Mists over the Musarde OOC

Online roleplaying at the Café
User avatar
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 28523
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:35 pm

Post by ewancummins »

JMaytr wrote:I was just trying to get more healing than the standard rate.
Of course, we'll put Jon on the 'Public Option.'
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 12102
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 7:12 pm

Post by steveflam »

ewancummins wrote:
JMaytr wrote:I was just trying to get more healing than the standard rate.
Of course, we'll put Jon on the 'Public Option.'
LOL!
User avatar
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 28523
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:35 pm

Post by ewancummins »

Rafael wrote:Gaaaaaaah!!!

OMG I 4M S1NNER, ALL 4-GIVNESS 2 ME PLZKTHNX /SEPPUKU



Errhh...

I can haz retcon action? *tiger smile*
Heheheheh, sure. I'll either edit my first post to make the interlude begin the same night as y'all get back to the cabin[no rest and no healing] or else you can edit as you like to remove the 'I'm still in my armor after the whole night has passed.' I'll leave this up to the players. I don't want to be a railroad-style DM, but I do want the thread to make sense. :wink: As I said, my assumption [stated pretty clearly in that initial post, I think] was that you all rested for the whole night and part of the next day, and healed up [the two healers using spells to bring the party to full hit points or at least close].
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
User avatar
JMaytr
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 1358
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:43 pm
Location: Portland, OR
Contact:

Post by JMaytr »

party option
"Seven Seals...Seven Rings...Seven Brides for the Scarlet King..."
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 12102
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 7:12 pm

Post by steveflam »

I won't have to change my post this way :P
User avatar
Brock Marsh Runoff
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 2303
Joined: Sat Jun 28, 2008 5:49 pm
Location: New Haven, CT

Post by Brock Marsh Runoff »

Hmm, wonder what would happen if we used <i>read magic</i> on the book?
"You said I killed you--haunt me, then!...Be with me always--take any form--drive me mad! only do not leave me in this abyss, where I cannot find you!” -Wuthering Heights
User avatar
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 28523
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:35 pm

Post by ewancummins »

I have very slightly edited my posts:

I removed all reference to assumed healing. If you have healing spells available for the day, you may use them as you like, of course.
I also added a thought bubble for Wat, about the knight sleeping in his armor.
Raf, not retcon necessary, but Cirdan is definitely stiff and sore today from sleeping in his armor. Let's go with the flow.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
User avatar
JMaytr
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 1358
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:43 pm
Location: Portland, OR
Contact:

Post by JMaytr »

Lord Skybolt wrote:"Their called pistols . And they dangerous to use by those untrained in them . " Alain answering Wat's question ."Yes I had just got good pair them and not really used them when I was blinded by the bitch . "Alain muttering to himself .

Hilarious
"Seven Seals...Seven Rings...Seven Brides for the Scarlet King..."
User avatar
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 28523
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:35 pm

Post by ewancummins »

I've been cooking up fun stuff for the game.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
User avatar
Brock Marsh Runoff
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 2303
Joined: Sat Jun 28, 2008 5:49 pm
Location: New Haven, CT

Post by Brock Marsh Runoff »

Hey folks, I'm at a conference on the Neurobiology of Language this weekend, but I'll be back IC on Monday.
"You said I killed you--haunt me, then!...Be with me always--take any form--drive me mad! only do not leave me in this abyss, where I cannot find you!” -Wuthering Heights
User avatar
Adam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 3742
Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 8:24 pm
Location: Omaha, NE

Post by Adam »

One probably nice thing about the play-by-post is you probably have plenty of time to do your DM prep, since the game moves at a pretty steady, slow pace.

Have fun at the conference. Sounds riveting. :?
"Of course," Benn mutters, "It would be a damned shame if we ever knew what the hell was actually going on."
User avatar
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 28523
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:35 pm

Post by ewancummins »

Adam wrote:One probably nice thing about the play-by-post is you probably have plenty of time to do your DM prep, since the game moves at a pretty steady, slow pace.

Have fun at the conference. Sounds riveting. :?
Yes, prep time is adequate.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
User avatar
Lord Skybolt
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 2368
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:11 pm
Gender: Male
Location: Portland,OR

Post by Lord Skybolt »

Now if the rest of the party would post more stuff in the interlude so we don't have go over it in the next chapter .
"Evil only endures when good people remain silent ."
Tony inspired by Thomas Jefferson .
User avatar
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 28523
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:35 pm

Post by ewancummins »

Once the party has a clear plan of action, I will advance the scene.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
User avatar
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 28523
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:35 pm

Post by ewancummins »

Sounds as if pretty much the whole group wants to return to the Moot, after resting and healing for one more night. By my count, most PCs have suggested that or agreed with it, and no one has countered it. Shall I assume that the portal shortcut will be used? That shortcut will get you all to the Moot in just a few hours of walking, as opposed to a couple of days.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
Post Reply