Roleplaying Homework

Discussing all roleplaying games

Do you feel that doing minor assignments between sessions is beneficial?

Yes, it helps fill character gaps and add certain elements to the story.
94%
No, it is an utter waste of time and energy.
6%

Total votes: 18

Frukathka
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Frukathka »

I believe that any and all material, whether created by DM or player can be beneficial. To quote the 2nd Edtion DMs guide, "A good DM will take information the player creates and twist it ever so slighly to suit the need of his campaign world." I love having new material to read, no matter where it comes from.
"I am Frukathka, emissary of the Rakastan pantheon and defender of the Rakastan people and felines everywhere."
Snake
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Snake »

Personnaly I, as well as my group have enough stuff to take care of and don't have time for homework for DnD. However, I strongly suggest to every player to take notes during games to help remember what happened during the last session. Especially during games that do not happen that often. But I don't see the need for homework honestly.
Forgotten Son of Lord Vasili
Ail
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Ail »

Snake wrote:Personnaly I, as well as my group have enough stuff to take care of and don't have time for homework for DnD. However, I strongly suggest to every player to take notes during games to help remember what happened during the last session. Especially during games that do not happen that often. But I don't see the need for homework honestly.
I never thought of homework and I'm still not convinced. I prefer that they spend the same time working on the campaign and that is at the table.
That said, my players take a lot of notes. One of them is writing a log and now that I've began a blog with my description of the sessions, I hope to start getting some input on how I portray their personalities and what they really think. That may force themselves to define their characters more.

Ail