Oh, Dorgio. In any genre, it's so easy to goad the proud backwoods guy into doing something dumb.
Posted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:13 am
by ewancummins
Brock Marsh Runoff wrote:Oh, Dorgio. In any genre, it's so easy to goad the proud backwoods guy into doing something dumb.
Hheheheh...did you just agree to ride off into the Mists, alone?
Man, it's like the players want the DM to screw with them...
Posted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:20 am
by Brock Marsh Runoff
Well, -I- don't think it's a great idea, but I do think it's what Dorgio would do. The whole thing about some Half-Vistani being able to walk the mists has been bothering Dorgio ever since Ottokar mentioned it the other day. He's been thinking about his escape from Barovia, and wondering if his blood was what kept him alive. I've got no idea if he's right, but that's at least what he's thinking. Jon's just more the last straw than anything else.
Maybe one of the more level-headed PCs can talk Dorgio out of it. Otherwise I'm sure he'll be wishing he'd just said, "Screw it, Jon's a wererat everyone!"
Posted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:20 am
by JMaytr
All this aside, I am of the theory that Dorgio will be able to take us all back to Richumelot
Posted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:21 am
by ewancummins
Brock Marsh Runoff wrote:Well, -I- don't think it's a great idea, but I do think it's what Dorgio would do. The whole thing about some Half-Vistani being able to walk the mists has been bothering Dorgio ever since Ottokar mentioned it the other day. He's been thinking about his escape from Barovia, and wondering if his blood was what kept him alive. I've got no idea if he's right, but that's at least what he's thinking. Jon's just more the last straw if anything else. Maybe one of the more level-headed PCs can talk him out of it. Otherwise I'm sure Dorgio will be wishing he'd just said, "Screw it, Jon's a wererat everyone!"
Indeed. I like where this is going! Dramatic stuff.
Posted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:26 am
by JMaytr
Ahem, were-mink.
Posted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:49 am
by Brock Marsh Runoff
JMaytr wrote:Cirdan likes to gesture with his sword and talks as if his mouth is always full of blood.
"I know I'm not Batman, but you don't have to be a jerk about it!"
Posted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:56 am
by JMaytr
If you woke up as a doughnut...
Posted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:58 am
by ewancummins
JMaytr wrote:Ahem, were-mink.
Is that a mink? Looks more like a wolverine. Of course, they are related. They are both mustelids.
it is a wolverine, but minks are like 10 inches long. I figure Jon wouldn't shrink down to 10 inches (even in the cold snow) so i used the wolverine. closer in bulk
Posted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 1:52 am
by ewancummins
JMaytr wrote:it is a wolverine, but minks are like 10 inches long. I figure Jon wouldn't shrink down to 10 inches (even in the cold snow) so i used the wolverine. closer in bulk
Ah, well Jon turns into a BIG mink! He's a giant mink, long and low! He's obviously far too big to be a normal mink- he's at least as big in wereform as his is as a boy. He probably grows, in fact.
Posted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:55 am
by steveflam
Ok positions , ewan please. I need to know where Norzak is when Cirdan slaps Jon.
Posted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:24 am
by Brock Marsh Runoff
Oh man, party meltdown!
So did Cirdan fail a powers check or something, or is he just taking advantage of the human PCs ignorance of infra vision? I can't remember if eyes glow red when infravision is used or not; my memory is clouded by too many Drizzt books in high school.