Birthright 3: The Worm's Supper , Chapter 2

Online roleplaying at the Café
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: Birthright 3: The Worm's Supper , Chapter 2

Post by ewancummins »

TERMELAN

alhoon wrote:Termelan replies with a soft voice. "He'll be fine. He's over there." he points towards the unconscious kid. "A bit roughed up, but he will be fine. Let me help you stand if you want, so you can go to him" he says to her, as he eyes the thugs.
She helps the woman get closer to her son and as soon as she seems recovered enough from the shock, he addresses her. "My friend, madam Safana and I, stopped these lowlife before they did any harm or brought any dishonor to you madam. How that attack happened if I may ask?"

"I am Termelan by the way, a foreigner." he tells her with a smile. Then trying to lighten the mood, he adds "Many locals pronounce my name wrong, Temerlan or something, but it's fine. I find some of the local names hard to learn my self. What's your name madam? And what's the name of your son?"
The woman does not answer Termelan at first, but instead scrambles to check on her son. Only when the boy moans and opens his eyes, and she has whispered soothing words to him, does she pay any further heed to the minstrel.
Looking up from her son, she says, " I'm Lorna and he's Ellum. " She looks about the dark alley, and then up into the night sky. Turning her gaze back down to Termelan, she says, " They were shouting something about 'get the Alamiens.' " She pushes loose strands of black hair behind her ears and then makes a sound midway between laughing and crying. " We come from Endier. I told them. But they didn't seem to care..."
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
Brock Marsh Runoff
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Brock Marsh Runoff »

SEARCHERS (THE MINES)

As things escalate quickly, Renn draws his blades and moves in to attack the elf who's trying to slash Cormac.
"You said I killed you--haunt me, then!...Be with me always--take any form--drive me mad! only do not leave me in this abyss, where I cannot find you!” -Wuthering Heights
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Brock Marsh Runoff wrote:SEARCHERS (THE MINES)

As things escalate quickly, Renn draws his blades and moves in to attack the elf who's trying to slash Cormac.
Renn stabs and hacks the elf. The elf raises his whip and gives it a feeble twitch before falling dead at the feet of Renn and Cormac.

The other one tries to escape Roald, but falls when Nevil throws a stone into the back of his head.

The mine-Devils whimper and grovel before the giant (to them) elf-killers.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

Brock Marsh Runoff
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Brock Marsh Runoff »

SEARCHERS

Renn wipes his blades clean on the dead elf's clothes, then sheathes them and looks to Cormac and Roald.

"One of you speaks Gobb, right? Might be time to make a few allies..."
"You said I killed you--haunt me, then!...Be with me always--take any form--drive me mad! only do not leave me in this abyss, where I cannot find you!” -Wuthering Heights
Varrus the Ethical
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Varrus the Ethical »

The Mines

"Do any of you understand what I am saying?" Roald asks in elven, his sword arm hanging relaxed at his side.
"Most men would rather deny a hard truth than face it."

George R.R. Martin.
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Varrus the Ethical wrote:The Mines

"Do any of you understand what I am saying?" Roald asks in elven, his sword arm hanging relaxed at his side.

One of the little creatures creeps forward.
" I talk elf-talk. You Giants, kill elfs."

alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

ewancummins wrote:" They were shouting something about 'get the Alamiens.' " She pushes loose strands of black hair behind her ears and then makes a sound midway between laughing and crying. " We come from Endier. I told them. But they didn't seem to care..."
"Don't worry, they can't harm you any more. Then he whispers to her. I'll ask them a few questions, put some scare to them and learn more about them. Don't believe everything I say to them"

With that, he leaves the woman to tend to her son, stands over the guy that was about to have his way with Lorna and wakes him with a sharp kick to the ribs.
"It takes a special case of evil, to try and force a woman near her unconscious son." He says in a clear, cold manner as he takes out his knife.
"I'll castrate you like the pig you are, before the guard arrives."
He says matter of factly as he unceremoniously turns the man over on his back, gives him another kick to the ribs for good measure and sits down next to him. He rests the dagger's blade on the man's crotch and says as if it just occurred to him. "Perhaps I won't do that if you tell me who organized this attack and who told you to hurt Alamiens" he looks at the man's face coldly.
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
Varrus the Ethical
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

ewancummins wrote:

Roald smiles, bearing his teeth. "That's right. You should see the ones we left to freeze on the mountainside." He points to the cavern they came from. "Is that the only way in or out of these mines?"

George R.R. Martin.
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Varrus the Ethical wrote:
ewancummins wrote:

Roald smiles, bearing his teeth. "That's right. You should see the ones we left to freeze on the mountainside." He points to the cavern they came from. "Is that the only way in or out of these mines?"
"only close way."

Varrus the Ethical
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

The Mines.

"Only close way?" Roald says. "So there's a far way. Yes?"

George R.R. Martin.
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Termelan

alhoon wrote:
ewancummins wrote:" They were shouting something about 'get the Alamiens.' " She pushes loose strands of black hair behind her ears and then makes a sound midway between laughing and crying. " We come from Endier. I told them. But they didn't seem to care..."
"Don't worry, they can't harm you any more. Then he whispers to her. I'll ask them a few questions, put some scare to them and learn more about them. Don't believe everything I say to them"

With that, he leaves the woman to tend to her son, stands over the guy that was about to have his way with Lorna and wakes him with a sharp kick to the ribs.
"It takes a special case of evil, to try and force a woman near her unconscious son." He says in a clear, cold manner as he takes out his knife.
"I'll castrate you like the pig you are, before the guard arrives."
He says matter of factly as he unceremoniously turns the man over on his back, gives him another kick to the ribs for good measure and sits down next to him. He rests the dagger's blade on the man's crotch and says as if it just occurred to him. "Perhaps I won't do that if you tell me who organized this attack and who told you to hurt Alamiens" he looks at the man's face coldly.
" I swear I don't know who paid us. Don't ask questions when a man shoves silver in my hand. He had a hood on, like the ones we wore."
The man gulps. " It's true. Please don't cut me. The hooded man, he had fancy clothes under his cloak. And, um, a sword. Me and the lads were...working...and this masked guy comes up, bold as brass, shows us money. Tells us we can get more, serve our Duke."

ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Varrus the Ethical wrote:The Mines.

"Only close way?" Roald says. "So there's a far way. Yes?"
The creature regards Roald with an expression that would look downright pitiable on a dog.
" Yes but many elfs."

Varrus the Ethical
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

The Mines

Roald points a the mine-devil. "And how many of your kin are down here?"

George R.R. Martin.
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

" Too many." It looks around the town-cave.
" Twice this."

Varrus the Ethical
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

ewancummins wrote:

" Too many." It looks around the town-cave.
" Twice this."

"More than elfs?"

George R.R. Martin.