Page 104 of 277

Posted: Mon May 04, 2009 12:02 pm
by ewancummins
I have updated the scene. All PCs except sleepyhead [Jon] are currently in the gypsy camp. Who wants his fortune told? Is anyone doing something else?

Posted: Mon May 04, 2009 12:29 pm
by Adam
Brock Marsh Runoff wrote:I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Vistani Justice is kind of like Carnie Justice.

Image
Well if you read the Ravenloft: Carnival book, the carnie workers are basically a tribe of Vistani. On the other hand, it's likely that they'd just give the antagonist the evil eye and give them a painful and ironic curse that ends up turning them into a darklord, so let's hope that doesn't happen. Instead, I'm pulling for the end of Freaks. "We will make you one of us."

Posted: Tue May 05, 2009 10:57 am
by Adam
I've never gotten a tarrokka reading in any game. So count me in.

Posted: Tue May 05, 2009 6:05 pm
by Brock Marsh Runoff
Adam wrote:I've never gotten a tarrokka reading in any game. So count me in.
Same here.

Posted: Tue May 05, 2009 6:06 pm
by steveflam
Ditto here as well.

Posted: Tue May 05, 2009 7:08 pm
by Brock Marsh Runoff
Lord Skybolt wrote:That's a great quote to use from the books of ICE and FIRE .
Thanks. AFfC wasn't really the same without him. Hopefully we'll get the next book this fall though. Maybe.

Posted: Wed May 06, 2009 3:24 am
by Le Noir Faineant
Sure Cirdan wants to get his future told!

Posted: Thu May 07, 2009 6:32 am
by JMaytr
so who else has heard that HBO is developing Game of Thrones as their new series? I just read it in Variety.

Posted: Thu May 07, 2009 6:48 am
by steveflam
What's Game of Thrones?

Posted: Thu May 07, 2009 9:47 am
by Brock Marsh Runoff
A Game of Thrones is the first book in A Song of Ice and Fire. I know they've been talking about turning it into a series for a while, with one book per season. I hope it turns out, but considering they had to drop Deadwood after 3 seasons and Rome after 2 because of budget costs, I'm a little skeptical about how much a SoIaF series would cost.

Posted: Thu May 07, 2009 1:43 pm
by ewancummins
Game of Thrones would make a great minisries, if the budget allowed for a decent adaptation.

EDIT- Expect the tarokka scene to proceed soon. I am digging out my deck..... :twisted:

Posted: Thu May 07, 2009 3:20 pm
by Le Noir Faineant
ewancummins wrote:Game of Thrones would make a great minisries, if the budget allowed for a decent adaptation.
Image

Whatcha mean by "decent"?

Posted: Thu May 07, 2009 4:22 pm
by steveflam
Rafael wrote:
ewancummins wrote:Game of Thrones would make a great minisries, if the budget allowed for a decent adaptation.
Image

Whatcha mean by "decent"?


MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM..... Xena ........ Gabrielle............ Bwahahahaha!!!!!!

Posted: Sun May 10, 2009 6:40 am
by Lord Skybolt
I thinking that would be cool, I have to agree that if they do it they have to wait until the series is finished . Because I would not want Martin to be rushed to finish books because they are doing a series based on them .

Posted: Sun May 10, 2009 3:23 pm
by ewancummins
Lord Skybolt wrote:I thinking that would be cool, I have to agree that if they do it they have to wait until the series is finished . Because I would not want Martin to be rushed to finish books because they are doing a series based on them .
True! Of course, if they start now, and they include all or most of the chapters in the adaptation..... They might have plenty of time. I'm deeply comitted to finishing the series, because it [aside from the occasional fanservice] is a freaking aweseome series! The brutality, treachery, epic scope,etc is great. Without giving anything away, Arya Stark is my favorite viewpoint character.