Page 136 of 277
Posted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:28 pm
by Lord Skybolt
Wrong place to post that so I deleted the post .
Yaa we won hopefully so now we need to get Van Dieks Body to give to the Gypsies and use the Transportation Circle to get back quickly .
Posted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:28 pm
by ewancummins
[Norzak's spell detects no ghosts.]
Posted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:31 pm
by ewancummins
[Jon registers, but no others in range. No Gaston.]
Posted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:59 pm
by Brock Marsh Runoff
Awesome fight! And somehow, we're mostly all not dead? Now I'm just waiting for the mistquakes to tear the whole pocket domain asunder.
Maybe it wouldn't be a bad idea to check that portal room in the keep, now. As for VD, I bet he's as eager to get back as we are, especially if VD's no longer under Wolutha's command.
Hey, I wonder what we'd see now if we looked in that magic mirror?
Posted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 12:06 am
by ewancummins
I assume that you do indeed check the portal room- and find nothing unusual. If Gaston was here, he's left no clear signs of it.
[Yes, I rolled search rolls for each PC, just in case]
The magic mirror, should Benn or one of the others check it, now seems to work just as an ordinary mirror, reflecting whatever is in front of it.
I will post an interlude or just the start of the next chapter very soon. In the meantime, feel free to discuss stuff OOC.
Are y'all sleeping in the ruins or venturing back across the nighttime forest to Wat's cabin? Taking the blood portal back to the woods near the Moothouse[ if it works]?
Posted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 12:16 am
by steveflam
Norzak will show the others his find. Does anyone else want to travel back to Wats cabin, try to portal or stay at the Keep. I'll so whatever you guys want to.
Ewan, what is in the box Norzak found? A skeleton?
Posted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 12:26 am
by Lord Skybolt
Alain will go with the group decision opinion as he is still blind .
Posted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 12:53 am
by Adam
Well, that was somewhat easier than I expected. Good call to whoever decided to put the poison on the weapons.
I'm hoping we're truly done with her. It's so hard to tell with bloody ghosts. Plus, Van Deicks not being here is exceedingly troubling, as it poses the dual problem of A) leaving us wondering when he's going to show up again and B) leaving us with nothing to give the Tinkers to get us home.
Oh well, hurrah for us all. We didn't die.
Don't suppose we have enough xp to level now

Posted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 1:38 am
by Le Noir Faineant
Posted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:35 am
by ewancummins
tarlyn wrote:Norzak will show the others his find. Does anyone else want to travel back to Wats cabin, try to portal or stay at the Keep. I'll so whatever you guys want to.
Ewan, what is in the box Norzak found? A skeleton?
No skellie in the box.
What you do find:
an old leatherbound book , a small sack of uncut emeralds, a silver ingot; and a dusty brown robe, worn and much repaired.
Posted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:44 am
by ewancummins
Adam wrote:Well, that was somewhat easier than I expected. Good call to whoever decided to put the poison on the weapons.
I'm hoping we're truly done with her. It's so hard to tell with bloody ghosts. Plus, Van Deicks not being here is exceedingly troubling, as it poses the dual problem of A) leaving us wondering when he's going to show up again and B) leaving us with nothing to give the Tinkers to get us home.
Oh well, hurrah for us all. We didn't die.
Don't suppose we have enough xp to level now

Really, if you think it was too easy, imagine how it would have gone if you'd missed the clues that led you to her bane or otherwise misinterpreted things...
W/O the hemlock solution it would have been
extra-nasty. It's pretty likely that at least a couple of PCs would have died, if not a TPK when the spectral minions arrived on scene.
Not quite level up time, as you've already gone from 2- 4 in just a few chapters. Advancment has been rapid thus far, now it is slowing down a bit. Nope, you're all on your way towards the next level, but not there yet.
Posted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:01 am
by Brock Marsh Runoff
I think we'd probably head back to Wat's cabin as opposed to taking the blood portal. Wat's kind of been through a lot, so it might be best to get him home as soon as we can. On the downside, that might leave us more open to attack if VD decides to ambush, so I can see it either way.
Speaking of VD, yeah, I'm not too sure what we need to do about that, since the tinkers were pretty adamant about us getting the killer. But like I said, it might be that VD will try to track us down. Or, there's always the possibility the killer is somebody besides VD. (I think this might be where the three Mikloses come in. The first two people named Miklos that Dorgio met have been more or less innocent, but Dorgio roughed 'em up something fierce because he thought they were evil. So maybe Dorgio's supposed to take this as a sign about Dorgio being suspicious of the wrong killer. But who should he be susupcious of? VD? Jon? Maybe the third Miklos (i.e., the Tinker) himself?
Also, Ewan, does anything in the chest radiate if we cast detect magic?
Posted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 1:56 pm
by steveflam
Norzak appraises the loot. He gives the book to Benn as he seems the most scholarly of the band. That's not saying noone else is, but he is the one who has spent the most time researching.
Maybe he could wear the dress LMAO! Just kidding..ewwwwwwwwwwwwww! LOL.
If the loot is enough, maybe we could trade it to remove Alain's blindness?
What do you guys say?
As for going back with Wats, I think it's a good idea.
Posted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 2:32 pm
by Brock Marsh Runoff
ewancummins wrote:
Really, if you think it was too easy, imagine how it would have gone if you'd missed the clues that led you to her bane or otherwise misinterpreted things...
W/O the hemlock solution it would have been
extra-nasty. It's pretty likely that at least a couple of PCs would have died, if not a TPK when the spectral minions arrived on scene.
Now that's got me wondering how we -would- have faced her if we didn't know about the hemlock.
As for the loot, assuming we can get home it might not be necessary to sell it. Dennys has been pretty generous so far, so it's possible that he would pay for the healing. I don't know if we've met anybody in this domain so far who could heal Alain otherwise, except maybe one of the tinkers.
Posted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:06 pm
by steveflam
Brock Marsh Runoff wrote:ewancummins wrote:
Really, if you think it was too easy, imagine how it would have gone if you'd missed the clues that led you to her bane or otherwise misinterpreted things...
W/O the hemlock solution it would have been
extra-nasty. It's pretty likely that at least a couple of PCs would have died, if not a TPK when the spectral minions arrived on scene.
Now that's got me wondering how we -would- have faced her if we didn't know about the hemlock.
As for the loot, assuming we can get home it might not be necessary to sell it. Dennys has been pretty generous so far, so it's possible that he would pay for the healing. I don't know if we've met anybody in this domain so far who could heal Alain otherwise, except maybe one of the tinkers.
Yeah I guess, but I think it's important to cure his blindness! Norzak will give his share of the loot towards that end.