OOC: Death House (5e)

Online roleplaying at the Café
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: Anyone interested trying "Death House" (5e) as PbP?

Post by steveflam »

Ok trying again for the 3rd time

[dice]0[/dice]

[dice]1[/dice]

[dice]2[/dice]

[dice]3[/dice]

[dice]4[/dice]

[dice]5[/dice]
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Well I'll take your rolls.....
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

16, 13, 12, 11, 10, 8

That is why I liked my rolls,,,

Str 10
Dex 12
Con 8
Int 16
Wis 13
Cha 11
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

+2 to intelligence, +1 to con gnome people.
And ALL gnomes are tinkers as I just saw. You even can make awesome 19th century automatons.
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

The Starting situation in your home plane: Could affect your backgrounds, but won't affect (directly) the adventure.

Revolution against the king Stebanor III, brought by years of bad weather that led to bad crops. While the king and the court aren't blameless for the way the handled the situation, the king wasn't a tyrannical megalomaniac. Some of his generals and vassals were. The rebellion is not comprised by a single group, but a conglomerate of disgruntled nobles that sided with the peasant militias that sprung up. The rebel groups include idealists, anti-monarchists as well as opportunists and traitors.
There are good and bad people on both sides and both sides have leaders that did atrocities. And the common people in the center, that just want to feed their families, suffer those atrocities for the 3 years of the rebellion.
Demihuman strongholds, holding no particular loyalty to the king didn't get involved at first; as such loyalists considered them traitors and opportunists among them attacked; ghettos in cities suffered because of this. The attacks on their people led many demihuman clans to join the rebels, which in turn brought more loyalists against them. There are though a few clans that have aligned with the king for whatever reason.

And that's the situation at the beginning. You all start from a region that has been in rebel hands since the early days. But the loyalist army is closing in and people are fleeing. You start in a large caravan of refugees.
Are you sympathizers of the king hiding your loyalties? Are you rebels? Are you neutral just trying to help everyone in need or make a profit from the war?
Are you idealists or opportunists siding with the side you think will win? Have you lost people in the hands of rebels or loyalists?

Also: Don't forget to pick personality trait, ideal, bond and flaw.
Roleplaying those would lead to the character gaining inspiration.

Tarlyn: Standard numbers of spells, all spells allowed (although necromantic ones have... consequences).
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
My DMGuild work!
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Ok in the SRD i only saw Acolyte as Background choice.. please give me a link for the other choices. I am presuming of course that there exist more than just the Acolyte one.
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

http://dnd.wizards.com/products/tableto ... asic-rules

Use those a guide, not fast and set rule. Create a background if those don't cover you and I'll review it.
(Backgrounds give 3 skills or tools + personality trait, ideal, bond and flaw. Roleplaying these well, grants inspiration which you can use to gain advantage to one attack, saving throw or ability check)
My DMGuild work!
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

alhoon wrote:http://dnd.wizards.com/products/tableto ... asic-rules

Use those a guide, not fast and set rule. Create a background if those don't cover you and I'll review it.
(Backgrounds give 3 skills or tools + personality trait, ideal, bond and flaw. Roleplaying these well, grants inspiration which you can use to gain advantage to one attack, saving throw or ability check)

Okay Sage sounds sort of close enough. Although something along the lines of inventor would be cool.

I'll chose what is needed and send you a draft by Saturday.
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

Make an inventor, I don't mind.
My DMGuild work!
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Van is almost done and is openly rebel :) He blames the King, his generals, nobles etc for the situation and believes that if the rebels win everything will be better and farmers will live happily ever after.

PS: Don't call him delusional bcz he has 2 scimitars and 17 STR :P
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

alhoon wrote:+2 to intelligence, +1 to con gnome people.
And ALL gnomes are tinkers as I just saw. You even can make awesome 19th century automatons.
Oh?

Cool!

Forevermore Sanchianados!
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

ewancummins wrote:
ewancummins wrote:4d6 drop the lowest, rolled here, seems simplest.

[dice]219628:0[/dice]

[dice]219628:1[/dice]

[dice]219628:2[/dice]
[dice]219628:3[/dice]
[dice]219628:4[/dice]

[dice]219628:5[/dice]

10 STR

18 DEX almost preternaturally quick reflexes, unusually long and dexterous fingers

14 INT clever at mechanics

10 CON

10 WIS

6 CHR ugly, surly, gnarled little stinker of a gnome

Gorric feels strong loyalty to his brother. He mistrusts big folk in general, but regards Van as trustworthy because this particular human has proved himself a friend to the gnome enclave.
He likes making toys. Some of these toys conceal traps. When he feels scared, his instinct is to crawl into a dark, close space and fall silent. He lacks his brother's magical talent, but is even more gifted at mechanical tasks like picking locks, setting alarms, finding and opening secret panels, and so on.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
Ken of Ghastria
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by Ken of Ghastria »

Do you have room for another player? While I've been involved in the Adventurers League content, I know squat about Death House. So I can be sacrificed appropriately as an innocent. :roll:
"There are three rules for writing a novel. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."
--W. Somerset Maugham
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Bhunderphulimpbizzkit Sanchianados

Gnome Tinkerer Wizard

Loyal to his brother. Tolerates bigger folk except for Van, whom he likes. Van has helped him before and was an unwilling guinea pig once or twice, much to the human's dismay.

He always looks for a solution even going as far as making it harder than it actually is! He's smarter than his brother. HOwever, he and his brother together create all kinds of toys.

He especially likes the fire toys he creates and then can blow up with oil! HE is very noticeable with his long pinty hat which has stars, toys and even clocks on it.

Gorric and Van call him Bhunder for short as it is easier.
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

Ken of Ghastria wrote:Do you have room for another player? While I've been involved in the Adventurers League content, I know squat about Death House. So I can be sacrificed appropriately as an innocent. :roll:
Yes. A cleric preferably. :)
Or Paladin. Someone that can cure people.

Please keep in mind that I would like your character to have foreknowledge about the other characters. Check the starting situation in order to get an idea where you'll be abducted from by the mists.
My DMGuild work!