Mists over the Musarde OOC

Online roleplaying at the Café
User avatar
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 28523
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:35 pm

Post by ewancummins »

So, what's your plan, heroes? :twisted:
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 12102
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 7:12 pm

Post by steveflam »

Ok do we look for VD or head back to the keep with Hemlock and a plan?

Btw does either Benn or Dorgio have a spell to remove Alain's blindness?

Thought I'd ask, heh! But I don;t think so cause they'd of already cast it!
User avatar
JMaytr
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 1358
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:43 pm
Location: Portland, OR
Contact:

Post by JMaytr »

lets stay here and wait for van dieks to attack us. and get the witch with the hemlock
"Seven Seals...Seven Rings...Seven Brides for the Scarlet King..."
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 12102
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 7:12 pm

Post by steveflam »

Could Jon maybe smell VD ? Does he have scent, OOC I am asking.
User avatar
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 28523
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:35 pm

Post by ewancummins »

tarlyn wrote:Could Jon maybe smell VD ? Does he have scent, OOC I am asking.

OOC- Yes, he has scent.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
User avatar
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 28523
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:35 pm

Post by ewancummins »

Heal or knowledge: nature check DC 25 will give more information about how hemlock normally used as a lethal poison.

Here's a better picture of the hemlock [not as bright, but better image]:

http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg12 ... Conium.jpg
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
User avatar
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 28523
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:35 pm

Post by ewancummins »

If you think 'normal' piercers are bad....you definitely cannot handle the Dread Piercers of Darkon!

http://www.wizards.com/dnd/images/alumni_piercer1st.jpg


http://www.wizards.com/dnd/images/alumni_piercer2nd.jpg
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
User avatar
Adam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 3742
Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 8:24 pm
Location: Omaha, NE

Post by Adam »

I don't know why, but it always amuses me to play human heroes who are just certain that all these stories of "mind flayers" and "stalactite monsters" are just that, despite living in a world where goblins and dragons are not only real but in some settings commonplace.

I'm thinking we return to the keep and deal with Wolutha. She's the cause of all of this. Best to cut off the head. My theory, though, runs sort of similar to Dorgio's so only the Dark Powers know where we'll end up after we finish the job.

Assuming she doesn't just off us, of course.
"Of course," Benn mutters, "It would be a damned shame if we ever knew what the hell was actually going on."
User avatar
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 28523
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:35 pm

Post by ewancummins »

Adam wrote:I don't know why, but it always amuses me to play human heroes who are just certain that all these stories of "mind flayers" and "stalactite monsters" are just that, despite living in a world where goblins and dragons are not only real but in some settings commonplace.

I'm thinking we return to the keep and deal with Wolutha. She's the cause of all of this. Best to cut off the head. My theory, though, runs sort of similar to Dorgio's so only the Dark Powers know where we'll end up after we finish the job.

Assuming she doesn't just off us, of course.
Alright ladies, am I to assume you are all going back as soon as you are healed and rested? :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:


EDIT-

I like Benn's skepticism about such weird monsters. A piercer is so strange and outside his experience, it's easy to see why he might reject it's existence withour proof.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 12102
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 7:12 pm

Post by steveflam »

Norzak gave him proof from his own experiences back home in Darkon! Dunno if that helped any :P
User avatar
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 28523
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:35 pm

Post by ewancummins »

Note for all:

stalactites hang down from the ceiling, stalagmites jut up from the floor.

T for tear

M for mountain

Just remember it that way.
Last edited by ewancummins on Sun Oct 04, 2009 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
User avatar
Isabella
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 1859
Joined: Mon May 30, 2005 12:54 am

Post by Isabella »

Isn't it stalaCtite for "ceiling" and stalaGmite for "ground"?

I mean... uh...

Look out Strahd's sneaking up behind you! *runs*
"No, but evil is still being — Is having reason — Being reasonable! Mousie understands? Is always being reason. Is punishing world for not being... Like in head. Is always reason. World should be different, is reason."
User avatar
Brock Marsh Runoff
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 2303
Joined: Sat Jun 28, 2008 5:49 pm
Location: New Haven, CT

Post by Brock Marsh Runoff »

Rolled a 13 for the heal check, so I'm playing it as if Dorgio can't think of any particular method for making hemlock specifically as a drink, but I figure he'd know enough about healing to suggest a very general method like making a tincture. I have no idea if that really works OOC or IC, though.

Anyway, I agree that we should head to Wolutha's soon, but I can't shake the feeling that we're still missing something.
"You said I killed you--haunt me, then!...Be with me always--take any form--drive me mad! only do not leave me in this abyss, where I cannot find you!” -Wuthering Heights
User avatar
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 28523
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:35 pm

Post by ewancummins »

Isabella wrote:Isn't it stalaCtite for "ceiling" and stalaGmite for "ground"?

I mean... uh...

Look out Strahd's sneaking up behind you! *runs*
Whhooops- I typoed!
LOL

Yes, c for ceiling and g for ground, or t for tear and m for mountain.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
User avatar
Adam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 3742
Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 8:24 pm
Location: Omaha, NE

Post by Adam »

I usually go with "stalactites hold tight to the ceiling." but I like mnemonics.

Where did I get that bit of information about her killing herself, btw. I thought it was form the books, but now I can't find it.
"Of course," Benn mutters, "It would be a damned shame if we ever knew what the hell was actually going on."
Post Reply