Mists over the Musarde, Chapter Ten

Online roleplaying at the Café
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: Mists over the Musarde, Chapter Ten

Post by ewancummins »

The young watchman looks nervously about the room. His gaze falls on the captain of the gendarme detachment, who is slumped against the wall.

Jon has tried to bandage the officer's arrow wound, and the bleeding seems to have stopped. There's a lot of blood on the floor. The captain is pale as a sheet and still as a stone. His blank, glassy eyes stare into nothingness.

The young watchman speaks in a wavering voice-

''Euh...yes, we'll take the wounded and the dead and go. "
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
RocEter
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by RocEter »

Galandel lowers his bow and raises his free hand to forestall Baelmus. Getting up slowly and cautiously moves past the guard to Baelmus to examine his wounds.
History prefers legends to men. It prefers nobility to brutality, soaring speeches to quiet deeds. History remembers the battle and forgets the blood. What ever history remembers of me if it remembers me at all, it shall only be the fraction of the truth.
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Baelmus limps over meet to his master. He's wounded, but he'll likely live.

The two sword-wielding gendarmes do not throw down their weapons, but they don't move to attack. The man fighting Dofur steps away from the dwarf and cries out-

''Hold, enough! "

Thora has got the third man in a bear-hug, but he's still resisting her.

''Ummmppph, let go of me you crazy nain!"
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Thora belches rather profusely in the man's face before letting him go but being on guard. She looks around to see what is going on. "You really wanna see crazy, just go for yer blade an I'll show ya crazy ya ragamuffin." Thora is not sarcastic at all at her words.
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

tarlyn wrote:Thora belches rather profusely in the man's face before letting him go but being on guard. She looks around to see what is going on. "You really wanna see crazy, just go for yer blade an I'll show ya crazy ya ragamuffin." Thora is not sarcastic at all at her words.

The man backs away from Thora.

He looks down at the two dead men in the foyer- one whose throat has been ripped out by the elf's pet wolf, and the other shot through the breast.

The bearded gendarme glares at Thora, but doesn't speak a word.

Le Noir Faineant
Rafe, Agent of the Fraternity
Rafe, Agent of the Fraternity

Post by Le Noir Faineant »

Dofur barks like an angry bear, but lowers his warhammer.
"Thou son of a troll! Bakke off or be smitten!"
Brock Marsh Runoff
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Brock Marsh Runoff »

"Madness!" Dorgio goes to Jon and the captain, and checks for any signs of life. If he still breathes, the priest will use some of the last of his wavering energy to chant a simple prayer meant to stabilize the captain's condition.

[[OOC: Cure minor wounds]]
"You said I killed you--haunt me, then!...Be with me always--take any form--drive me mad! only do not leave me in this abyss, where I cannot find you!” -Wuthering Heights
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Brock Marsh Runoff wrote:"Madness!" Dorgio goes to Jon and the captain, and checks for any signs of life. If he still breathes, the priest will use some of the last of his wavering energy to chant a simple prayer meant to stabilize the captain's condition.

[[OOC: Cure minor wounds]]
Too late. The man has bled to death.

ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

The three surviving gendarmes gather the bloody corpses of their three fallen comrades.
The lift up the dead, scorning any offers of help, and leave the house. On the way out, the youngest of the three turns back to face the elf who killed his friends. Tears of rage and grief roll down his face-

''We won't forget this, you murdering bastard!"

He slams the door on his way out, still cursing.

Denys Sancerre has come in behind you all.
He watches the scene with a look of growing apprehension, and fairly jumps out of his skin at the young gendarme's parting words. The cloth-merchant looks over the bloody scene of the killings. His face goes white as a sheet.

He exclaims-

''Holy Ezra's name! What happened here?''

END OF CHAPTER TEN....but not yet the end of the story