Page 132 of 277

Posted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 3:37 pm
by ewancummins
Adam wrote:I usually go with "stalactites hold tight to the ceiling." but I like mnemonics.

Where did I get that bit of information about her killing herself, btw. I thought it was form the books, but now I can't find it.
In the chronicle it said she had sworn to die rather than be captured by her enemies. In the herbal book the passage describing hemlock is underlined. The Rider-in Iron alluded to what had killed her- but didn't say what it was. You made the connections.
And yes, Benn can easily find the recipe for making a hemlock solution; it's in the herbal book. :wink: I wasn't going to say anything until a PC actually suggested looking in the big book of herbs for information, but Benn just did, so there you are.

Posted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 9:22 pm
by steveflam
ewan, does detect creatures spell work on Ghosts? If so Norzak will use it at the keep for detecting Wolutha.

Posted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 9:28 pm
by ewancummins
tarlyn wrote:ewan, does detect creatures spell work on Ghosts? If so Norzak will use it at the keep for detecting Wolutha.
It should work unless Wolutha has certain magical protections in place, is out of range, or is on the far side of a body of running water.

Posted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 9:51 pm
by steveflam
Okay a post is on the way.

Posted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:15 am
by Adam
ewancummins wrote:
Adam wrote:I usually go with "stalactites hold tight to the ceiling." but I like mnemonics.

Where did I get that bit of information about her killing herself, btw. I thought it was form the books, but now I can't find it.
In the chronicle it said she had sworn to die rather than be captured by her enemies. In the herbal book the passage describing hemlock is underlined. The Rider-in Iron alluded to what had killed her- but didn't say what it was. You made the connections.
And yes, Benn can easily find the recipe for making a hemlock solution; it's in the herbal book. :wink: I wasn't going to say anything until a PC actually suggested looking in the big book of herbs for information, but Benn just did, so there you are.
Oh, certainly. I just didn't remember the specific passage it was referring to.

In reference to the question posed in the IC thread, do any of the people in the book resemble the rider-in-iron? Probably not, since I think he was a knight that rode to the castle to fight her, but worth an ask all the same.

Posted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:02 am
by ewancummins
Adam wrote:
Oh, certainly. I just didn't remember the specific passage it was referring to.

In reference to the question posed in the IC thread, do any of the people in the book resemble the rider-in-iron? Probably not, since I think he was a knight that rode to the castle to fight her, but worth an ask all the same.
No, none of the pictures resemble the Rider-in-Iron.

Posted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:07 pm
by Brock Marsh Runoff
ewancummins wrote:
Adam wrote:
Oh, certainly. I just didn't remember the specific passage it was referring to.

In reference to the question posed in the IC thread, do any of the people in the book resemble the rider-in-iron? Probably not, since I think he was a knight that rode to the castle to fight her, but worth an ask all the same.
No, none of the pictures resemble the Rider-in-Iron.
You know, I half expected to see an ancient portrait of some unassuming character we'd never suspect, like one of the tinkers or . . . Wat! Ha, wouldn't it be awesome if Wat was just pulling the strings this whole time, like a backwoods Dominic D'honaire?

Posted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:12 pm
by ewancummins
Brock Marsh Runoff wrote:
ewancummins wrote:
Adam wrote:
Oh, certainly. I just didn't remember the specific passage it was referring to.

In reference to the question posed in the IC thread, do any of the people in the book resemble the rider-in-iron? Probably not, since I think he was a knight that rode to the castle to fight her, but worth an ask all the same.
No, none of the pictures resemble the Rider-in-Iron.
You know, I half expected to see an ancient portrait of some unassuming character we'd never suspect, like one of the tinkers or . . . Wat! Ha, wouldn't it be awesome if Wat was just pulling the strings this whole time, like a backwoods Dominic D'honaire?
Hehehe, that would have been creepy, wouldn't it?

Posted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 4:53 pm
by Brock Marsh Runoff
Hey Tarlyn, did Norzak ever show Dorgio the music box from the keep?

Posted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 4:57 pm
by steveflam
Yes he did show Dorgio the box, Brock ;)

Posted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:16 pm
by Brock Marsh Runoff
Cool, thanks!

I just edited the last IC post to reflect that.

Posted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:25 pm
by steveflam
All righty then! Havin a peek!

Posted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:36 pm
by ewancummins
Unless anyone posts to the contrary , I will assume that the party is indeed heading to the Keep. I will post a scene after dinner.

Posted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:38 am
by Lord Skybolt
To Tarlyn still bring your wand of magic missiles because if she does not have shield or some other spell up to stop them then she can be hurt by it .

Posted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:49 am
by Brock Marsh Runoff
Yeah, seconding Alain's idea about the wand.


Also, you bring up a good point about blind wizards, Sky. Maybe somewhere there are spellbooks written in eldritch braille.