Mists over the Musarde OOC
I'll be busy trying to wingman for Dorgio. Despite being one of the few to make an outward move towards the ladies in the game, he seems to have little luck with them. Maybe Benn can teach him a few things.
"Of course," Benn mutters, "It would be a damned shame if we ever knew what the hell was actually going on."
- Brock Marsh Runoff
- Evil Genius

- Posts: 2303
- Joined: Sat Jun 28, 2008 5:49 pm
- Location: New Haven, CT
Well we can't all be stone cold players like Benn. There's something about scholars that evil aristocrats and possibly evil chambermaids just can't get enough of. I'm sure he's got a lot of choice tips for Dorgio, like "don't accidentally remind the barmaid of the time she was brutally assaulted by Barovians," for starters.
Speaking of scholars, I just got comments back on my dissertation, so my posting may be slower in the next week or so while I address those changes. I won't drop off completely, but I'll probably have to limit myself to a post every day or every other day. I'll let y'all know once that's taken care of.
Speaking of scholars, I just got comments back on my dissertation, so my posting may be slower in the next week or so while I address those changes. I won't drop off completely, but I'll probably have to limit myself to a post every day or every other day. I'll let y'all know once that's taken care of.
"You said I killed you--haunt me, then!...Be with me always--take any form--drive me mad! only do not leave me in this abyss, where I cannot find you!” -Wuthering Heights
- ewancummins
- Evil Genius

- Posts: 28523
- Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:35 pm
Good luck with the school work, Brock,
It's okay to post slowly- real life trumps the game!
This is an interlude, anyway, so it's not like the pressure is on.
It's okay to post slowly- real life trumps the game!
This is an interlude, anyway, so it's not like the pressure is on.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.
-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
- ewancummins
- Evil Genius

- Posts: 28523
- Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:35 pm
NOTE TO ALL PLAYERS-
This probably doesn't much affect any of your PCs, but I thought I'd let you know that I have modified blackpowder rules just a wee bit. Blackpowder/smokepowder will henceforth by made with the craft: alchemy skill; meaning that you must be a spell-caster to make the stuff( like other items made with alchemy).
This, along with other factors, helps explain why not everyone uses guns in Ravenloft. Some domains lack the resources, desire, or alchemical know-how to produce sizeable quantities of guns and powder.
Note that some kind of casting ability is required, but not necessarily levels in a given class. A feat that lets you work a few cantrips would be enough to qualify. NPC adepts work, too. So do rangers, bards, etc if they have access to spells. Alchemy is part petty magic, part science cloaked in esoteric rituals.
Lamordia, with it's anti-magic field/ cleavage between science and magic, doesn't work this way.
This probably doesn't much affect any of your PCs, but I thought I'd let you know that I have modified blackpowder rules just a wee bit. Blackpowder/smokepowder will henceforth by made with the craft: alchemy skill; meaning that you must be a spell-caster to make the stuff( like other items made with alchemy).
This, along with other factors, helps explain why not everyone uses guns in Ravenloft. Some domains lack the resources, desire, or alchemical know-how to produce sizeable quantities of guns and powder.
Note that some kind of casting ability is required, but not necessarily levels in a given class. A feat that lets you work a few cantrips would be enough to qualify. NPC adepts work, too. So do rangers, bards, etc if they have access to spells. Alchemy is part petty magic, part science cloaked in esoteric rituals.
Lamordia, with it's anti-magic field/ cleavage between science and magic, doesn't work this way.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.
-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
- Le Noir Faineant
- Rafe, Agent of the Fraternity

- Posts: 4577
- Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2005 12:25 pm
- Gender: Male
- Location: Saint Grimmin’s-in-the-Wold
- Le Noir Faineant
- Rafe, Agent of the Fraternity

- Posts: 4577
- Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2005 12:25 pm
- Gender: Male
- Location: Saint Grimmin’s-in-the-Wold
- Le Noir Faineant
- Rafe, Agent of the Fraternity

- Posts: 4577
- Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2005 12:25 pm
- Gender: Male
- Location: Saint Grimmin’s-in-the-Wold
- Brock Marsh Runoff
- Evil Genius

- Posts: 2303
- Joined: Sat Jun 28, 2008 5:49 pm
- Location: New Haven, CT
- ewancummins
- Evil Genius

- Posts: 28523
- Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:35 pm
MIASMA!Brock Marsh Runoff wrote:Arkandale's holdin' it down for miasma theory!
Will post IC later tonight.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.
-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
- ewancummins
- Evil Genius

- Posts: 28523
- Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:35 pm
Tarlyn- I've sent you a PM.
Raf- We can assume Dofur was napping, or at was maybe just half-asleep, when the cabin boy came by to bother him with rapid-fire questions. He may wake up fully and do as he likes, whenever you are able to post in the interlude.
Raf- We can assume Dofur was napping, or at was maybe just half-asleep, when the cabin boy came by to bother him with rapid-fire questions. He may wake up fully and do as he likes, whenever you are able to post in the interlude.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.
-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
- ewancummins
- Evil Genius

- Posts: 28523
- Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:35 pm
Iknow- I felt the same way!VAN wrote:Too bad Raf wasn't here to play Dofur I would have liked to see his reaction at Samuel's questionsMaybe he can repeat them to him sometime!
The next chapter will begin sometime after I complete and finish my final term paper. Next Thursday at the soonest, I think.[/i]
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.
-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)


