POVERO Chapter Ten

Online roleplaying at the Café
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Re: POVERO Chapter Ten

Post by alhoon »

Fild shrugs. "OK then, but we will be blamed for whatever happens to Richard Savelle. When they're hanging us publicly, I want you all to remember that I told you so. But I'll help again."
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

alhoon wrote:Fild shrugs. "OK then, but we will be blamed for whatever happens to Richard Savelle. When they're hanging us publicly, I want you all to remember that I told you so. But I'll help again."

Damien shrugs.
"We've been gambling since we got to this city. One more roll of the dice..."
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

ewancummins wrote:
alhoon wrote:Fild shrugs. "OK then, but we will be blamed for whatever happens to Richard Savelle. When they're hanging us publicly, I want you all to remember that I told you so. But I'll help again."

Damien shrugs.
"We've been gambling since we got to this city. One more roll of the dice..."

Gertie says,

" How about I run out, get in touch with some local rascals through my...erm...contact? They can maybe do something to create a distraction for us, like stealing horses or breaking into sheds. If we are lucky, Folbre's men won't catch on at first, but then maybe think it's an attack by the Holbins. Or the Savelles, I guess. We go in from some other way, while the local crew skeedaddles over the fence. I think some burglars could get in where a big bunch of goons would set off all the alarums. Does that make sense?"

She looks at Tom first, then at Alfonse.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Tom looks at Gertie proud of his sister.

"It's a good plan Gertie, Aldron's men might try go stop yous friends while we sneak in and save Richard. But we also need more powerful allies, someone that can vouch for us if we get captured. So I suggest we speak with Hoblins and tell them our plan. They will want revenge as well."
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

VAN wrote:Tom looks at Gertie proud of his sister.

"It's a good plan Gertie, Aldron's men might try go stop yous friends while we sneak in and save Richard. But we also need more powerful allies, someone that can vouch for us if we get captured. So I suggest we speak with Hoblins and tell them our plan. They will want revenge as well."
Damien says,
"It seemed like the signorina, Elissa Holbin, she liked us. I mean, as much as anybody rich could like us. Maybe we should send the message to her. She vouched for us once, with the Watch."

alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

"Better have the even fickle patronship of powerful people than none at all, but I would like to warn the hot-headed here," Fild said looking at Tom "that rich people are not renowned for helping the low-rank mercs like us if bad things happen to rich people they didn't hire the mercs to deal with even if they like us. We're disposable assets. Go too far while working against Aldron, harming innocents above our status and we would see the Hoblin favor evaporate."
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
My DMGuild work!
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

"Noted. But still I think it's better if we let Lady Elissa know our plan, afterall Aldron's men were about to kill her...Of course we will try to not get caught but knowing our past better be prepared for everything...""
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

Fild nods and turns to the wizard, waiting for his decision.
My DMGuild work!
Adam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Adam »

Alfonse nods. "It sounds like a plan. Let's hope it goes better than our previous efforts."
"Of course," Benn mutters, "It would be a damned shame if we ever knew what the hell was actually going on."
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

THE PLAN MADE...

GERTIE contacts her shady new friends and works to arrange vandalism and other mischief at the fringes of the Folbre estate.
DAMIEN goes with her and does his best to help her.

The others prepare for their attempted incursion of Folbre House.

alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

Fild while preparing bullets for his arquebus and making sure the gun horn was dry, mentioned to Alfonse. "Alfonse, that magic that dropped the guards has proved to be more suited when fighting such people than the glowing magic things."
My DMGuild work!
Adam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Adam »

"Yes, yes," the wizard says, reading through his spellbook to memorize sleep already.
"Of course," Benn mutters, "It would be a damned shame if we ever knew what the hell was actually going on."
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

LATER, NEAR MIDNIGHT

WATCH BARRACKS

The party has made its plans and preparations, taken what little rest it can get, and now stands ready to move against Aldron Folbre.
The man from the Builders Guild comes into the party's temporary space in the Watch barracks. He announces he's ready and shows the map around again, before tucking the paper into his bag.

Adam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Adam »

"I'm ready to go," Alfonse says, snapping his spellbook closed.
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Adam wrote:"I'm ready to go," Alfonse says, snapping his spellbook closed.

DAMIEN (woken from a short nap he took after going out with Gertie) sits up in his cot.
He rubs his eyes.
"We're going now? Alright, signore. Are we walking?"
He tugs on his footgear.