Page 83 of 277

Posted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 5:40 pm
by steveflam
Adam wrote:*hint* Ewan wants us to go to the Grim Bastion now. */hint*
So he can unfurl his evil plan to kill us all, I know.

Posted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:17 pm
by steveflam
So after pm with boss, Norzak gets a silver short sword. Though t we had to commission someone to make us silver weapons. Ho hum.....

Posted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:25 pm
by ewancummins
tarlyn wrote:So I just want to say. We are rushing to get the gold but in effect, can't get any silver weapons cause we're in a hurry after all. Scratches head thoughtfully. If we can't get anything, then Norzak will not take anything from the note. The gold from teh chest will be put to a bank. After that, he'll refuse Denys gold.

He'll suggest to Benn to keep the note as we can't get any silver weapons anyways. The note from Jackie is exactly for that purpose, to equip us for the sewers, no?
I never said you couldn't get any silver weapons. I said you could freely purchase silver daggers, arrows ,and bolts. I suppose short sword might be reasonable , as well- as some of those are just very big daggers. Longswords, greatswords, maces, etc are all out. those are less common and would require a comission. A stout hardwood walking stick with a silver head/knob counts as a club.

Posted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:26 pm
by steveflam
ewancummins wrote:The interlude has ended. Chapter three has begun. It is the next day. eveyone had rested, is at full hit points, has had an opportunity to prepare spells,etc.

Split six ways, the money from the chest comes out to 100 GP for each of you. Denys will add 50 gp for any party member who desires it. If Benn uses the letters of credit he was given by Madam Renier, then that gives the party up to [not each of you individually] another 1000gp.

Any equipment you wanted, within reason, has been purchased and brought to the Sancerre home. Silver longswords and other large wepaons would need to be comissioned in advance, but knives, arrows,etc are reasonable. Any adventuring supplies from the PHB can be had at the PHB prices- except the everburning torch. Alchemical items are fine.


Any shopping may be assumed to have been done before the first post of Chapter Three.

Edit-

So I am right. Silver would need to be commissioned in advance! Oh well :P

Posted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:28 pm
by ewancummins
tarlyn wrote:
ewancummins wrote:The interlude has ended. Chapter three has begun. It is the next day. eveyone had rested, is at full hit points, has had an opportunity to prepare spells,etc.

Split six ways, the money from the chest comes out to 100 GP for each of you. Denys will add 50 gp for any party member who desires it. If Benn uses the letters of credit he was given by Madam Renier, then that gives the party up to [not each of you individually] another 1000gp.

Any equipment you wanted, within reason, has been purchased and brought to the Sancerre home. Silver longswords and other large wepaons would need to be comissioned in advance, but knives, arrows,etc are reasonable. Any adventuring supplies from the PHB can be had at the PHB prices- except the everburning torch. Alchemical items are fine.


Any shopping may be assumed to have been done before the first post of Chapter Three.

Edit-

So I am right. Silver would need to be commissioned in advance! Oh well :P
Read my last post. I clarify in case there's any confusion about what you can buy before Chapter 3 kicks off. Norzak can have found, possibly through his dwarven buddies, a silver poignard[ shortsword].

Posted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 6:17 pm
by JMaytr
A gatherinfo check could possibly reveal someone who has an item or two...


Which Jon does. Gathers info with the dwarven ratcatcher Stoneguts. He buys some caltrops, a nightsuit, and some door spikes. He buys 50' of rope and cure light potion. Jon also picks up some flash powder and some blinding powder. And a bottle of Borcan Brim Bubbly :twisted:

Maybe Stoneguts knows some folks willing to sell silver weapons?

Posted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 6:19 pm
by steveflam
Norzak got some from his dwarven contacts I think. He almost lives at that Dwarvish pub after all :D

Posted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:51 am
by Lord Skybolt
So is Raph going to post more than the bump in statement . And what does that mean any way ?

Posted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 4:04 pm
by ewancummins
Okay

PCs stayed the night with Sancerre, or showed up early, have already met Buckman [he arrived last night, as the luncheon/dinner was in progress, but after I cut scene].


I am assuming all PCs [including Cirdan] aree together. I will post you guys going to the GB [I'm assuming this is still the party's chosen course of action] soon- probably later tonight.

In other news, I have only one test left, and I WILL STOMP ON THAT ONE TOMORROW MORNING. :)

EDIT- And yes, Buckman is a new PC.

Posted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 5:12 pm
by ewancummins
tarlyn wrote:
Adam wrote:*hint* Ewan wants us to go to the Grim Bastion now. */hint*
So he can unfurl his evil plan to kill us all, I know.
Have you been reading my notes again? :twisted:

Posted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 5:34 pm
by steveflam
Yes I have been reading your notes once more........ :shock:

Posted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 2:42 am
by ewancummins
Oh good, then what happens next won't be s surprise for you.... :twisted: :twisted:

Anyhoo, Corey [the guy playing Buckman] may not be able to post today. He's Jmaytr's roommate, and I think their internet service may be down or on the fritz, ATM. His dude can be an NPC in between now and when he's able to post, if ncessary. Let us move on with the game.

You guys are at the Bastion now- so proceed as you like. I can answer questions, if you have some.

Posted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 10:30 am
by Le Noir Faineant
Sorry for the delay, friends. Have been busy the last few days. Will get back at you tomorrow.

- Also, don't think that I have forgotten that I oew you an updated charsheet, Ewan! :)

Posted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 2:19 pm
by JMaytr
For some reason Corey cant log in yet, though it shows him as the newest registered member (Clee). He never got the confirmation email (we made sure to check his spam settings). He might have to make a new account or something.

Jonathan of course ran cause he's used to adults taking advantage of him.

Posted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 6:25 pm
by ewancummins
JMaytr wrote:For some reason Corey cant log in yet, though it shows him as the newest registered member (Clee). He never got the confirmation email (we made sure to check his spam settings). He might have to make a new account or something.

Jonathan of course ran cause he's used to adults taking advantage of him.
Jon ran alongside or behind the coach the whole way? That's fine.