Gargoyles anyone?

Discussing all things Ravenloft
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Gargoyles anyone?

Post by steveflam »

Are there any modules/adventures dealing with these cool creatures. Ravenloft or not.
Joël of the FoS

Re: Gargoyles anyone?

Post by Joël of the FoS »

tarlyn wrote:Are there any modules/adventures dealing with these cool creatures. Ravenloft or not.
In RL, I think you only have the cool Gargoyle at the Great Cathedral of Levkarest (article in the book of Sorrows 98), which is a personal fave. But not 100 % gargoyle :twisted:

It's in my campaign, a mystery / hook the players didn't bite yet.

On these monsters, you have a fun "ecology of" type of article in PF Classic Horrors Revisited.

Joël
"A full set of (game) rules is so massively complicated that the only time they were all bound together in a single volume, they underwent gravitational collapse and became a black hole" (Adams)
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Merci Beaucoup!

P,S I am next to make it to the big 5-0 mon vieux.
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

You also have Jester's rules for 5e that try to introduce Gargoyles as a rare but playable race.
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
Joël of the FoS

Post by Joël of the FoS »

tarlyn wrote:Merci Beaucoup!

P,S I am next to make it to the big 5-0 mon vieux.
Join the club, I'm in it since last Sept :)
"A full set of (game) rules is so massively complicated that the only time they were all bound together in a single volume, they underwent gravitational collapse and became a black hole" (Adams)
MichaelTumey
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by MichaelTumey »

I am sure it isn't what you're looking for, but Rite Publishing offers a playable race guide for Gargoyles as PCs or NPCs, called In the Company of Gargoyles. These gargoyles are more neutrally aligned than standard gargoyle monsters, that serve as sentinels for the gothic structures they inhabit and protect, crouched most of their lives atop the ramparts peaking over the street. Its a very interesting race of beings. There is a 20 level racial paragon class for this gargoyle. You can also find this product as part of an anthology of playable race guides called In the Company of Monsters that feature in addition to gargoyle: giants, ironborn (a construct race), minotaur, restless souls (a temporary respite from Death), and Wyrd (a half-breed mix of oni and elf). These were designed for use in Rite Publishing's Questhaven setting, though could be easily adapted to Ravenloft or any other setting.
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Gonzoron of the FoS »

It probably goes without saying, but Disney's Gargoyles series should be required viewing.

Not just for people using Gargoyles in Ravenloft/D&D. I mean for everyone. Every single person should watch it. Man, I miss that show.
"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Oh yes, that show rocked. That cast was really good, too.
Hazgarn
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Hazgarn »

Gonzoron of the FoS wrote:It probably goes without saying, but Disney's Gargoyles series should be required viewing.

Not just for people using Gargoyles in Ravenloft/D&D. I mean for everyone. Every single person should watch it. Man, I miss that show.
No character limit great enough for how much I agree. >.<
Deranged Comics Fan
Strife-monger
Daughter of a Troll
The Lesser Evil
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by The Lesser Evil »

I remember hearing about this one: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gargoyle_%28module%29 where the player characters are actually hired by gargoyles to retrieve their stolen wings. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like it's available for purchase in PDF form yet.

Although far from the central focus of the adventure, the final volume of the Iron Gods Pathfinder Adventure Path (The Divinity Drive) has:
VIEW CONTENT:
a race of gargoyles that have been given cyborg parts and rebuilt genetically by the intelligent, quasi-divine AI they worship
The Lesser Evil
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by The Lesser Evil »

Oh and there's this rather trippy blog post somebody wrote: http://basicredrpg.blogspot.com/2015/01 ... goyle.html (has some a few curse words that may or may not be NSFW).