Your wish granted...with a twist (part 2)

Books, movies, television and everything else
Jack of Tears
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

re

Post by Jack of Tears »

I wish I had more wishes.
Granted, unfortunately you're caught in a perpetual loop where you can only wish for more wishes.

I wish Gary Gygax weren't dead. I'd settle for undead.
cure
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: re

Post by cure »

Jack of Tears wrote: I wish Gary Gygax weren't dead. I'd settle for undead.
Granted. You now have bad hair and really bad pants and shirt. The year is 1970.

I wish that there was a convincing film adaptation of a Lovecraft story. (No Reanimator is not convincing)
The cure for what ails you
Jack of Tears
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

re

Post by Jack of Tears »

I wish that there was a convincing film adaptation of a Lovecraft story. (No Reanimator is not convincing)
Granted, watch Dagon. If you're still not satisfied, then you quickly find yourself caught in the midst of the newest reality show sweaping the nation - Arkham Adventures.

Being that I'm living in the 70's - again - I wish I have the foresight to invest in an up and coming little company called microsoft.
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

Granted! You have the foresight... but not the money.

I wish I had the whole lot of the 4th edition books planned for 2008 and 2009.
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
Rotipher of the FoS
Thieving Crow
Thieving Crow

Post by Rotipher of the FoS »

Granted. However, they're the 4th Edition books for Bunnies & Burrows, rather than D&D.

I wish the scalpels in my students' dissecting kits came pre-assembled, so I didn't have to show them how to attach blades to handles.

(No twists involving scalpel-inflicted injuries, please: I've heard such jokes a million times from the lab coordinator. :roll: )
"Who [u]cares[/u] what the Dark Powers are? They're [i]bastards![/i] That's all I need to know of them." -- Crow
cure
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by cure »

[quote="Rotipher of the FoS"]I wish the scalpels in my students' dissecting kits came pre-assembled, so I didn't have to show them how to attach blades to handles.

Granted. Pre-assembled? Yes. Free of dried blood and gore? No.

I wish that S would get help for her drinking problem.
JinnTolser
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by JinnTolser »

Granted! Strahd catches her and turns her into a vampire. Now S has a blood drinking problem.

I wish I could stop wishing for more wishes and wish for something else.
cure
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by cure »

JinnTolser wrote:I wish I could stop wishing for more wishes and wish for something else.
The Dark Powers take pity on you and grant you your choice of the following:

(a) Wish for a world in which all restaurants are Taco Bells;
(b) Wish for a world in which all films feature Ben Stiller;
(c) Wish for a world in which all music is sung by Britney Spears, when sane, and by Cher, when not;
(d) Wish for a world in which all government is by Cthulhu.
(e) Keep wishing for all eternity for more wishes.

I wish that the contents of the Kargatane.com boards could be retrieved.
JinnTolser
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by JinnTolser »

Easy, I pick this option:
cure wrote: (a) Wish for a world in which all restaurants are Taco Bells;
Now, if you'd said White Castle, I'd have had to keep wishing for more wishes.
I wish that the contents of the Kargatane.com boards could be retrieved.
Granted! A cache is discovered that contains every post ever made on the Kargatane message boards... but it's translated into ancient Aramaic.

I wish that the Watchmen movie would prove to be a perfectly faithful translation of the original source material, with no significant details or plot points left out.
Rotipher of the FoS
Thieving Crow
Thieving Crow

Post by Rotipher of the FoS »

Granted. The script is perfectly faithful to the storyline, with no omissions or inaccuracies. Too bad the action-scenes are so boring, and the acting so wooden, you might as well be watching paint dry.... :roll:

I wish my car didn't keep indicating its doors are ajar when they're not.
"Who [u]cares[/u] what the Dark Powers are? They're [i]bastards![/i] That's all I need to know of them." -- Crow
Jack of Tears
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

re

Post by Jack of Tears »

Granted, Taco Bell has been bought out by the White Castle corporation and changed its menus accordingly - it is now only Taco Bell in name.

Oh, and as a side note, it is discovered that you actually suffer from a form of delusion which causes you to believe your doors are closed when, in actuallity, you have no doors. Unfortunately, in curing you of the delusion you are also forced to realize that your friends and family are all dead - having fallen out of your doorless car while driving and become victims of your second delusion - that seatbelts work best when undone on the freeway.

I wish my college homework would all do itself, at an appropriate level of skill for my grade, and allow me to take the credit.
JinnTolser
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by JinnTolser »

Granted! Your homework all does itself in flawless Russian, at a level of skill appropriate to your grade level. Were you going to school in Russia, you'd be a straight-A student.

I wish gasoline prices would drop back down to $1.15 per gallon and remain there indefinitely, and that the supply would be enough to ensure that there were no shortages whatsoever.
InVinoVeritas
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Post by InVinoVeritas »

Granted! Massive deflation occurs, resulting in further loan defaults, credit crunches, and everyone moves to a cash basis. This causes such a contraction in the economy that unemployment skyrockets, and wages crash for everyone else. Gas is now $1.15 a gallon, but filling your tank takes a week's wages, if you have any.

I wish I could consciously regulate my hormone levels.
JinnTolser
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by JinnTolser »

Granted! You have perfect control over your internal hormone levels... after spending six hours concentrating, you can change the exact level of one individual hormone. For the next six hours.

I wish it would rain rotten halibut in Washington DC for the next two days.
WolfKook
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by WolfKook »

Rotipher of the FoS wrote:Granted. The script is perfectly faithful to the storyline, with no omissions or inaccuracies. Too bad the action-scenes are so boring, and the acting so wooden, you might as well be watching paint dry.... :roll:
WOW!!! Roti has the sight!!!!!
JinnTolser wrote:I wish it would rain rotten halibut in Washington DC for the next two days.
Granted! And as an added bonus, you're instantly transported to Washington DC to see it for yourself... So sad that the cloud stays just above you...

I wish more people became interested in the Ravenloft Reanimated project...
"The road of excess leads to the palace of wisdom"
William Blake