LOST TRAILS OOC

Online roleplaying at the Café
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: LOST TRAILS OOC

Post by ewancummins »

The entire surface of the oil lantern begins to glow with a soft golden light. The light grows stronger and dispels the gloom of the archive chamber.

A familiar voice comes from behind Benn,

''It's just me, Van Willen. I've brought some books to show you.''
"Oh, oh very good. Heh," the archivist laughs, wiping his brow with a handkerchief. "I guess I'm a little jumpy. Was anyone else down here with us?"

He hurries over to the desk, clearing some papers off to the side to leave a space for Van Willen to set down the books.
As Benn turns to clear the table, an unfamiliar voice answers in a hollow tone-

''YES.''

Van Willen jerks violently and falls forward to lie face down on the stone floor- an ivory handled scalpel protruding from the back of his neck, just below the base of the skull.

Looming over the prone form of Van Willen stands a tall, lean man in a long black coat. Only his bald head, gaunt face, and long-fingered hands are exposed. His skin has a most unwholesome pallor to it- contrasting sharply with the colorful glyphs tattooed on his bare scalp. The strange man smiles, revealing a mouth full of even, perfectly white teeth.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

Ewan, I think that was posted in the wrong thread.

Also: I start a 12-hours per day course tomorrow for a week. I will be largely absent.
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

It was an section from the early adventures of Benn and company. Mists over the Musarde.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

BENN

scholarly research on dragons

KATRIN

rumor-mongering, petty bribery, eavesdropping

gather info

listen

ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Sir Clive presumably continues training Tonio. If the player tells me something else, I'll make it so.

Alhoon says he will be out for a while. But he's given his PC's intent.
Therefore

sense motive

gather info

This represents some low-key investigation: questioning locals and snooping about, looking for anyone who'd want to steal the Orb of Savras or murder Master Porphyrio Cadorna.

ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Klokulf looking for a friend

ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

spot

hide

move silent

mugging attack

ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

The attack does no damage. It could have been a very nasty sneak attack and possibly a crit.

Klokulf: surprised and suffering flanked and flat-footed penalties

Milk-drinker: readied action= sneak attack with dagger

ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

spot

That ring looks just like Klokulf's own, at least from this angle of view. The position is rather awkward.

Adam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Adam »

BENN

scholarly research on dragons

ewancummins rolled 1 20-sided dice:
Ah, the crowd favorite "Benn is terrible at the one thing he's supposed to be good at" moment.
"Of course," Benn mutters, "It would be a damned shame if we ever knew what the hell was actually going on."
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

The dice gawds are fickle and sometimes cruel.

ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

survival

profession: boatman

spot

---

hide

ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

INITIATIVE

LONGARMS, 3

PARTY

Monsters move and attack.

vs Rowan

from behind, a hit

3 +6

random PC

random PC

attack # 1 versus

1 Katrin
2 Benn
3 Raen
4 Alain
5 Sir Clive
6 Klokulf

7 plus 6

12 points, which is just a nasty scratch for a character of his level, even a mage.

Better clean that out, if you survive.

Okay, all PCs can act.

ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Benn can see that these things look very similar to the river-troll the party battled in the Vast Swamp not long after arriving in this strange world.

ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

NOTE

Current date is Marpenoth 21st, well in autumn.

Trees are dropping red and gold leaves all over the place and the weather has grown damp and cold. Frosty in the morning.

I will wait for everyone to post.