VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Re: POVERO

Post by VAN »

Tom smiles back and turning to Gertie he says:

"It was indeed. We end up here just in time."
Turning to the swordsman he says:

"Your welcome sir, I'm glad I heard the fight so we can come and help you. My name is Tom and this is my sister Gertie."

Gem barks. Tom pats the labrador's head and adds.

"And this is Gem."
Last edited by VAN on Sat Mar 26, 2016 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

"Hi" she says in a singsong voice, "I'm Gertie." She flips up her goggles and grins, still happy about the fun she had.

"Nice to meet you. I'll join you for that drink if my brother is joining us."
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

"I never say no to a drink! Lead on my good man."

Getting to the others Tom waves to them so they can join them.

"We are new to this city and me and we could use some local knowledge as where to go to eat, where not to, if there are any laws we should know of etc."
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

VAN wrote:"I never say no to a drink! Lead on my good man."

Getting to the others Tom waves to them so they can join them.

"We are new to this city and me and we could use some local knowledge as where to go to eat, where not to, if there are any laws we should know of etc."
Gertie says in a sing song voice, grinning "Besides the garbage law, you mean? Ha ha ha."
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

''Well, you two are in luck, then. I'm a local merchant. I deal with the city government often, in the course of my business affairs. So I can offer you advice and help in navigating the law here."
ALDRON limps a bit as he walks.
''I think we should go to the Admiral's Arms. It's closer to the water. But the walk will help me work this knot out of my right leg."
As he leads on, he asks them about their situation, if they have secured work, do they know anyone in the city, etc.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Tom avoids telling any personal details. He helps Aldron to walk if he lets him do it.

"What a coincidence then! We arrived today, we have no work yet and we know almost nothing about the city and literally noone here except the girl at the inn, Branca. Oh and as my sister pointed out we have heard about the new law about higher fines for those that throw garbage at the underwater supply. Does the city have water problem?"
- W H A T ! ? !
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Gertie follows, keeping quiet. She is smiling, though the adrenaline from fighting is slowly wearing off.
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

As walking Tom notices that his sister is looking a bit intensively the handsome swordman and smiles a bit too often...He goes at her left side and elbowing her slighlty to get her attention says:

"Don't forget that I'm here!"
- W H A T ! ? !
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

VAN wrote:As walking Tom notices that his sister is looking a bit intensively the handsome swordman and smiles a bit too often...He goes at her left side and elbowing her slighlty to get her attention says:

"Don't forget that I'm here!"
"Huh?" she grins "Oh sorry, I'm just admiring the scenery big brother. It is a new city after all." She sticks her tongue out at him then winks.
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

"The scenery...right. It might be beautiful but rather old I may say. Anyway..."

Turning to Aldron he says:

"Aldron, do you mind if our friends join us? We came together and I'm sure they will want to learn about the city, the laws and if you have a job to offer us as well. Because I'm sure a gentleman like you well connected could get a side job for those that saved him for the bandits, right my good man? And is there a reward for getting them alive perhaps?"
- W H A T ! ? !
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

"Brother , if it had supple breasts and firm buttocks, you'd be checking it out too.... even is she was older. So nah nah nah."

She grins and giggles, then looks at Aldron as she pats the purse mouthing the words "thanks".
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

VAN wrote:"The scenery...right. It might be beautiful but rather old I may say. Anyway..."

Turning to Aldron he says:

"Aldron, do you mind if our friends join us? We came together and I'm sure they will want to learn about the city, the laws and if you have a job to offer us as well. Because I'm sure a gentleman like you well connected could get a side job for those that saved him for the bandits, right my good man? And is there a reward for getting them alive perhaps?"
" I would like to meet your friends, of course. Let's bring them along with us. And as for a job, I am confident I can find something exciting and remunerative. You are obviously a man of action. And what about the way Gertie lashed those knaves across their rumps, sending them flying! Ha! That was a pretty sight."
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

" I would like to meet your friends, of course. Let's bring them along with us. And as for a job, I am confident I can find something exciting and remunerative. You are obviously a man of action. And what about the way Gertie lashed those knaves across their rumps, sending them flying! Ha! That was a pretty sight."
She flourishes an elaborate bow and dance step.

"Thank you, thank you. It's just too bad we didn't get two thugs, now that would have been fun for the guards to find tied up together, don't you think?" She giggles.
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

steveflam wrote:

"Thank you, thank you. It's just too bad we didn't get two thugs, now that would have been fun for the guards to find tied up together, don't you think?" She giggles.
Aldron laughs again.
"Antics! Oh, yes, what fun. I appreciate a well-done prank. Like the time my best friend, Richard, noticed his parlor fireplace was damp and also backing up a bit. Smoke not getting out as it ought to do. And he'd just had it swept a few days before. So he stepped outside and looked up to see...a brass chamberpot decorating the chimney top, gleaming in the morning sun. The pranksters had done that to every chimney on his house without getting caught. "

steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

ewancummins wrote:
steveflam wrote:

Aldron laughs again.
"Antics! Oh, yes, what fun. I appreciate a well-done prank. Like the time my best friend, Richard, noticed his parlor fireplace was damp and also backing up a bit. Smoke not getting out as it ought to do. And he'd just had it swept a few days before. So he stepped outside and looked up to see...a brass chamberpot decorating the chimney top, gleaming in the morning sun. The pranksters had done that to every chimney on his house without getting caught. "
Gertie smiles, chuckling. "Sounds like something I'd do, except I'd leave a gift in each chamber pot. Tom, we'll have to replace your rope, big brother."