Mists over the Musarde OOC

Online roleplaying at the Café
User avatar
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 28523
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:35 pm

Post by ewancummins »

Just posted an image for you all.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
User avatar
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 28523
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:35 pm

Post by ewancummins »

Yes, I took into account that Dorgio only parted his fingers a bit. The critter is very small, very fast, and very good at squeezing through tight spots. I actaully made an Escape Artist roll for it. :)
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
User avatar
Brock Marsh Runoff
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 2303
Joined: Sat Jun 28, 2008 5:49 pm
Location: New Haven, CT

Post by Brock Marsh Runoff »

Ha, yeah, I should have known better; part of me even wondered if it was an undead mouse before Dorgio peeked.

Hmm, I wonder if this is what The Doc wanted from the Ratter's Guild?
"You said I killed you--haunt me, then!...Be with me always--take any form--drive me mad! only do not leave me in this abyss, where I cannot find you!” -Wuthering Heights
User avatar
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 28523
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:35 pm

Post by ewancummins »

Fear the Mouse!
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 12102
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 7:12 pm

Post by steveflam »

Okay so if we split up into three groups with three people who can detect magic, would that cover the hwole house pretty much, ewan?


NOrzak has 3 he can cast. Maybe people whoactually live on the house can team up with the casters a well. Show them where the best hiding spots would be?

Say Evie, Mr Sancerre and Charlotte?

Norzak with Jon. Maybe Dorgio with Alain and Benn with Cirdan? Just a thought guys ;)
User avatar
Adam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 3742
Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 8:24 pm
Location: Omaha, NE

Post by Adam »

I would bet that Dorgio's turn undead would pop the little things pretty efficiently.
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 12102
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 7:12 pm

Post by steveflam »

I bet you're right. And all he needs to do is concentrate! I'm not sure I like the idea of Sancerre vacating his home.
User avatar
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 28523
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:35 pm

Post by ewancummins »

tarlyn wrote:Okay so if we split up into three groups with three people who can detect magic, would that cover the hwole house pretty much, ewan?


NOrzak has 3 he can cast. Maybe people whoactually live on the house can team up with the casters a well. Show them where the best hiding spots would be?

Say Evie, Mr Sancerre and Charlotte?

Norzak with Jon. Maybe Dorgio with Alain and Benn with Cirdan? Just a thought guys ;)
Yes, that may well work.

Are the rest of you willing to try this plan? If so post here, or in IC, to that effect.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
User avatar
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 28523
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:35 pm

Post by ewancummins »

For the sake of moving on, I've assumed that the investigative types [aided by the servants] did a full sweep of the house]. I took 20 on Search checks for everyone. I also assumed DU spells being used, etc. The place seems to be clear.

Heads up- end of Interlude coming up soon. Get ready for Chapter Three, me hearties. :twisted:
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
User avatar
Adam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 3742
Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 8:24 pm
Location: Omaha, NE

Post by Adam »

/nudges plot forward.
User avatar
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 28523
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:35 pm

Post by ewancummins »

Adam wrote:/nudges plot forward.
Hehehe, good :wink:
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
User avatar
Brock Marsh Runoff
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 2303
Joined: Sat Jun 28, 2008 5:49 pm
Location: New Haven, CT

Post by Brock Marsh Runoff »

Hey guys, I'm finishing up with finals here, so I won't be able to post until Monday.
"You said I killed you--haunt me, then!...Be with me always--take any form--drive me mad! only do not leave me in this abyss, where I cannot find you!” -Wuthering Heights
User avatar
Le Noir Faineant
Rafe, Agent of the Fraternity
Rafe, Agent of the Fraternity
Posts: 4569
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2005 12:25 pm
Gender: Male
Location: Saint Grimmin’s-in-the-Wold

Post by Le Noir Faineant »

:shock: Run, Johnie, run! :wink:
User avatar
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 28523
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:35 pm

Post by ewancummins »

So...the burning question is this: is Jon about to be dubbed a knight, or stabbed in the freakin' neck? :twisted: :lol:
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
User avatar
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 28523
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:35 pm

Post by ewancummins »

Jmatyr's net access is down for a couple of days. He's asked me to post for him

I've rolled initiative for this scene-

Jon 20


Cirdan 7
Alain 9
Norzak 15
Benn 17
Dorgio 17

You may post in any order you like, for this scene. Initiative only really matters a lot if one of you is trying to stop Jon from running. Cirdan does NOT get an AoO [Jon's tumble fu saved him from that, luckily for him].


Note that an observer will see that Jon is moving very quickly. None of you have ever seen him move this fast, quick though he is.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
Post Reply