The Ring 2 (spoilers)

Books, movies, television and everything else
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

The Ring 2 (spoilers)

Post by alhoon »

I really loved that movie. Even more than the first one.

Anyway, what you think of Samara?
I believe she is a semicorporeal 3rd rank ghost. Abilites:
- Energy drain (2 levels)
- imprint pictures on things (movies, thermographs, burning trees on walls, stamps on people's arms etc)
- malevolance (only if in a very-very special target and for a few moments to a doctor.)
Also the ghost has a really AWESOME manifestation (the water and the TV)

Allergens? Well Samara is a bit crippled. She has a ton of Allergens.

- Water and she is expelled from the creature she possesses.
- Copy the movie, show it and you are a free man (or woman, or boy)
- Animals just cannot tolerate her. They will either attack or even suicide at her presence. Perhaps this is only with deers and horses as she seems to have an issue with these animals.
- Sleep and she cannot watch behind your back (perhaps this is a red herring, since she seemed to have some knowledge)
- Close her in a well in the ethereal and she is trapped! (A real pity, that! However if she was after me or possessing someone I loved I would do the same.)
- Photos show her around or above the creature she possesses.

Since she has a thing with water and she seems pretty much evil, I would believe that holy water would be a real bane for her. A pity that nobody tested that.
Oh, and Man she climbs fast!
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
Wiccy of the Fraternity
Membre Retiré
Membre Retiré

Post by Wiccy of the Fraternity »

All I can say is that I am glad I decided to read Spiral again (this time in english) before deciding to write up Sadako, after reading that book I am now fully armed to write her up. Ah, even fans of the original trilogy will not be prepared for how Sadako was in the books :twisted:
Swallow your soul!
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

There are BOOKS about the Ring! ? !
GREAT!
Thank you Wiccy!
Emm. How are the Books named? Who is the author? Does he or she has an email to congratulate him or her?
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
Dr Bloodworth
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Post by Dr Bloodworth »

Ring
Spiral
Loop

And they're by Koji Suzuki, I believe is his name.
Better to betray the world, than for the world to betray me.
Jason of the Fraternity
Master of Illusion
Master of Illusion

Re: The Ring 2 (spoilers)

Post by Jason of the Fraternity »

alhoon wrote:I really loved that movie. Even more than the first one.
Really? While I enjoyed the second movie, I felt that Ring 2 tended to fall short in comparison to the first movie. I liked the fact that the movie went into more detail of what Samara was and what she could do, but the descriptions seemed to be thrown rather haphazardly into the plot. I might just need to watch the movie a second time to catch some of this, but the overall film seemed to lack a certain flow that the first movie had.
alhoon wrote:Anyway, what you think of Samara?
I would agree with most of your assessments, alhoon. I think that you've caught most of the aspects of Samara in your outline above.
[i]Pandemonium did not reign, it poured![/i]
Wiccy of the Fraternity
Membre Retiré
Membre Retiré

Post by Wiccy of the Fraternity »

Orang Santu wrote:Ring
Spiral
Loop

And they're by Koji Suzuki, I believe is his name.
Yep, Koji Suzuji is the authur, also, don't forget the fourth book, Ring - Basudei (Birthday). Just don't expect the books to be like the movies, they are vastly different. I read them a good while back in Japanese and am now collecting the english translations. The hard backs are also alot cheaper than regular hard backs, the UK editions costing £10 instead of £18 (which is the usul hard back price).

If anyone is interest, there is a tv series in Japan called Ring - The Finalle, have a look for it if you are interested.
Swallow your soul!
Jason of the Fraternity
Master of Illusion
Master of Illusion

Post by Jason of the Fraternity »

Wiccy of the Fraternity wrote:If anyone is interest, there is a tv series in Japan called Ring - The Finalle.
Have you seen any of the show, Wiccy? Would you consider the series better than, worse than, or equal in comparison to the Japanese versions of the movies?
[i]Pandemonium did not reign, it poured![/i]
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

I agree with alhoon, I liked the second movie more than the first one. In the second one Samara reveals more powers and weaknesses. She seems more like a ghost with personality, who cares only about what she wants, not only a ghost that kills you after 7 days.

I'm really curious to see what will happen to the third one! :P
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!