Which domain would you want to live in?

Discussing all things Ravenloft
Le Noir Faineant
Rafe, Agent of the Fraternity

Post by Le Noir Faineant »

Fido wrote:[quote="Desdichado]
If it was ME in person, then definitely Barovia or Tepest...

(Rafee's Real World Stats: CG Monk 4/ Sage 6/ Witch-Hunter 8... Yep, I am an EPIC person!)

Linky?
*Not sure if I understand that*

Well, I am a martial arts instructor --> Monk stats

I study literature --> Sage levels

I am chaotic evil, live near a forest, listen to heavy music, wear a lot of black clothes, do fencing, swordfight and other kinds of *medieval* martial arts frequently AND I wanted to include at least one Ravenloft unique PrC in my stat block. --> Witch Hunter :wink:

:lol:
JinnTolser
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by JinnTolser »

Maybe I'm overthinking this, but I don't fully understand the question. By asking which domain would I want to live in, do you mean if I lived in the Demiplane all my life, or if I walked out the door tomorrow morning and found myself in the Land of Mists?

If it were the latter, I'd definitely pick Mordent. It would be the easies to adjust to, what with a DL that has practically no presence in the day-to-day running of the land, a benevolent ruler, and a relatively peaceful lifestyle. Sure, there are ghosts everywhere, but it makes life interesting, no?

But if I had grown up in Ravenloft, I would perhaps pick Kartakass. I'm a musically inclined person, so I would enjoy that lifestyle, and as a native I would know which places not to go to avoid the wolfweres.
AdamGarou
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by AdamGarou »

*smirk*

They'd never let me anywhere near Kartakass--I couldn't carry a tune if it had a handle. In fact, my singing voice might be considered a pseudo-magical ability--one that would cause canines within 100' to howl along with me, while repelling all bards, wolfwere or otherwise, who would have to make a Fort save or move away from me at their maximum movement rate for at least 3 rounds. :wink: :P

On the other hand, if spoken word performances are in vogue, or if I'd be able to make a living as a writer of novels and plays, it might not be so bad... I've been told I do a pretty good Darth Vader impression just with my day-to-day speaking voice.

If I were to walk out my front door tomorrow and find myself in the demiplane, I'd probably be found somewhere in Lamordia. I prefer cold weather to hot weather (though I live in the wrong part of the world for that), and Adam and Mordenheim are too busy with their own personal quests of making each other miserable to bother me. That, and Mordenheim is probably the closest to making many of the modern conveniences on which I depend so much.

If I'd been born in the demiplane, maybe I'd be a Forfarian. My family is supposed to have some Irish and Scottish roots, mixed with some English and German--and there are a LOT of redheads in my family tree.

Of course, Forlorn being what it is, I'd probably have left a long time ago. :wink:
“I let out a battle cry. Sure, a lot of people might have mistaken it for a sudden yelp of unmanly fear, but trust me. It was a battle cry.”
― Harry Dresden
Dominique
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Dominique »

I'm totally joining the Kartakass Club. :wink: I love music and storytelling, and the people in Kartakass tend to be a genuinely happy and friendly lot. Of course, I wouldn't come near Skald for a million gold pieces . . . but living in a small village and making sure that the doors are firmly bolted at night doesn't sound like such a bad arrangement.
"I'd really love a cup of tea, but it would be, like, blood or death or evil or something."
~Matteo Brazi, Borcan thief, Day 3 of Bleak House
Jester of the FoS
Jester of the Dark Comedy
Jester of the Dark Comedy

Post by Jester of the FoS »

Lamordia wouldn't be too bad. Climate can't be any worse than Canada. But I'd probably go for Mordent as well. I long for the moors and fogs of my Scottish ancestors.
Cole Deschain
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Cole Deschain »

Malken/Ezekiel wrote:I'm more partial to tea and biscuits than cabbage and mutton. :P
And whaddya think the "brits" eat? ;)

Anyway, I'll take bratwurst over kidney pie any day of the week...
Go tell the Spartans, thou who passest by,
That here, obedient to their laws, we lie.
Ryan Naylor
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Ryan Naylor »

There's not a single donmain I can think of that I'd like to live in.

If pushed, I'd go for Lamordia or Mordent. If I could be a native and had some desire to be a peasant farmer, I'd go for Staunton Bluffs.
tec-goblin
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by tec-goblin »

I think I could live in Dementlieu, visiting Lamordia the summer. You know, technology, not much of religion, speaking french. It doesn't sound that bad...

But I wouldn't like Lamordia the way it is IMC (skaven infested!)
BEAUTIFUL IS!
CHAOS
too DIM MJLTIVERSE
IS TO NOTICE
MOST THE OF.
Drinnik Shoehorn
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Drinnik Shoehorn »

I'd go for Staunton Bluffs too, it's the easiest option. Of course, I'd like to try my hand at Richmulot. I want to see if I really do have the gift of the gab that my friends claim I do.
"Blood once flowed, a choice was made
Travel by night the smallest one bade" The Ballad of the Taverners.
The Galen Saga: 2000-2005
Lucius
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Post by Lucius »

Dementlieu, Lamordia, Mordent...
Fido
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Post by Fido »

Desdichado wrote:
Fido wrote:[quote="Desdichado]
If it was ME in person, then definitely Barovia or Tepest...

(Rafee's Real World Stats: CG Monk 4/ Sage 6/ Witch-Hunter 8... Yep, I am an EPIC person!)

Linky?
*Not sure if I understand that*

Well, I am a martial arts instructor --> Monk stats

I study literature --> Sage levels

I am chaotic evil, live near a forest, listen to heavy music, wear a lot of black clothes, do fencing, swordfight and other kinds of *medieval* martial arts frequently AND I wanted to include at least one Ravenloft unique PrC in my stat block. --> Witch Hunter :wink:

:lol:

Thought it was some online statgenerator or something :) Your name is Rafee or something?
Le Noir Faineant

Post by Le Noir Faineant »

:D

Yeah, my name is Rafael I (ought to) fit the upper stats (at least someway)!
Wiccy of the Fraternity
Membre Retiré
Membre Retiré

Post by Wiccy of the Fraternity »

If I could live in any single domain, it would have to be Invidia, just so I could try to seduce Gabby *drools*
Swallow your soul!
Corrupted_Loremaster
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Corrupted_Loremaster »

Wiccy of the Fraternity wrote:If I could live in any single domain, it would have to be Invidia, just so I could try to seduce Gabby *drools*
Hmm...about as certain a way to die as telling Drakov he couldn't even lead the conquest of a sandbox, but likely a much more enjoyable one. Nice choice.
I think we're property...
That once upon a time, this earth was No-man's Land...but that now it's owned by Something:
That Something (now) owns this earth -- all others warned off. -Charles Fort
Blackjack
Conspirator
Conspirator

Property investment

Post by Blackjack »

Valachan, and i'd get me some big dogs (mastiffs). They'd piss everywhere and keep the cats away.
beware the moon, and stay off the moors.