Mists over the Musarde OOC

Online roleplaying at the Café
User avatar
Adam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 3742
Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 8:24 pm
Location: Omaha, NE

Post by Adam »

I'll be busy trying to wingman for Dorgio. Despite being one of the few to make an outward move towards the ladies in the game, he seems to have little luck with them. Maybe Benn can teach him a few things.
"Of course," Benn mutters, "It would be a damned shame if we ever knew what the hell was actually going on."
User avatar
Brock Marsh Runoff
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 2303
Joined: Sat Jun 28, 2008 5:49 pm
Location: New Haven, CT

Post by Brock Marsh Runoff »

Well we can't all be stone cold players like Benn. There's something about scholars that evil aristocrats and possibly evil chambermaids just can't get enough of. I'm sure he's got a lot of choice tips for Dorgio, like "don't accidentally remind the barmaid of the time she was brutally assaulted by Barovians," for starters.


Speaking of scholars, I just got comments back on my dissertation, so my posting may be slower in the next week or so while I address those changes. I won't drop off completely, but I'll probably have to limit myself to a post every day or every other day. I'll let y'all know once that's taken care of.
"You said I killed you--haunt me, then!...Be with me always--take any form--drive me mad! only do not leave me in this abyss, where I cannot find you!” -Wuthering Heights
User avatar
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 28523
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:35 pm

Post by ewancummins »

Good luck with the school work, Brock,


It's okay to post slowly- real life trumps the game!

This is an interlude, anyway, so it's not like the pressure is on. :wink:
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
User avatar
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 28523
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:35 pm

Post by ewancummins »

NOTE TO ALL PLAYERS-


This probably doesn't much affect any of your PCs, but I thought I'd let you know that I have modified blackpowder rules just a wee bit. Blackpowder/smokepowder will henceforth by made with the craft: alchemy skill; meaning that you must be a spell-caster to make the stuff( like other items made with alchemy).

This, along with other factors, helps explain why not everyone uses guns in Ravenloft. Some domains lack the resources, desire, or alchemical know-how to produce sizeable quantities of guns and powder.

Note that some kind of casting ability is required, but not necessarily levels in a given class. A feat that lets you work a few cantrips would be enough to qualify. NPC adepts work, too. So do rangers, bards, etc if they have access to spells. Alchemy is part petty magic, part science cloaked in esoteric rituals.

Lamordia, with it's anti-magic field/ cleavage between science and magic, doesn't work this way.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
User avatar
Le Noir Faineant
Rafe, Agent of the Fraternity
Rafe, Agent of the Fraternity
Posts: 4577
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2005 12:25 pm
Gender: Male
Location: Saint Grimmin’s-in-the-Wold

Post by Le Noir Faineant »

...And the board engine threw me off again. :?
User avatar
Le Noir Faineant
Rafe, Agent of the Fraternity
Rafe, Agent of the Fraternity
Posts: 4577
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2005 12:25 pm
Gender: Male
Location: Saint Grimmin’s-in-the-Wold

Post by Le Noir Faineant »

Shall I jump in into the interlude, or wait until that one is completed?
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 12102
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 7:12 pm

Post by steveflam »

Rafael wrote:...And the board engine threw me off again. :?
*Takes board engine outside and teaches it a lesson....*

Ok it should all be good now, Jeffe!
User avatar
Le Noir Faineant
Rafe, Agent of the Fraternity
Rafe, Agent of the Fraternity
Posts: 4577
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2005 12:25 pm
Gender: Male
Location: Saint Grimmin’s-in-the-Wold

Post by Le Noir Faineant »

Image
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 12102
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 7:12 pm

Post by steveflam »

JUmp right in![ the interlude not the coffee :P]
User avatar
Brock Marsh Runoff
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 2303
Joined: Sat Jun 28, 2008 5:49 pm
Location: New Haven, CT

Post by Brock Marsh Runoff »

Arkandale's holdin' it down for miasma theory!

Will post IC later tonight.
"You said I killed you--haunt me, then!...Be with me always--take any form--drive me mad! only do not leave me in this abyss, where I cannot find you!” -Wuthering Heights
User avatar
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 28523
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:35 pm

Post by ewancummins »

Brock Marsh Runoff wrote:Arkandale's holdin' it down for miasma theory!

Will post IC later tonight.
MIASMA!
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 12102
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 7:12 pm

Post by steveflam »

GO HABS GO! BAHAHHAAHH!
User avatar
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 28523
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:35 pm

Post by ewancummins »

Tarlyn- I've sent you a PM.


Raf- We can assume Dofur was napping, or at was maybe just half-asleep, when the cabin boy came by to bother him with rapid-fire questions. He may wake up fully and do as he likes, whenever you are able to post in the interlude.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
User avatar
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden
Posts: 6649
Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2003 9:53 am
Location: Italy // Greece

Post by VAN »

Too bad Raf wasn't here to play Dofur I would have liked to see his reaction at Samuel's questions :lol: Maybe he can repeat them to him sometime! :P
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
User avatar
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 28523
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:35 pm

Post by ewancummins »

VAN wrote:Too bad Raf wasn't here to play Dofur I would have liked to see his reaction at Samuel's questions :lol: Maybe he can repeat them to him sometime! :P
Iknow- I felt the same way! :wink:



The next chapter will begin sometime after I complete and finish my final term paper. Next Thursday at the soonest, I think.[/i]
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
Post Reply