Mists over the Musarde OOC
- Lord Skybolt
- Evil Genius

- Posts: 2368
- Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:11 pm
- Gender: Male
- Location: Portland,OR
- ewancummins
- Evil Genius

- Posts: 28523
- Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:35 pm
- ewancummins
- Evil Genius

- Posts: 28523
- Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:35 pm
- Brock Marsh Runoff
- Evil Genius

- Posts: 2303
- Joined: Sat Jun 28, 2008 5:49 pm
- Location: New Haven, CT
Awesome fight! And somehow, we're mostly all not dead? Now I'm just waiting for the mistquakes to tear the whole pocket domain asunder.
Maybe it wouldn't be a bad idea to check that portal room in the keep, now. As for VD, I bet he's as eager to get back as we are, especially if VD's no longer under Wolutha's command.
Hey, I wonder what we'd see now if we looked in that magic mirror?
Maybe it wouldn't be a bad idea to check that portal room in the keep, now. As for VD, I bet he's as eager to get back as we are, especially if VD's no longer under Wolutha's command.
Hey, I wonder what we'd see now if we looked in that magic mirror?
"You said I killed you--haunt me, then!...Be with me always--take any form--drive me mad! only do not leave me in this abyss, where I cannot find you!” -Wuthering Heights
- ewancummins
- Evil Genius

- Posts: 28523
- Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:35 pm
I assume that you do indeed check the portal room- and find nothing unusual. If Gaston was here, he's left no clear signs of it.
[Yes, I rolled search rolls for each PC, just in case]
The magic mirror, should Benn or one of the others check it, now seems to work just as an ordinary mirror, reflecting whatever is in front of it.
I will post an interlude or just the start of the next chapter very soon. In the meantime, feel free to discuss stuff OOC.
Are y'all sleeping in the ruins or venturing back across the nighttime forest to Wat's cabin? Taking the blood portal back to the woods near the Moothouse[ if it works]?
[Yes, I rolled search rolls for each PC, just in case]
The magic mirror, should Benn or one of the others check it, now seems to work just as an ordinary mirror, reflecting whatever is in front of it.
I will post an interlude or just the start of the next chapter very soon. In the meantime, feel free to discuss stuff OOC.
Are y'all sleeping in the ruins or venturing back across the nighttime forest to Wat's cabin? Taking the blood portal back to the woods near the Moothouse[ if it works]?
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.
-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
- Lord Skybolt
- Evil Genius

- Posts: 2368
- Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:11 pm
- Gender: Male
- Location: Portland,OR
Well, that was somewhat easier than I expected. Good call to whoever decided to put the poison on the weapons.
I'm hoping we're truly done with her. It's so hard to tell with bloody ghosts. Plus, Van Deicks not being here is exceedingly troubling, as it poses the dual problem of A) leaving us wondering when he's going to show up again and B) leaving us with nothing to give the Tinkers to get us home.
Oh well, hurrah for us all. We didn't die.
Don't suppose we have enough xp to level now
I'm hoping we're truly done with her. It's so hard to tell with bloody ghosts. Plus, Van Deicks not being here is exceedingly troubling, as it poses the dual problem of A) leaving us wondering when he's going to show up again and B) leaving us with nothing to give the Tinkers to get us home.
Oh well, hurrah for us all. We didn't die.
Don't suppose we have enough xp to level now
"Of course," Benn mutters, "It would be a damned shame if we ever knew what the hell was actually going on."
- Le Noir Faineant
- Rafe, Agent of the Fraternity

- Posts: 4569
- Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2005 12:25 pm
- Gender: Male
- Location: Saint Grimmin’s-in-the-Wold
- ewancummins
- Evil Genius

- Posts: 28523
- Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:35 pm
No skellie in the box.tarlyn wrote:Norzak will show the others his find. Does anyone else want to travel back to Wats cabin, try to portal or stay at the Keep. I'll so whatever you guys want to.
Ewan, what is in the box Norzak found? A skeleton?
What you do find:
an old leatherbound book , a small sack of uncut emeralds, a silver ingot; and a dusty brown robe, worn and much repaired.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.
-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
- ewancummins
- Evil Genius

- Posts: 28523
- Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:35 pm
Really, if you think it was too easy, imagine how it would have gone if you'd missed the clues that led you to her bane or otherwise misinterpreted things...Adam wrote:Well, that was somewhat easier than I expected. Good call to whoever decided to put the poison on the weapons.
I'm hoping we're truly done with her. It's so hard to tell with bloody ghosts. Plus, Van Deicks not being here is exceedingly troubling, as it poses the dual problem of A) leaving us wondering when he's going to show up again and B) leaving us with nothing to give the Tinkers to get us home.
Oh well, hurrah for us all. We didn't die.
Don't suppose we have enough xp to level now
W/O the hemlock solution it would have been extra-nasty. It's pretty likely that at least a couple of PCs would have died, if not a TPK when the spectral minions arrived on scene.
Not quite level up time, as you've already gone from 2- 4 in just a few chapters. Advancment has been rapid thus far, now it is slowing down a bit. Nope, you're all on your way towards the next level, but not there yet.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.
-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
- Brock Marsh Runoff
- Evil Genius

- Posts: 2303
- Joined: Sat Jun 28, 2008 5:49 pm
- Location: New Haven, CT
I think we'd probably head back to Wat's cabin as opposed to taking the blood portal. Wat's kind of been through a lot, so it might be best to get him home as soon as we can. On the downside, that might leave us more open to attack if VD decides to ambush, so I can see it either way.
Speaking of VD, yeah, I'm not too sure what we need to do about that, since the tinkers were pretty adamant about us getting the killer. But like I said, it might be that VD will try to track us down. Or, there's always the possibility the killer is somebody besides VD. (I think this might be where the three Mikloses come in. The first two people named Miklos that Dorgio met have been more or less innocent, but Dorgio roughed 'em up something fierce because he thought they were evil. So maybe Dorgio's supposed to take this as a sign about Dorgio being suspicious of the wrong killer. But who should he be susupcious of? VD? Jon? Maybe the third Miklos (i.e., the Tinker) himself?
Also, Ewan, does anything in the chest radiate if we cast detect magic?
Speaking of VD, yeah, I'm not too sure what we need to do about that, since the tinkers were pretty adamant about us getting the killer. But like I said, it might be that VD will try to track us down. Or, there's always the possibility the killer is somebody besides VD. (I think this might be where the three Mikloses come in. The first two people named Miklos that Dorgio met have been more or less innocent, but Dorgio roughed 'em up something fierce because he thought they were evil. So maybe Dorgio's supposed to take this as a sign about Dorgio being suspicious of the wrong killer. But who should he be susupcious of? VD? Jon? Maybe the third Miklos (i.e., the Tinker) himself?
Also, Ewan, does anything in the chest radiate if we cast detect magic?
"You said I killed you--haunt me, then!...Be with me always--take any form--drive me mad! only do not leave me in this abyss, where I cannot find you!” -Wuthering Heights
Norzak appraises the loot. He gives the book to Benn as he seems the most scholarly of the band. That's not saying noone else is, but he is the one who has spent the most time researching.
Maybe he could wear the dress LMAO! Just kidding..ewwwwwwwwwwwwww! LOL.
If the loot is enough, maybe we could trade it to remove Alain's blindness?
What do you guys say?
As for going back with Wats, I think it's a good idea.
Maybe he could wear the dress LMAO! Just kidding..ewwwwwwwwwwwwww! LOL.
If the loot is enough, maybe we could trade it to remove Alain's blindness?
What do you guys say?
As for going back with Wats, I think it's a good idea.
- Brock Marsh Runoff
- Evil Genius

- Posts: 2303
- Joined: Sat Jun 28, 2008 5:49 pm
- Location: New Haven, CT
Now that's got me wondering how we -would- have faced her if we didn't know about the hemlock.ewancummins wrote: Really, if you think it was too easy, imagine how it would have gone if you'd missed the clues that led you to her bane or otherwise misinterpreted things...
![]()
W/O the hemlock solution it would have been extra-nasty. It's pretty likely that at least a couple of PCs would have died, if not a TPK when the spectral minions arrived on scene.
As for the loot, assuming we can get home it might not be necessary to sell it. Dennys has been pretty generous so far, so it's possible that he would pay for the healing. I don't know if we've met anybody in this domain so far who could heal Alain otherwise, except maybe one of the tinkers.
"You said I killed you--haunt me, then!...Be with me always--take any form--drive me mad! only do not leave me in this abyss, where I cannot find you!” -Wuthering Heights
Yeah I guess, but I think it's important to cure his blindness! Norzak will give his share of the loot towards that end.Brock Marsh Runoff wrote:Now that's got me wondering how we -would- have faced her if we didn't know about the hemlock.ewancummins wrote: Really, if you think it was too easy, imagine how it would have gone if you'd missed the clues that led you to her bane or otherwise misinterpreted things...
![]()
W/O the hemlock solution it would have been extra-nasty. It's pretty likely that at least a couple of PCs would have died, if not a TPK when the spectral minions arrived on scene.
As for the loot, assuming we can get home it might not be necessary to sell it. Dennys has been pretty generous so far, so it's possible that he would pay for the healing. I don't know if we've met anybody in this domain so far who could heal Alain otherwise, except maybe one of the tinkers.

