POVERO Chapter Six

Online roleplaying at the Café
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Re: POVERO Chapter Six

Post by alhoon »

THE MARKET DISTRICT

"Thank you and thank your God Titus. " Fild said. Then he replied to Damien "Thank you for getting us out of that bind. And of course I would agree to go to the Randevouz! We didn't do that much running to miss the wedding!"
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

SMALL HOURS OF THE MORNING

Elissa and her companions flee the park, taking a long series of detours to avoid night-watch patrols and Holbin guardsmen. And of course they don't wish to meet those mysterious ambushers.

After a long walk around and through the city, they arrive at the little overgrown vineyard (which had been the lair of a gang of robbers the party fought for Aldron Folbre).

GERTIE and TOM check out the cabin on the site. It appears empty, safe to enter.

(Earlier, relative the the scene above)

FILD, TITUS, and DAMIEN

Riders and foot patrols sweep through the neighborhoods of the eastern city, forcing Damien and the others to make detours, hide under archways, and at times run down alleys to escape attention.
The closer they get to the park, the heavier the presence of armed, inquisitive men becomes.
Still, with Fild's night vision and Damien's stealth, the trio makes it to the park as the bells toll midnight, without being captured.

After entering the big park, they wander a while, lost, until they hear sounds of a fight. Hurrying on, they discover the stone circle and earthen mounds of the Dancing Maidens. No one waits here. But the grass has been trampled. Looking about, Titus finds a torn swatch of bloody cloth on the ground. The blood is still warm.

The party has little time to examine the scene, because lights appear in the trees to the north, accompanied by the noise of riders and the baying of bloodhounds.

Damien hisses " Let's get out of here!"
Last edited by ewancummins on Wed Jun 29, 2016 11:42 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Tom looks from the window one more time and then enters. He whispers to Gertie:

"I'll check the tunnel with Gem you two stay here."
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

"K, no problem."
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

THE CELLAR & TUNNEL

Tom and Gem go through the small house and down into the cellar.
All clear.
They check the tunnel. It's empty, too.
Things seem much as the party left this area.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

Varrus the Ethical
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Varrus the Ethical »

ewancummins wrote:
Damien hisses " Let's get out of here!"
Titus nods emphatically.
"Most men would rather deny a hard truth than face it."

George R.R. Martin.
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

THE PARK

Damien leads the party into a copse a fair distance from the stone circle.
Once hidden from searchers, he turns to Fild and Varrus and says,
"Something's gone wrong with the rendezvous.And there sure are a lot of men out searching-- for the girl, I guess. And for us, I think. Where should we go now?"

Adam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Adam »

Alfonse comes into the house, fretting and trying to clean things up for the girl.

"Apologies, Elissa, this isn't necessarily our mess," he says, sweeping a broken piece of furniture out of the way.
"Of course," Benn mutters, "It would be a damned shame if we ever knew what the hell was actually going on."
Varrus the Ethical
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Varrus the Ethical »

ewancummins wrote:THE PARK

Damien leads the party into a copse a fair distance from the stone circle.
Once hidden from searchers, he turns to Fild and Varrus and says,
"Something's gone wrong with the rendezvous.And there sure are a lot of men out searching-- for the girl, I guess. And for us, I think. Where should we go now?"
"I'd start with somewhere that isn't here," Titus says. "We can think about trying to find the others when we're not in imminent danger of discovery."
Last edited by Varrus the Ethical on Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Most men would rather deny a hard truth than face it."

George R.R. Martin.
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

PARK:
"As unfortunate it is... if they are told to look for a gnome, I'm a giveaway. You two could say you were taking a walk. I could too to be sincere. But they won't believe me and they've proven they're quite liable to cut me to pieces.
So... let's go to someplace else. What was the name of the Tavern? The 2nd place? "
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
My DMGuild work!
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

alhoon wrote:PARK:
"As unfortunate it is... if they are told to look for a gnome, I'm a giveaway. You two could say you were taking a walk. I could too to be sincere. But they won't believe me and they've proven they're quite liable to cut me to pieces.
So... let's go to someplace else. What was the name of the Tavern? The 2nd place? "

PARK

Damien says,

"Which tavern? You mean the public house where we met with Master Folbre?"

ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

THE CABIN IN THE VINEYARD

Adam wrote:Alfonse comes into the house, fretting and trying to clean things up for the girl.

"Apologies, Elissa, this isn't necessarily our mess," he says, sweeping a broken piece of furniture out of the way.

Elissa Holbin nods to Alfonse.
She waits in a corner of the main room while the man tidies up for her.

After a moment, she turns to Gertie and says,
"You haven't got a mirror, a comb, clean clothes, and things like that , have you? I must look a frightful mess."

Indeed, the young lady's hair hangs in tangled disarray and sweat shines on her face. Her nightgown has torn at the sleeves and the hem. She's missing her right slipper.

Adam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Adam »

"In the morning, I can take care of it magically. Until then this will have to do. Is there anything we can get you in the meantime? Food? Perhaps you'd like to retire for a brief slumber?"

He looks at the others and nods his head towards a private corner. "In the meantime, my compatriots and I need to discuss our next move."
"Of course," Benn mutters, "It would be a damned shame if we ever knew what the hell was actually going on."
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

CABIN IN THE VINEYARD

Adam wrote:"In the morning, I can take care of it magically. Until then this will have to do. Is there anything we can get you in the meantime? Food? Perhaps you'd like to retire for a brief slumber?"

He looks at the others and nods his head towards a private corner. "In the meantime, my compatriots and I need to discuss our next move."
Elissa says,
"Yes, please, some food, some wine, a bed. I'm very tired."

alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

PARK
"Yes, that one. The one we met Aldron"
My DMGuild work!