to keep himself private. I'd nae like to betray his trust by passing revealing what he would choose to keep hidden."
"Of course," Benn mutters, "It would be a damned shame if we ever knew what the hell was actually going on."
RocEter
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by RocEter »

Adam wrote:"To yer second question, I don't know," Cormac answers, "Foerde always kept things fairly close to the vest. I never even knew he had dealings with them."

He strokes his beard. "As to the first, let me ask ye this. If I told ye he looked like a demon, or scales like a lizard, or cloven hooves fer feet, would it change yer interest in him? The man worked hard to keep himself private. I'd nae like to betray his trust by passing revealing what he would choose to keep hidden."
The Bard chuckles. "No. My interests are rather simple. I am a bard, he is a hero. You see where I am going with this? I am merely interested, I have yet to get a single answer from any one about his looks." She says to Cormac.

"I see." She says

She starts lightly tapping her temple with her bow. "Ah!" She says, lowering her bow in a dramatic fashion. "What of your prisoners? One of them should at least know something besides where Foerde was taking to! Did you ask them?"
History prefers legends to men. It prefers nobility to brutality, soaring speeches to quiet deeds. History remembers the battle and forgets the blood. What ever history remembers of me if it remembers me at all, it shall only be the fraction of the truth.
Brock Marsh Runoff
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Brock Marsh Runoff »

SEARCHERS

Renn elects to stay the night in the officer's quarters, but plans on making a go at sneaking Sevett and Gatt some wine from the commissary.

He has little to say when the Bard asks if Foerde and the Huntsman are one in the same. He hadn't considered that possibility, but it does make sense.

"Whatever Foerde is, or was," he says to the bard and Cormac, "I'd wager he can take care of himself. If he's still even alive. That girl, she's the one needs rescuing. I'd think we'd want to make her rescue a priority."
"You said I killed you--haunt me, then!...Be with me always--take any form--drive me mad! only do not leave me in this abyss, where I cannot find you!” -Wuthering Heights
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

THE THIEVES

Filbert works at the lock by lantern light, with his small tools.
Metal scrapes on metal.
The lock does not open, but catches and holds Filbert's pick.

Crowley sees two bright flashes in the shadows at the tops of the stairs, like glass marbles hovering close together off the ground. A dark, furry shape forms behind the twin gleamings...
VIEW CONTENT:
a black housecat. The feline walks back and forth at the top of the stairs, looking down now and then at the man and the halfling.

Filbert tugs loose his stuck pick and switches to a thinner gauge of wire. Three twists with that, and a sharp rap with his fingers, and the lock clicks.
The door edges open half an inch.
A chill draft blows out from the cracked doorway, giving Filbert goose pimples and an involuntary shiver.
The cold air carries mixed smells of food and alcohol.
Last edited by ewancummins on Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

SAFANA AND TEMERLAN
THE WHITE HART

Over the loud applause, the performers hear several guests crying for ''More, more!"'

A woman in an apron with keys dangling at the hip stops by their table and sets down a pair of full mugs
VIEW CONTENT:
(they haven't ordered again).
"I thought I'd come by myself and thank you for honoring my alehouse with your presence. It's not every day we get a show like that!"
She smiles.
"I'm Isolde."
Last edited by ewancummins on Thu Nov 12, 2015 3:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

THE SEARCHERS, CONVERSATION AT THE TOWER OF THE HUNT

The Knight-Captain has excused himself and gone to inspect his men for the evening watch, but he has left a young soldier with the party to attend to their needs.

alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

SAFANA AND TEMERLAN
THE SIREN'S SONG
"I thought I'd come by myself and thank you for honoring my alehouse with your presence. It's not every day we get a show like that!"
She smiles.
"I'm Isolde."
Termelan has his friendly tone with Isolde but he's carefully not flirtarious. "Thank you very much, the honor is ours. I am Termelan a, hopefully, skilled bard from far, far away. These are the lovely Safana that brought her exotic art and beauty from the wondrous lands of the Kinashi, the cousins Colier and Daene, exceptional lads both from the honest, helpful folk this land produces and Ben that his slight misfortune is the reason we are all here together!"

After a while Termelan speaks to Safana, not a whisper this time. "Madam, as you know I am going to perform tomorrow in the bridge for a contest. An important contest that would determine if I will be in the select few to perform at his Grace's the duke wedding. I was told that if I knew anyone talented, I could ask her to participate. Would you be interested in lending me your illusions tomorrow at the contest? Or if that is not exactly legit or fair to my competitors, if you would agree to accompany my song with a dance?
To repay you for your kindness if you agree, I would pay for food, drink and mementos in our little trip afterwards.
Colier and Daene have heard the song and I think they can testify it is a nice song, but the presence of a skilled, beautiful dancer would certainly help, right lads?"
Termelan turns to Colier and Daene with a look, trying to enlist their help to convince Safana to help him tomorrow in the contest.
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

The thieves

Filbert cannot help his smile, turning to Crowley he winks and whispers:

"I made it my friend! Still have the touch! It was indeed a good lock. Lets go inside, get what we came for and leave."

He enters the room and looks around.
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

VAN wrote:The thieves

Filbert cannot help his smile, turning to Crowley he winks and whispers:

"I made it my friend! Still have the touch! It was indeed a good lock. Lets go inside, get what we came for and leave."

He enters the room and looks around.

"There's a strange looking cat at the top of the stairs. Get what you came for, I'll keep an eye on it, sir."
Adam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Adam »

RocEter wrote:
Adam wrote:"To yer second question, I don't know," Cormac answers, "Foerde always kept things fairly close to the vest. I never even knew he had dealings with them."

The Bard chuckles. "No. My interests are rather simple. I am a bard, he is a hero. You see where I am going with this? I am merely interested, I have yet to get a single answer from any one about his looks." She says to Cormac.

"I see." She says

She starts lightly tapping her temple with her bow. "Ah!" She says, lowering her bow in a dramatic fashion. "What of your prisoners? One of them should at least know something besides where Foerde was taking to! Did you ask them?"
"They were reticent to answer," he says, "Yer welcome to go try an' talk to 'em. We were mostly just concerned about keepin' 'em tied up."
"Of course," Benn mutters, "It would be a damned shame if we ever knew what the hell was actually going on."
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

"Ok, call if anything happens."
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!