Page 92 of 277
Posted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:07 pm
by ewancummins
tarlyn wrote:Norzak 19 spot check ewan, sent you the roll as always

Oh- you definitely spot the bear!
Of course, at this point, every else does too!

Posted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:20 pm
by Adam
I'm readying an action to jump backwards through the portal, holding onto the rope, if something attacks me.
Posted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:44 pm
by steveflam
ewan, has Norzak seen this same bear before or not?
Posted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 5:05 pm
by ewancummins
Adam wrote:I'm readying an action to jump backwards through the portal, holding onto the rope, if something attacks me.
Roger that.
Posted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 12:19 am
by Lord Skybolt
Ewan how long can I keep loaded and ready to fire pistol on Alain's person safely .
Posted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:22 am
by ewancummins
Lord Skybolt wrote:Ewan how long can I keep loaded and ready to fire pistol on Alain's person safely .
Loaded and primed,eh? Well, you can do that more or less indefinitely.
You just close the frizzen over the flashpan. Of course, one should occasionally check the pan to make sure the priming powder there is both dry and in place.
Getting your powder wet= you are holding a high tech billy club.
Losing your priming= weapon won't fire until it is reprimed [standard action].
Storing the guns in a cool dry place is always a good idea- especially if they are loaded.
NOTE- I assume the use of paper cartridges in loading. Otherwise, it would be a bit slower. Paper cartridge technology is used in all of the advanced dmoains, including Richemulot.
Posted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:25 am
by ewancummins
tarlyn wrote:ewan, has Norzak seen this same bear before or not?
Nope.
Posted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:31 am
by Lord Skybolt
How much powder and shot did I get for the pistols ?
Posted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:31 am
by ewancummins
In case there was some confusion: no one on the vale side [bear ,woods, sunlight,etc] can see a portal. Looking up, there's just open sky above you. There is no sign of the portal: no hole in the sky, no black disk, nothing.
Benn, still on the Grim Bastion side, sees the black disk of the pool-portal. It is OPAQUE. He cannot see through it. He cannot hear or otherwise perecive anything occuring in the vale [and those of you in the vale, obviously, cannot perecive anything happening to Benn].
I did not forget about the rope. It is NOT dangling down in mid air over the vale, that's for sure.
Posted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:32 am
by ewancummins
Lord Skybolt wrote:How much powder and shot did I get for the pistols ?
10 rounds of powder and shot
Posted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:33 am
by Lord Skybolt
For each pistol ?
Posted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:37 am
by ewancummins
Lord Skybolt wrote:For each pistol ?
No, it's ten rounds total. The ammo is in ten little paper tubes, like cigarillos.
[Normally, for a duel, one would use loose powder and shot from the same source, to avoid even the appearance of cheating or unfair variables. Denys gave you ammo in a more convenient form.]
Because you had a little time before the party actually left for the Bastion [the second time] we may assume you puchased more ammo and powder, if you like. 1 gp per shot's worth of material. The limit is...let's say 20 rounds. You'd need a cartidge box for carrying those, or a bandoller. Either one can be had for 2 gp [3 gp for semi-waterproofed with wax or oilskin covers].
Posted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:39 am
by Lord Skybolt
Just wanted to be clear and I shall edited the post about what Alain sees .
Posted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:41 am
by ewancummins
Lord Skybolt wrote:Just wanted to be clear and I shall edited the post about what Alain sees .
Roger that.
Posted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:08 pm
by Adam
ewancummins wrote:
I did not forget about the rope. It is NOT dangling down in mid air over the vale, that's for sure.
I was just about to ask that. You can roll a spot for me to try and see whether the rat has anything interesting, or just a silver piece.