Birthright 3 Chapter 6

Online roleplaying at the Café
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: Birthright 3 Chapter 6

Post by ewancummins »

Varrus the Ethical wrote:Auld Oak

Roald's mood sours at the mention of the Castellan. "Sir Rory? Yes, we go a ways back, he and I."
"I see."
She looks at Sir Boarhort.
"Will you introduce me to your companion, my lord Roald?"
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
Brock Marsh Runoff
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Brock Marsh Runoff »

SEARCHERS

Rennault and his men Sevet and Gatt tarry a little longer at the Tower of the Hunt, recuperating both from their wounds and the massive hangover that Renn's night of drinking incurs. in the end it's not enough to staunch out the horrors of the caverns, but there is always more wine in the world...

Once sufficiently recovered, the three head out towards THE AULD OAK. Ever eager to show himself a man of the people, Renn reckons this a fine opportunity to get the smallfolk on his side.
"You said I killed you--haunt me, then!...Be with me always--take any form--drive me mad! only do not leave me in this abyss, where I cannot find you!” -Wuthering Heights
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Brock Marsh Runoff wrote:SEARCHERS

Rennault and his men Sevet and Gatt tarry a little longer at the Tower of the Hunt, recuperating both from their wounds and the massive hangover that Renn's night of drinking incurs. in the end it's not enough to staunch out the horrors of the caverns, but there is always more wine in the world...

Once sufficiently recovered, the three head out towards THE AULD OAK. Ever eager to show himself a man of the people, Renn reckons this a fine opportunity to get the smallfolk on his side.
Some of the local farmers and shepherds who have answered the militia call out now gather round Renn and his two followers.
A beefy man with a beer gut, leaning on a bill hook, says to Renn,
"Ho there! I dunno you. Are you guys hunters or sellswords? Something like that?"
If the man realizes he's talking to a nobleman, his rustic, forward manner does not indicate it.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Domenica changes direction and heads for the bar, where GIMP is. From there she might be able to spot whomever is in charge here or

perhaps a barmaid might be able to help her. Changing her mind she walks over to where the Lady with the colors of House Elvenemiere is.

As she gets closer, she most certainly recognizes Roald, and smiles to herself. Once there is a pause in the conversation, she makes her presence known to both

he and the lady by clearing her throat and moving to stand in front of both of them. She looks first to Roald then to the lady. "Sir Roald, it has been far too long, sire."

She bows slightly. Turning to the lady "I am Lady Domenica Barillia of Barillia and Associates in Haes, milady. I am looking for whom I may speak to about this matter of

the Crone, Oona. Sir Rory had to head back to the city for matters concerning the Ducal wedding and left me in charge in his stead."
RocEter
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by RocEter »

ewancummins wrote:THE AULD OAK, continued

CORMAC
Adam wrote:His eyes go wide, and he hurries across the room.

"You-" he says to Foerde, "You-I thought you were dead!"

FOERDE

The militiamen immediately surround Foerde and his companion. But being mostly locals, some among them know him.
Instead of attacking or arresting the intruders, they stare in surprise.
One of them, a neighbor, says
" We thought the elves killed you."

Before he can fully explain, Foerde hears another familiar voice calls out. Cormac!
"There were many a moment in which I came close with death, but by the good graces of the gods and the miracles granted unto by Cuireccean, I made it home." Foerde says to Cormac, and the others. "I am glad to see you made out of that hellish cave Cormac, what of the others? Did they make it out as well?"

Cormac will also note that Foerde's appearance has to of changed slightly. He looks just as old as the boys that here in the Auld Oak as well, he is slightly shorter and thinner then before as well. He also is in company of an Elf woman whom seems to be watching the interaction between Foerde and other humans with great interest.

He pauses for a moment, and looks around at the gathered men. "So, it would appear some one has taken it upon their selves to relieve of my horse, my strong mule, my cart and Riordin, my bobcat, has disappeared as well." He says.

"I would be much obliged if any one here would pass along a note that I have returned safely and will be need my things back." He tells them this as if he assumes some one is borrowing his stuff for the time being.

After that he will drag Cormac towards the bar. "Come, tell me all and buy me a drink. Least you can do for leaving my home in a ruin." He says.
Last edited by RocEter on Tue Mar 01, 2016 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
History prefers legends to men. It prefers nobility to brutality, soaring speeches to quiet deeds. History remembers the battle and forgets the blood. What ever history remembers of me if it remembers me at all, it shall only be the fraction of the truth.
Varrus the Ethical
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Varrus the Ethical »

Auld Oak, Roald

Roald smiles and claps a hand on the big knight's shoulder. "This is Sir Boarholt. You'll be hard pressed to find a more stalwart knight than him. He's flattened the skulls many elves and orogs during our venture into the Manslayer's lands.
"Most men would rather deny a hard truth than face it."

George R.R. Martin.
Brock Marsh Runoff
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Brock Marsh Runoff »

ewancummins wrote: Some of the local farmers and shepherds who have answered the militia call out now gather round Renn and his two followers.
A beefy man with a beer gut, leaning on a bill hook, says to Renn,
"Ho there! I dunno you. Are you guys hunters or sellswords? Something like that?"
If the man realizes he's talking to a nobleman, his rustic, forward manner does not indicate it.
Renn raises his right hand to greet the beefy billman. "Hail there! I am Rennault, of the House Ghonallison, and these are my sworn men, Sevet and Gatt. We'd heard rumblings of a witch who needs scouring from the land."
"You said I killed you--haunt me, then!...Be with me always--take any form--drive me mad! only do not leave me in this abyss, where I cannot find you!” -Wuthering Heights
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

THE AULD OAK

THE COMMON ROOM

ERIN HUNTER says to Sir Boarhort,
"It's good to have you with us, sir. I pray Haelyn and Cuiraecen will aid us in the hunt, and a fight if it comes to that."
She turns back yo ROALD.
"We will head out for Elf Hill soon. I want to get there well before dark with as many men as can be gathered." She drops her voice so that it won't carry to the militiamen standing not far away.
"The messages from my uncle mentioned living dead men who obey the Crone. That worries me, given that some people say the Hill is--"

steveflam wrote:Domenica changes direction and heads for the bar, where GIMP is. From there she might be able to spot whomever is in charge here or

perhaps a barmaid might be able to help her. Changing her mind she walks over to where the Lady with the colors of House Elvenemiere is.

As she gets closer, she most certainly recognizes Roald, and smiles to herself. Once there is a pause in the conversation, she makes her presence known to both

he and the lady by clearing her throat and moving to stand in front of both of them. She looks first to Roald then to the lady. "Sir Roald, it has been far too long, sire."

She bows slightly. Turning to the lady "I am Lady Domenica Barillia of Barillia and Associates in Haes, milady. I am looking for whom I may speak to about this matter of

the Crone, Oona. Sir Rory had to head back to the city for matters concerning the Ducal wedding and left me in charge in his stead."

Breaking off her whispered warning to Roald, Erin turns her attention to DOMENICA.

"Greetings. If you were given authority. I trust you have some sort of seal, or chain. A writ?"
She smiles.

Do
(Presuming DOMENICA presents the ducal warrant)

Erin examines the document." This works. Indeed! Signed by our Duke. You are the guilder Sir Rory's last message mentioned, of course. Welcome. I---hmmm, does that fellow work for you? Over there, headed this way. He seems to be trying to get your attention, Lady."

Rolf Smithy waves at the gathering of leaders and makes a beeline for his mistress.
The wagoner bows his head to DOMENICA.
He says," Awful strange stuff is happening up on that hill, boss. Some kind of black cloud. Not smoke. Evil screams. And Vollmar says the earth is moving underfoot. I couldn't tell that much, but dorfs is funny folk. "

kintire
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by kintire »

SAFANA: Private chats

Safana assures Filbert that she is delighted to serve Tuornen by remaining with the archmage... though he will observe a strong hint of reserve. To Termelan she is more open: she is nervous, but sees no option, and is intrigued by the chance to learn from a master! She will hint to both, however, that this is not entirely a simple secondment, and that the archmage has a definite plan in mind regarding the Manslayer that requires her assistance... though she does not yet know what it is.

SAFANA: Council with Caine

She bows deeply as the archmage enters.

"I have learnt a little since my arrival here, my Lord, but I fear my knowledge is still slight..."
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Rolf Smithy waves at the gathering of leaders and makes a beeline for his mistress.
He says," Awful strange stuff is happening up on that hill, boss. Some kind of black cloud. Not smoke. Evil screams. And Vollmar says the earth is moving underfoot. I couldn't tell that much, but dorfs is funny folk. "

"Oh, yes that is Rolf Smitty. My wagoneer and horse racer. I have no experience with magic or these living dead men. Or a witch for that matter. The Lady Isolde from the Temple in Haes is already

on the scene. Ah, pardon, but I know your uncle, Lady. We dined and he helped me with those thugs in the city. I would greatly appreciate any advice any of you have in dealing with this situation.

I fear with what Rolf is telling us, we should probably hurry to help the others already on the scene."

After GIMP hands her her tea, she looks around. "What do you suggest?"
Adam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Adam »

Cormac walks to the bar with Foerde, filling him in on his adventures while the two were separated. Regardless of Foerde's desires, Cormac pays for the drinks as he tells him of the elf ambush at his house, the Were-creature, the journey into the elf lands and the battle with the demon. He takes great pleasure in telling of their friend, the trash monster.

"But I've been talkin' enough," he says, "How'd ye get away? Turns out, we didnae need to come fer ye at all! An' it looks like yer younger?"
"Of course," Benn mutters, "It would be a damned shame if we ever knew what the hell was actually going on."
RocEter
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by RocEter »

"Be glad you didn't, my friend." He says. "I was held captive in Rhoube's main tower, I narrowly escaped with my life." Foerde goes to vaguely explain how he escaped.

Foerde chuckles. "Yes, I am bit younger now." He says. "Though for that bit I would prefer to discuss in private, there is much about me I haven't told you or others. You all deserve to know the truth though. Is Roald and Renn here? What of the children you rescued, was Gael one of them?"
History prefers legends to men. It prefers nobility to brutality, soaring speeches to quiet deeds. History remembers the battle and forgets the blood. What ever history remembers of me if it remembers me at all, it shall only be the fraction of the truth.
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

steveflam wrote:

"Oh, yes that is Rolf Smitty. My wagoneer and horse racer. I have no experience with magic or these living dead men. Or a witch for that matter. The Lady Isolde from the Temple in Haes is already

on the scene. Ah, pardon, but I know your uncle, Lady. We dined and he helped me with those thugs in the city. I would greatly appreciate any advice any of you have in dealing with this situation.

I fear with what Rolf is telling us, we should probably hurry to help the others already on the scene."

After GIMP hands her her tea, she looks around. "What do you suggest?"
THE AULD OAK

ERIN HUNTER says,

''We should take all but a few men of what we have available here, now, and immediately go to Elf Hill. The small reserve can remain here as backup, and to direct other militia toward Elf Hill as needed. But I'm all for a quick shift of force to the Hill. And if we have any magicians, priests, experts of other sorts--we'd better bring those to the fore."

ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

FALCON'S ROOST

kintire wrote:
SAFANA: Council with Caine

She bows deeply as the archmage enters.

"I have learnt a little since my arrival here, my Lord, but I fear my knowledge is still slight..."

''Something strange is happening in regard to the meghbhaill in Western Tuornen since at least last night. I couldn't be sure until this morning's castings and readings, though. There's a discernible building up of dark, corrupt essence, oozing along the ley lines...
My divinations and charts indicate the manifestation of all this is forming now in Elevesnemiere province. That's dangerously close to the Manslayer's country. This may be his doing. Or perhaps not. But I think it serves my interest as well as your to send someone to go and find out what is happening. Opinions?"

steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

THE AULD OAK
ERIN HUNTER says,

''We should take all but a few men of what we have available here, now, and immediately go to Elf Hill. The small reserve can remain here as backup, and to direct other militia toward Elf Hill as needed. But I'm all for a quick shift of force to the Hill. And if we have any magicians, priests, experts of other sorts--we'd better bring those to the fore."

Satisfied, Domenica replies. "Very well then. I Leave it to you to decide who stays as I do not know these citizens. I shall wait by the door with GIMP and Rolf. Will you be joining us?"