Mists over the Musarde OOC
- ewancummins
- Evil Genius

- Posts: 28523
- Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:35 pm
I have updated the scene. All PCs except sleepyhead [Jon] are currently in the gypsy camp. Who wants his fortune told? Is anyone doing something else?
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.
-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
Well if you read the Ravenloft: Carnival book, the carnie workers are basically a tribe of Vistani. On the other hand, it's likely that they'd just give the antagonist the evil eye and give them a painful and ironic curse that ends up turning them into a darklord, so let's hope that doesn't happen. Instead, I'm pulling for the end of Freaks. "We will make you one of us."Brock Marsh Runoff wrote:I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Vistani Justice is kind of like Carnie Justice.
- Brock Marsh Runoff
- Evil Genius

- Posts: 2303
- Joined: Sat Jun 28, 2008 5:49 pm
- Location: New Haven, CT
- Brock Marsh Runoff
- Evil Genius

- Posts: 2303
- Joined: Sat Jun 28, 2008 5:49 pm
- Location: New Haven, CT
Thanks. AFfC wasn't really the same without him. Hopefully we'll get the next book this fall though. Maybe.Lord Skybolt wrote:That's a great quote to use from the books of ICE and FIRE .
"You said I killed you--haunt me, then!...Be with me always--take any form--drive me mad! only do not leave me in this abyss, where I cannot find you!” -Wuthering Heights
- Le Noir Faineant
- Rafe, Agent of the Fraternity

- Posts: 4569
- Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2005 12:25 pm
- Gender: Male
- Location: Saint Grimmin’s-in-the-Wold
- Brock Marsh Runoff
- Evil Genius

- Posts: 2303
- Joined: Sat Jun 28, 2008 5:49 pm
- Location: New Haven, CT
A Game of Thrones is the first book in A Song of Ice and Fire. I know they've been talking about turning it into a series for a while, with one book per season. I hope it turns out, but considering they had to drop Deadwood after 3 seasons and Rome after 2 because of budget costs, I'm a little skeptical about how much a SoIaF series would cost.
"You said I killed you--haunt me, then!...Be with me always--take any form--drive me mad! only do not leave me in this abyss, where I cannot find you!” -Wuthering Heights
- ewancummins
- Evil Genius

- Posts: 28523
- Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:35 pm
Game of Thrones would make a great minisries, if the budget allowed for a decent adaptation.
EDIT- Expect the tarokka scene to proceed soon. I am digging out my deck.....
EDIT- Expect the tarokka scene to proceed soon. I am digging out my deck.....
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.
-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
- Le Noir Faineant
- Rafe, Agent of the Fraternity

- Posts: 4569
- Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2005 12:25 pm
- Gender: Male
- Location: Saint Grimmin’s-in-the-Wold
- Lord Skybolt
- Evil Genius

- Posts: 2368
- Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:11 pm
- Gender: Male
- Location: Portland,OR
I thinking that would be cool, I have to agree that if they do it they have to wait until the series is finished . Because I would not want Martin to be rushed to finish books because they are doing a series based on them .
"Evil only endures when good people remain silent ."
Tony inspired by Thomas Jefferson .
Tony inspired by Thomas Jefferson .
- ewancummins
- Evil Genius

- Posts: 28523
- Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:35 pm
True! Of course, if they start now, and they include all or most of the chapters in the adaptation..... They might have plenty of time. I'm deeply comitted to finishing the series, because it [aside from the occasional fanservice] is a freaking aweseome series! The brutality, treachery, epic scope,etc is great. Without giving anything away, Arya Stark is my favorite viewpoint character.Lord Skybolt wrote:I thinking that would be cool, I have to agree that if they do it they have to wait until the series is finished . Because I would not want Martin to be rushed to finish books because they are doing a series based on them .
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.
-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)


