RAVENLOFT: The One That Got Away, Chapter 3

Online roleplaying at the Café
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: RAVENLOFT: The One That Got Away, Chapter 3

Post by ewancummins »

Adam wrote:Bennedict creeps up to the edge of the burrow, pointing his crossbow down the entrance. He mutters a quick incantation of illumination, causing light to glow from the beam of the cocked and ready crossbow bolt.

With more light, the investigators see a little streak of dark reddish-brown along the lower surface of the tunnel. It looks a lot like something they've all seen before--dried blood.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
Lord Skybolt
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Lord Skybolt »

On discover of the tunnel he declares:"Before we go further, here are some gifts I know would be useful against undead to save us some material and spell resources ."As Alain is talking is he is pulling some 3 bracelets out of his pockets . Turning to Benn and Dorigo he presents one a piece to them . The last he gives to Benn to give to a perons he thinks may need it . After he hands those over, he shows* them how to use them .

*See OOC Post
"Evil only endures when good people remain silent ."
Tony inspired by Thomas Jefferson .
Adam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Adam »

Bennedict looks in confusion at the items as they're offered, but shrugs and slips one on after the explanation. "I hope we won't need them," he says. "If one of you wants it, you can have it."

He then looks back to the trail of blood in the ground. "Could be nothing. Even if it is Matyr, I would be on my guard. It's...not like him to leave such obvious clues."

He looks at the others. "Anyone want to check it out?"
"Of course," Benn mutters, "It would be a damned shame if we ever knew what the hell was actually going on."
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Sara addresses Alain with a smile and introduces herself to him. But she let her others more experienced companions do the searching. At the side of blood she sighs, it isn't something she doesn't expect to see after what she has heard these days. Getting closer to the tunnel she says:

"I can check it out, I can walk rather silently and hide if necessary. I can scout ahead and come back to report."

While waiting Benn's reply she tries to see if there are any footprints at the tunnel's entrance.
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

VAN wrote:Sara addresses Alain with a smile and introduces herself to him. But she let her others more experienced companions do the searching. At the side of blood she sighs, it isn't something she doesn't expect to see after what she has heard these days. Getting closer to the tunnel she says:

"I can check it out, I can walk rather silently and hide if necessary. I can scout ahead and come back to report."

While waiting Benn's reply she tries to see if there are any footprints at the tunnel's entrance.

Sara sees no footprints near the entrance.

The hole looks clear.

Dropping to her hands and knees with a light held out before her , she crawls into the gap in the earth.

Down the steeply descending burrow into the stones and soil...

VIEW CONTENT:
Sara makes her way through about two-body-lengths of tunnel and then clambers into a subterranean chamber with a low ceiling, about twelve to fifteen feet across and about the same lengthwise. It looks like a cellar, with masonry walls and peeling plaster, defaced with charcoal graffiti and rusty stains. The tunnel hole on the inside opens midway up one wall, so she can climb down with ease. When she gets inside and casts her light about, she sees that the mural on the all with the tunnel mouth: a huge face with red eyes and a gray-black beard. The tunnel opening is the monster-man's mouth. A jagged charcoal-smear crown rises atop the face's brow, the illustrated spikes adorned with crude drawings of impaled bodies.

Checking out the cellar , she discovers a trap door in the floor that leads to a smaller crawlspace. Blankets and sacks of food and other supplies fill part of the space, and the other part stands empty.

A bricked up doorway stands on the wall to the left of the face mural.

Several drainpipes run down from the corners of the room, but these are only big enough for rats and mice to use.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

RocEter
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by RocEter »

ewancummins wrote:THOM THE PRINTER

RocEter wrote:
"No, I am not bad." Thom says. "A friend of Juergin, after last night I thought I would come by see how he was doing."

''You stop. Me gets the Boss."

Rustling sounds in the back of the room.

Then, slowly, Juergin emerges into the dim edge of the lit floor.
Shadowy, small shapes move in the gloom behind him.

The youth does not wear his bandanna now. Tendrils extend from his lips and chin, writhing like worms in the cool, musty air.
He grimaces, revealing glinting rows of yellow, sharp teeth like some predatory fish.
A sword hilt sticks out of his coat as he shifts a bit closer to the light.

He coughs, then asks, "You want something?"
"I do indeed. I would I like to hire you for a job." He says.
History prefers legends to men. It prefers nobility to brutality, soaring speeches to quiet deeds. History remembers the battle and forgets the blood. What ever history remembers of me if it remembers me at all, it shall only be the fraction of the truth.
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

RocEter wrote:
ewancummins wrote:THOM THE PRINTER

RocEter wrote:
"No, I am not bad." Thom says. "A friend of Juergin, after last night I thought I would come by see how he was doing."

''You stop. Me gets the Boss."

Rustling sounds in the back of the room.

Then, slowly, Juergin emerges into the dim edge of the lit floor.
Shadowy, small shapes move in the gloom behind him.

The youth does not wear his bandanna now. Tendrils extend from his lips and chin, writhing like worms in the cool, musty air.
He grimaces, revealing glinting rows of yellow, sharp teeth like some predatory fish.
A sword hilt sticks out of his coat as he shifts a bit closer to the light.

He coughs, then asks, "You want something?"
"I do indeed. I would I like to hire you for a job." He says.

''Ja? What job?"

RocEter
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by RocEter »

Thom the Printer

''Ja? What job?"
"A fun one. Care to hear me out?" He says.

After Juergin agrees to hear what Thom has to offer, he continues on laying out the details of the job and the various different ways he is willing to pay him.

"So what do you say? Some breaking and Entering, a bit thievery, and some spying. Sounds like fun, yes?" He says while still standing in the door way.
History prefers legends to men. It prefers nobility to brutality, soaring speeches to quiet deeds. History remembers the battle and forgets the blood. What ever history remembers of me if it remembers me at all, it shall only be the fraction of the truth.
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Sara returns to the others and tell them what she found out.

"I don't like this thing at all, looks like a monster-man with a beard and all these drawings...something uncanny is going on down there."
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

THOM

RocEter wrote:Thom the Printer

''Ja? What job?"

After Juergin agrees to hear what Thom has to offer, he continues on laying out the details of the job and the various different ways he is willing to pay him.

"So what do you say? Some breaking and Entering, a bit thievery, and some spying. Sounds like fun, yes?" He says while still standing in the door way.

''I am not staying in this town."

Whispering from the darkness--not Juergin's voice, and so soft that Thom almost misses hearing it. He can't make our the words--it may not be a language he knows.

Then Juergin says,
'But I could use the money. My crew will do this job. You pay us half now, half when it's done. We'll get what you want for you, and fast, too. Real fast. Then I go.'

Adam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Adam »

Bennedict sighs. "Well, I guess we'd better at least check it out."

He turns to go down for a look.
"Of course," Benn mutters, "It would be a damned shame if we ever knew what the hell was actually going on."
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Adam wrote:Bennedict sighs. "Well, I guess we'd better at least check it out."

He turns to go down for a look.
Benn passes through two-body-lengths of tunnel and then clambers into a subterranean chamber with a low ceiling, about twelve to fifteen feet across and about the same lengthwise. It looks like a cellar, with masonry walls and peeling plaster, defaced with charcoal graffiti and rusty stains. The tunnel hole on the inside opens midway up one wall, so he can climb down with ease. When he gets inside and casts his light about, he sees that the mural on the all with the tunnel mouth: a huge face with red eyes and a gray-black beard. The tunnel opening is the monster-man's mouth. A jagged charcoal-smear crown rises atop the face's brow, the illustrated spikes adorned with crude drawings of impaled bodies.

He finds a trap door in the floor that leads to a smaller crawlspace. Blankets and sacks of food and other supplies fill part of the space, and the other part stands empty.

A bricked up doorway stands on the wall to the left of the face mural.

Several drainpipes run down from the corners of the room, but these are only big enough for rats and mice to use.

RocEter
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by RocEter »

ewancummins wrote:THOM

RocEter wrote:Thom the Printer

''Ja? What job?"

''I am not staying in this town."

Whispering from the darkness--not Juergin's voice, and so soft that Thom almost misses hearing it. He can't make our the words--it may not be a language he knows.

Then Juergin says,
'But I could use the money. My crew will do this job. You pay us half now, half when it's done. We'll get what you want for you, and fast, too. Real fast. Then I go.'

"Agreed." Thom says.

Pulling a small coin purse from his satchel, Thom tosses it to Juergin. "I look forward, to our next meeting." He says.

Thom steps out of the doorway back outside, closing the door behind him. Time for him to carry on with the rest of his plans, Thom makes his way to the docks.
Lord Skybolt
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Lord Skybolt »

Alain shrugs and follows Benn down the tunnel to see if can discovery any other entances in the chamber on hearing Sara description of it .
Last edited by Lord Skybolt on Thu Nov 24, 2016 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Evil only endures when good people remain silent ."
Tony inspired by Thomas Jefferson .
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Lord Skybolt wrote:Alain shrigs and follows Benn down the tunnel to see if can discovery any other entances in the chamber on hearing Sara description of it .

Entering the cellar room behind Benn, Alain finds the scholar poking about in a crawlspace at the far end, where a trap door opens in the floor.

Looking about the room, he sees the graffiti and the mural.

The picture around the tunnel mouth seems vaguely familiar.

Those bodies on the spiked crown
VIEW CONTENT:
remind him of someplace he's been.
And that writing looks a little like
VIEW CONTENT:
scrawls he saw on walls in a Falkovnian town. on his trip up to Darkon some years back