Page 143 of 277

Posted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 7:52 pm
by Brock Marsh Runoff
I recently noticed a neat reference in this game. Benn's friend Matteo runs a shop called the Marble Faun, right? I just started reading Peter Straub's Ghost Story. And this is the epigraph:
"The chasm was merely one of the orifices of that pit of blackness that lies beneath us, everywhere." -Nathaniel Hawthorne, The Marble Faun.
I think that's a pretty apt description of Pont-a-Museau.

Posted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:42 pm
by ewancummins
Brock Marsh Runoff wrote:I recently noticed a neat reference in this game. Benn's friend Matteo runs a shop called the Marble Faun, right? I just started reading Peter Straub's Ghost Story. And this is the epigraph:
"The chasm was merely one of the orifices of that pit of blackness that lies beneath us, everywhere." -Nathaniel Hawthorne, The Marble Faun.
I think that's a pretty apt description of Pont-a-Museau.
Ah, I was wondering if anyone would catch that. Have a skull [I don't give out cookies]:
:azalin:

Posted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:44 pm
by steveflam
ewancummins wrote:
Brock Marsh Runoff wrote:I recently noticed a neat reference in this game. Benn's friend Matteo runs a shop called the Marble Faun, right? I just started reading Peter Straub's Ghost Story. And this is the epigraph:
"The chasm was merely one of the orifices of that pit of blackness that lies beneath us, everywhere." -Nathaniel Hawthorne, The Marble Faun.
I think that's a pretty apt description of Pont-a-Museau.
Ah, I was wondering if anyone would catch that. Have a skull [I don't give out cookies]:
:azalin:
*Snaps fingers* . Damn and we only like cookies!

Posted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 8:03 am
by Brock Marsh Runoff
Ha, thanks! Ghost Story is pretty good so far, too.


Does Lothar's blood appear to have been drained? Obviously he's probably bled out from the neck wound, but is there a lot of blood around the body? In other words, did someone or something make off with the blood?

Posted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:28 pm
by ewancummins
Brock Marsh Runoff wrote:Ha, thanks! Ghost Story is pretty good so far, too.


Does Lothar's blood appear to have been drained? Obviously he's probably bled out from the neck wound, but is there a lot of blood around the body? In other words, did someone or something make off with the blood?
There is rather less blood on the scene than you might expect.

Posted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 6:29 pm
by Brock Marsh Runoff
Sorry I haven't posted in a few days, I was out of town. I'll update later tonight.

Posted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:52 am
by Le Noir Faineant
Jon, as I see him:

Image

Posted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:04 am
by JMaytr
I like! :twisted:

Posted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:07 am
by Brock Marsh Runoff
Raf, for some reason that looks familiar. Is that the kid from Chrono Trigger?

Posted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:00 am
by Le Noir Faineant
No, but if you're into anime, you might well know it:

It's Isidro, the little companion to Guts from the manga "Berserk".


"Berserk", btw, is one of the best sword & sorcery animes/mangas out there;
as dark and gritty as fantasy can get, without being ridiculous.

Posted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:14 am
by Brock Marsh Runoff
Ah! I haven't read the manga yet, but I really enjoyed the anime.

Posted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:08 am
by Le Noir Faineant
:) Hehe, in any case, you should get +1 on all atributes for mentioning Chrono Trigger.

Ah, what a great game that was!

Posted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:01 pm
by ewancummins
Yeah, I can that as Jon.

:)

Posted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:05 pm
by steveflam
I can feel the love between Dorgio and Strahd! :P

Posted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:29 pm
by JMaytr
they are cousins!