Birthright 3: The Worm's Supper: OOC

Online roleplaying at the Café
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: Birthright 3: The Worm's Supper: OOC

Post by ewancummins »

Good thing for you they aren't shooting so well today, guys.

Brock, your PC gets an action.

Adam, same thing.

You can shoot arrows at the elves, but they get partial cover.

You can also do other things.

Entirely up to you. If you have questions, let me know.

Hob will shoot into the rocks, hoping to hit an elf or at least provide a little cover for Roald as he builds the fire.
[dice]0[/dice]
[dice]1[/dice]
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
Adam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Adam »

I guess Cormac will fire with his bow at the elves shooting at us, and try to look around for any sign of the Fox lady or Ned.

[dice]0[/dice] attack roll 1 [dice]1[/dice] attack roll 2
[dice]2[/dice] damage 1 [dice]3[/dice] damage 2
"Of course," Benn mutters, "It would be a damned shame if we ever knew what the hell was actually going on."
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Adam wrote:I guess Cormac will fire with his bow at the elves shooting at us, and try to look around for any sign of the Fox lady or Ned.

[dice]211403:0[/dice] attack roll 1 [dice]211403:1[/dice] attack roll 2
[dice]211403:2[/dice] damage 1 [dice]211403:3[/dice] damage 2
Not hits, but he's at least keeping them from fleeing the thicket and rocks.

They are pinned down.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

Two things:

1. Is anything in those spoilers for me? I didn't see my name written over any of those

2. Termelan will take the fat man's offer. However unlike my very charismatic, trained and informed-about-the-bride's-appearance bard... I have little talent for writting songs\music.
Could we get it over with a charisma roll (trained in flute and singing) ? Or I have to actually think of something and then it's taken into consideration?

Also
VIEW CONTENT:
Termelan is quite surprised these poor people are so fond of their duke, especially after a war. So he tries to "feel the crowd" as to why they like him so much; is he exceptionally honorable? Just? Is charitable? Elevation because he just won the war?
That kind of thing. No idea what skill covers that but I would like to roll an intelligence\wisdom\whatever roll about it taking care to not be considered a spy. Termelan doesn't know how these people treat foreigners that ask too much especially after a war.
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

alhoon wrote:Two things:

1. Is anything in those spoilers for me? I didn't see my name written over any of those

2. Termelan will take the fat man's offer. However unlike my very charismatic, trained and informed-about-the-bride's-appearance bard... I have little talent for writting songs\music.
Could we get it over with a charisma roll (trained in flute and singing) ? Or I have to actually think of something and then it's taken into consideration?

Also
VIEW CONTENT:
Termelan is quite surprised these poor people are so fond of their duke, especially after a war. So he tries to "feel the crowd" as to why they like him so much; is he exceptionally honorable? Just? Is charitable? Elevation because he just won the war?
That kind of thing. No idea what skill covers that but I would like to roll an intelligence\wisdom\whatever roll about it taking care to not be considered a spy. Termelan doesn't know how these people treat foreigners that ask too much especially after a war.
Most of the spoilers upthread are just dice rolls/combat notes for a fight scene.

Composing a toast about the ducal betrothal, on the spot, sounds like Local History NWP in its storytelling application. You've got to condense the flattering and/or inspiring things you want to say about the subject into a toast. Rambling too long would be bad, but if you can keep the audience's attention, you may get more time to talk.

So roll d20 for that skill (basically a CHA check).

You may apply your bardic 'influence reactions' ability to the crowd, as well.
I'll roll a saving throw for them to see if your bardic ability boosts the reception of your impromptu composition.

RE your spoiler box questions:
VIEW CONTENT:
I think Local History will do just fine for that. Make a roll.

ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

PM sent to RocEtr.

kintire
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by kintire »

The guard patrol is a Spectral Image, which is the level 3 version with all senses, so should be pretty convincing!
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

ewancummins wrote: So roll d20 for that skill (basically a CHA check).
I will totally try to impress the crowd.

And My character sheet says +1 next to my charisma roll because I've used an extra slot.

[dice]0[/dice]

Meh [dice]0[/dice]
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
My DMGuild work!
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

OK, I don't know why the forum is behaving weirdly but, the first roll was the first one. It gave me an "invalid" error so I added another one, and then I could see two rolls.

Termelan has 17 cha (effectively 18 with the +1) so 6 should be a success.
My DMGuild work!
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

alhoon wrote:OK, I don't know why the forum is behaving weirdly but, the first roll was the first one. It gave me an "invalid" error so I added another one, and then I could see two rolls.

Termelan has 17 cha (effectively 18 with the +1) so 6 should be a success.

alhoon it has happened that I have to roll twice as well sometimes, getting the same error message.
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

6 isn't meh. It's GREAT.

Remember, in 2E all those NWP rolls are rolled at or under the target number, which is based off an ability score.
So rolling low=better.

ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

alhoon wrote:
ewancummins wrote: So roll d20 for that skill (basically a CHA check).
I will totally try to impress the crowd.

And My character sheet says +1 next to my charisma roll because I've used an extra slot.

[dice]211427:0[/dice]

Meh [dice]211427:0[/dice]
Two successes in a row!

ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

I'll roll a saving throw for the crowd, as is normal with bardic influence reactions.

This is a roll high for the crowd to resist roll.
[dice]0[/dice]

ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Crowd is taken in by his bardic fu.
Combine that with his success at local history (the storytelling stuff, actually making the toast), and he's probably going to win.

No other bards are present.

Let's see if anybody else winging it can beat his modified CHR rolls.

[dice]0[/dice]

[dice]1[/dice]

[dice]2[/dice]

ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Nope.

Temerlan easily wins the contest.