POVERO Chapter Nine

Online roleplaying at the Café
Metaflux
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: POVERO Chapter Nine

Post by Metaflux »

Motioning towards his sling, Lowen said, "In that case, we might as well send a team of two up there to let flame the sails, while the rest of us get that barrel over there. That way, if we don't accomplish one objective, we'll have at least made headway with another."
Adam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Adam »

Alfonse stows his sling. "I won't be much use for the real fighting, but I can help carry the oil." He looks at the downed men. "Perhaps if we throw on their outfits, we can sneak aboard with the barrel and spread the oil about?"
"Of course," Benn mutters, "It would be a damned shame if we ever knew what the hell was actually going on."
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Tom steps forward before Gertie has time to reply and points at his bow.

"I'm the archer, Gertie has other tallents. But since I don't want her to risk her life in the chaos she can decide what to do."

Turning to Gertie he says:

"It's up to you Gertie. You are old enough to decide. Do you want to go with the others, hide in an empty house or do you prefer to climb to a roof and help me? You can prepare the arrows."
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

VAN wrote:Tom steps forward before Gertie has time to reply and points at his bow.

"I'm the archer, Gertie has other tallents. But since I don't want her to risk her life in the chaos she can decide what to do."

Turning to Gertie he says:

"It's up to you Gertie. You are old enough to decide. Do you want to go with the others, hide in an empty house or do you prefer to climb to a roof and help me? You can prepare the arrows."
"Huh, arrows?"

GERTIE points at a man standing near the pub door in the alley, holding a shield and broadsword. He is watching the party.

"Okay, but who is that guy that's watching us? He's not one of the ones we just fought."
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Tom feeling only slightly safe wearing his leather armor, under his dark green cloak and having his small shield strapped at his back, looks at the man. The late teens half-elf's light brown eyes flash and his hand gets closer at the hilt of his long sword. Even if Tom is only medium hight, with his athletic rather muscular body and the shoulder length dark brown hair can be considered intimidating.

"Who are you? You don't look like a pirate, are you one of Folbre's guys?"
Last edited by VAN on Fri Jul 29, 2016 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

Fild flips around and draws his sword, preparing his shield. The gnome, with his pointy goatee and dusty-brown hair is dressed in leather armor and is built strongly like most of his kind.
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
Lord Skybolt
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Lord Skybolt »

Sixt walks slowly towards the group looking around for any other pirates might have escaped the parties attention . As he walks toward the party he hails them"Good work on those pirates, always a pain in ass dealing with them at sea ." As he comes closer the party can see that he is wearing brigandine armor with Brace of 6 six war darts across his chest . Two sheaths on his belt for left hand draw as you can see he has his broadsword in his left hand . The other sheath is carrying his dagger . He looks to be about 5"10 in height and well muscled as his arms and armor do not appear to slow him down much, if at all . He looks likes he has been out at sea for a while . He has very rough and used to look to him with his bleached out blonde hair and dark brown eyes that seems to be looking around for trouble at a moments notice .

As he comes closer to the party he says"My name is Sixt and would like to help deal with any more of these scum ." As he says scum he gets look of digust on his face as if he has had to deal pirates with before or those like them .
"Evil only endures when good people remain silent ."
Tony inspired by Thomas Jefferson .
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

"And why should we trust you, Sixt. Name is Fild by the way, in case we decide to trust you. Pleased to meet you and I hope we won't come to blows."
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
My DMGuild work!
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

alhoon wrote:"And why should we trust you, Sixt. Name is Fild by the way, in case we decide to trust you. Pleased to meet you and I hope we won't come to blows."

"Well, why should he trust us, Fild?"
GERTIE (a young woman with curly brown hair, dressed in leather armor, whip coiled at her belt) looks Sixt up and down.
"He's some kind of soldier? Is that what you said, umm, Sixt?"
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

"Yeah, while Alfonse decides whether we can trust him, I'll load my gun. Sixt, that wizard over there is Alfonse. He's the acting leader of the Blades of Povero. That's us.
Where do we stand on the casket-plan Alfonse?"
My DMGuild work!
Lord Skybolt
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Lord Skybolt »

"I have just gotten done with serving in Povero's fleet as a marine protecting its waters from pirate scum ."As he said the last words he spits to the side in disgust .
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

Fild pauses while cleaning his arquebus. "We thank you for your service but you seem to have missed a lot. If Alfonse agrees, we could use your help to mop up some that have slipped your net".
My DMGuild work!
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

alhoon wrote:Fild pauses while cleaning his arquebus. "We thank you for your service but you seem to have missed a lot. If Alfonse agrees, we could use your help to mop up some that have slipped your net".

Gertie mumbles something about a fishing trip.

Varrus the Ethical
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Varrus the Ethical »

Lord Skybolt wrote:"I have just gotten done with serving in Povero's fleet as a marine protecting its waters from pirate scum ."As he said the last words he spits to the side in disgust .
Titus glances at his at the drying blood on his mace, then back to the newcomer. "Well, it looks like Povero's streets are now in need of protection from said scum."
"Most men would rather deny a hard truth than face it."

George R.R. Martin.
Lord Skybolt
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Lord Skybolt »

"I never said I killed them all, just that they are some of the scum I had to deal with while in Poveros fleets is all . Sure I can help with any more we find ."