Mists over the Musarde OOC

Online roleplaying at the Café
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 12102
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 7:12 pm

Post by steveflam »

So uh Norzak can't attack her with his weapon as it isn't magical. I bet shield will last long enough for her, so ruh-roh.
User avatar
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 28523
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:35 pm

Post by ewancummins »

tarlyn wrote:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2163149/


That gives a 14 for the attack, ewan. I doubt it hits!
Indeed, it does not hit.

So- Cirdan , Norzak, and Norzak's shadow have all gone this round. Dorgio has cast a spell- does he get to release the effect this round? Alain and Benn haven't yet gone. Alain will need help from someone to guide any attack- and he may need to get closer to Wolutha to have a real chance of hitting, being as he is blind.

Round two will begin with Wolutha's next action.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
User avatar
Brock Marsh Runoff
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 2303
Joined: Sat Jun 28, 2008 5:49 pm
Location: New Haven, CT

Post by Brock Marsh Runoff »

Nope, just casting the spell takes up Dorgio's standard action. He won't be able to release the spell until at least next round.
"You said I killed you--haunt me, then!...Be with me always--take any form--drive me mad! only do not leave me in this abyss, where I cannot find you!” -Wuthering Heights
User avatar
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 28523
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:35 pm

Post by ewancummins »

Brock Marsh Runoff wrote:Nope, just casting the spell takes up Dorgio's standard action. He won't be able to release the spell until at least next round.
That's what I had thought.
Well, I'll wait and see what Skybolt and Adam have planned for their PCs, then proceed to round 2.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
User avatar
JMaytr
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 1358
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:43 pm
Location: Portland, OR
Contact:

Post by JMaytr »

Let me know when I've returned to the group
"Seven Seals...Seven Rings...Seven Brides for the Scarlet King..."
User avatar
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 28523
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:35 pm

Post by ewancummins »

JMaytr wrote:Let me know when I've returned to the group
We'll say, final part of round 2. You'll need to use a move action to approach the scene of combat, and then you can do what you like [and are able to do, after having taken a move action].
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 12102
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 7:12 pm

Post by steveflam »

Doesnt Jon own a silver dagger? heheheheh
User avatar
JMaytr
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 1358
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:43 pm
Location: Portland, OR
Contact:

Post by JMaytr »

He does!

but this magic ray made him too fatigued to fight the witch... :arijani: :arijani:
"Seven Seals...Seven Rings...Seven Brides for the Scarlet King..."
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 12102
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 7:12 pm

Post by steveflam »

Sorry, Norzak was trying to keep VD alive :P

Well one of us healthy ones can use it he he he.
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 12102
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 7:12 pm

Post by steveflam »

And wouldn't a wereweasel be able to do damage to a ghost? Just a thought.
User avatar
Brock Marsh Runoff
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 2303
Joined: Sat Jun 28, 2008 5:49 pm
Location: New Haven, CT

Post by Brock Marsh Runoff »

I guess it's also possible that Dorgio's cold iron spear might be able to hurt her. He tried before to no effect, but I'll have to go back through the posts to see if it really was ineffective or if it just missed.

Of course, it's also possible that the cold iron spear was meant to be used on somebody else... :wink:


If all else fails, Dorgio's got a Magic Weapon spell tucked away, too.
"You said I killed you--haunt me, then!...Be with me always--take any form--drive me mad! only do not leave me in this abyss, where I cannot find you!” -Wuthering Heights
User avatar
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 28523
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:35 pm

Post by ewancummins »

Brock Marsh Runoff wrote:I guess it's also possible that Dorgio's cold iron spear might be able to hurt her. He tried before to no effect, but I'll have to go back through the posts to see if it really was ineffective or if it just missed.

Of course, it's also possible that the cold iron spear was meant to be used on somebody else... :wink:


If all else fails, Dorgio's got a Magic Weapon spell tucked away, too.
You've been saving a Magic Weapon spell?

EDIT- I just need to know what ALain is doing [if anything]. Then we're on to round two.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
User avatar
Brock Marsh Runoff
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 2303
Joined: Sat Jun 28, 2008 5:49 pm
Location: New Haven, CT

Post by Brock Marsh Runoff »

Yeah, originally I thought it would be useful for VD, but then I thought, "Nah, we don't want to end up <i>killing</i> the guy." Whoops!
"You said I killed you--haunt me, then!...Be with me always--take any form--drive me mad! only do not leave me in this abyss, where I cannot find you!” -Wuthering Heights
User avatar
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 28523
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:35 pm

Post by ewancummins »

Cirdan loses another point of STR.

I'm treating his actions like a knight's challenge.
It's pretty obvious that his intent is to draw fire so that the spellcasters can work their mojo.

Benn's weapon missed round one, but it will keep on keeping on.

I rolled for Alain,because I didn't want to slow things down and I couldn't get a hold of the player. Lucky SOB-I rolled a 16 to hit with a touch attack, and her cover/concealment roll was a lousy 65%- so he actually hit. That was disrupt undead. I based this action off PMs sent me by Skybolt.

Wolutha and Cirdan both just went for round two [of this fight]. The rest of you may go.
Last edited by ewancummins on Thu Jul 16, 2009 1:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 12102
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 7:12 pm

Post by steveflam »

Norzak gets 15 +3 so 18 to hit the ghost, if only the blade passes through her if it would hit.

Shadow gets 22 total to hit.
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2165412/

4 pts damage! http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2165416/

Oh well that should get her attention away from Cirdan.
Post Reply