Page 131 of 277
Posted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:02 pm
by ewancummins
So, what's your plan, heroes?

Posted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:03 pm
by steveflam
Ok do we look for VD or head back to the keep with Hemlock and a plan?
Btw does either Benn or Dorgio have a spell to remove Alain's blindness?
Thought I'd ask, heh! But I don;t think so cause they'd of already cast it!
Posted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:36 pm
by JMaytr
lets stay here and wait for van dieks to attack us. and get the witch with the hemlock
Posted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:58 pm
by steveflam
Could Jon maybe smell VD ? Does he have scent, OOC I am asking.
Posted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:06 pm
by ewancummins
tarlyn wrote:Could Jon maybe smell VD ? Does he have scent, OOC I am asking.
OOC- Yes, he has scent.
Posted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 3:04 pm
by ewancummins
Heal or
knowledge: nature check
DC 25 will give more information about how hemlock normally used as a lethal poison.
Here's a better picture of the hemlock [not as bright, but better image]:
http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg12 ... Conium.jpg
Posted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 4:53 pm
by ewancummins
Posted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:52 pm
by Adam
I don't know why, but it always amuses me to play human heroes who are just certain that all these stories of "mind flayers" and "stalactite monsters" are just that, despite living in a world where goblins and dragons are not only real but in some settings commonplace.
I'm thinking we return to the keep and deal with Wolutha. She's the cause of all of this. Best to cut off the head. My theory, though, runs sort of similar to Dorgio's so only the Dark Powers know where we'll end up after we finish the job.
Assuming she doesn't just off us, of course.
Posted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 11:02 pm
by ewancummins
Adam wrote:I don't know why, but it always amuses me to play human heroes who are just certain that all these stories of "mind flayers" and "stalactite monsters" are just that, despite living in a world where goblins and dragons are not only real but in some settings commonplace.
I'm thinking we return to the keep and deal with Wolutha. She's the cause of all of this. Best to cut off the head. My theory, though, runs sort of similar to Dorgio's so only the Dark Powers know where we'll end up after we finish the job.
Assuming she doesn't just off us, of course.
Alright ladies, am I to assume you are all going back as soon as you are healed and rested?
EDIT-
I like Benn's skepticism about such weird monsters. A piercer is so strange and
outside his experience, it's easy to see why he might reject it's existence withour proof.
Posted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 2:29 am
by steveflam
Norzak gave him proof from his own experiences back home in Darkon! Dunno if that helped any

Posted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 12:19 pm
by ewancummins
Note for all:
stalactites hang down from the ceiling, stalagmites jut up from the floor.
T for tear
M for mountain
Just remember it that way.
Posted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 12:24 pm
by Isabella
Isn't it stalaCtite for "ceiling" and stalaGmite for "ground"?
I mean... uh...
Look out Strahd's sneaking up behind you! *runs*
Posted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 12:27 pm
by Brock Marsh Runoff
Rolled a 13 for the heal check, so I'm playing it as if Dorgio can't think of any particular method for making hemlock specifically as a drink, but I figure he'd know enough about healing to suggest a very general method like making a tincture. I have no idea if that really works OOC or IC, though.
Anyway, I agree that we should head to Wolutha's soon, but I can't shake the feeling that we're still missing something.
Posted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 12:50 pm
by ewancummins
Isabella wrote:Isn't it stalaCtite for "ceiling" and stalaGmite for "ground"?
I mean... uh...
Look out Strahd's sneaking up behind you! *runs*
Whhooops- I typoed!
LOL
Yes, c for ceiling and g for ground, or t for tear and m for mountain.
Posted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 3:26 pm
by Adam
I usually go with "stalactites hold tight to the ceiling." but I like mnemonics.
Where did I get that bit of information about her killing herself, btw. I thought it was form the books, but now I can't find it.