RL Arts & Crafts - Custom Tarokka Box

Discussing all things Ravenloft
mason
Conspirator
Conspirator

RL Arts & Crafts - Custom Tarokka Box

Post by mason »

Figured I'd share my little box I'm going to use to hold my tarokka cards.

I reused a box from Olive Garden that had a gift card in it. It even has one of those magnetic clasps.
1.png
1.png (88.51 KiB) Viewed 533 times
2-1.png
2-1.png (38.51 KiB) Viewed 533 times
What I'd really want is a box to hold my 3.5 tarokka (still my favorite for looking the most like a real tarot deck), maybe a small wooden one that looks more like a game prop. Does anyone recall if anything like that was described or illustrated in any RL books?
Jester of the FoS
Jester of the Dark Comedy
Jester of the Dark Comedy

Re: RL Arts & Crafts - Custom Tarokka Box

Post by Jester of the FoS »

Very nice. How did you add the logo?

I don't recall seeing a box in art, but they are described as being stored in boxes. I picture a solid wood box with a carved hinge or slid lid. Wooden tarot boxes exist, so one of those seems appropriate.

Also, is that the new Tarokka deck? Review copy or printed your own?
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Gonzoron of the FoS »

Beautiful! Can you make me one? ;)
"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."
mason
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by mason »

I just spray painted the box, printed out logos on photo paper and pasted them, then sealed it all with acrylic fixative. They are perfect for holding 2 decks which is perfect for me since I always use the 'cheat' method of doing readings by having 2 decks of cards (I already know the cards I want played and hide them, pass the deck for players to touch and 'pass their energy onto the cards', then secretly slide my cards back onto the top of the deck and lay it in the center of the table - I get the players to draw the cards and I call out the cards' name in my best dramatic voice right before they turn them over. First time players really seem to get a kick out of it). I can easily make more after I swing by Olive Garden.

I just had them printed, they came in yesterday and just now opened them. They came out better than I expected.
3.png
3.png (115.41 KiB) Viewed 516 times